warning light - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > UK

UK

Old 01-11-2020, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 200 325i auto coupe
warning light

Hi Guys,

i have a 2005 X5 3.0d and the low tyre pressure warning light has come on the warning panel where the speedo is, but its come on in red, i have a low tyre pressure warning switch on the panel where the heated seat switches is, but that one is not on, i can't see anything in the handbook about the red warning light, ive checked the tyre pressures and a couple of them were a bit low, so ive inflated them to the correct pressure, but the red warning light is still on, were do i go next other than to the dealers please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 02:36 AM

Mein Auto: E39 528i m-tech year 2000
Hi, if I'm correct the tyre pressure warning comes on when it senses a change in relative speed to other tyres since it was set last. It works off the wheel speed sensors if a tyre goes down it rotates faster.
So once pressures are corrected, at stand still and if possible with wheels square and a short straight stretch of road (100m) ignition on, press the console switch for tyre and hold 3 seconds the red light should turn amber then once you drive off it will take it all tyres are correct and register the relative signals from the 4 wheel speed sensors and reset itself. As soon as you drive off it should go out.
If it doesn't, and if pressures are stable it could be a faulty wheel speed sensor, but you'll probably be getting DSC warnings if that's the case.
Hope that helps

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > UK
Today's Posts Search