BMW E65 individual - Page 3 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion of BMW's 4th generation E65/E66 7 Series flagship. The E65 generated much controversy, due to its radical styling and iDrive user difficulties. Nonetheless, the E65 broke records to become the best-selling 7-series iteration ever, especially after its 2005 facelift.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Ajonty Ajonty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Mein Auto:
I will have a set for the O/S/R I have the N/S/R one just need the O/S one
Thanks
JONTY
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #52  
Old 12-09-2019, 03:30 PM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 491
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajonty View Post
I will have a set for the O/S/R I have the N/S/R one just need the O/S one

Thanks

JONTY
Yeah but we need to copy urs lol as we dont know anyone else with 1 never mind 2

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-09-2019, 07:24 PM
FABOCH's Avatar
FABOCH FABOCH is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Thousand Oaks,Ca
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 905
Mein Auto: 2000 BMW 740I SPORT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajonty View Post
I will have a set for the O/S/R I have the N/S/R one just need the O/S one

Thanks

JONTY


Huh??????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2007 ALPINA B7 SCHWARTZ 2
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #54  
Old 12-09-2019, 11:29 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by FABOCH View Post
Huh??????


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
O/S/R = off-side rear


N/S/R = near-side rear

Last edited by vibbelito; 12-09-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-10-2019, 03:29 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Attachment 822977

The lid appears to be the same but cut shorter and have then recieved the same padding as the front center console and then have had the 2 leather peices sewn together.


Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-21-2019, 05:52 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
I'm sitting with the person who can manufactur a few table mechanisms as long as he gets a few measurements. He doesn't need them to be precise.

If one of you can't take the measurements I might be able to travel down to the UK to take them myself.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-22-2020, 01:06 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
I ha e a guy now that is fairly confident that we can create a replica of the whole center console and table(s) we just need some measurements
Preferably we would want to use an industrial 3D scanner that we have but that would require us to have the unit. But I can't expect anyone to lend us their center console?

He then have a cnc that can make the table and mechanism for it.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Ajonty Ajonty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
I ha e a guy now that is fairly confident that we can create a replica of the whole center console and table(s) we just need some measurements
Preferably we would want to use an industrial 3D scanner that we have but that would require us to have the unit. But I can't expect anyone to lend us their center console?

He then have a cnc that can make the table and mechanism for it.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
I will take some pictures and measurements this weekend and a video of the table movements in and out of the rear console
JONTY
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-22-2020, 02:48 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajonty View Post
I will take some pictures and measurements this weekend and a video of the table movements in and out of the rear console
JONTY
awesome thank you!

we can start off like that and if we would need any further measurments after that we will let you know
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Ajonty Ajonty is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 16
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
awesome thank you!

we can start off like that and if we would need any further measurments after that we will let you know
Thats all good to me
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 01-23-2020, 01:46 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 491
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Wahoo .i want them now lol

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 01-23-2020, 04:08 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
Wahoo .i want them now lol

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
And I just hope that manufacturing won't be to hard and expensive

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-27-2020, 03:27 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
The individual infotainment online computer aka CIC aka MMX is made by a company named EuroDesign embedded technologies GmbH (E.E.P.D. GmbH)

I had never even heard about the company before but they apparently develop and produce embedded systems and single board computers. This makes me believe that the version of windows that is running on it is windows embedded/ windows CE

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-27-2020, 03:31 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
The individual fax machine is still of unknown manufacturer but it seems as if the same machine in a little different housing is used in the audi A8 d3 as well.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-27-2020, 03:32 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
The same goes for the rotational airplane style map reading lights. They are also used in the Audi A8 and mercedes S-class w140

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-27-2020, 11:34 PM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
The individual infotainment online computer aka CIC aka MMX is made by a company named EuroDesign embedded technologies GmbH (E.E.P.D. GmbH)

I had never even heard about the company before but they apparently develop and produce embedded systems and single board computers. This makes me believe that the version of windows that is running on it is windows embedded/ windows CE

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
But the most important thing about it is that from what I can gather it has one LVDS input and 2 VGA/DVI outputs, one for each screen so it seems as if it upscale the lvds from 400x240p to 480p and then converters it to VGA

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-28-2020, 02:00 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 491
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
But the most important thing about it is that from what I can gather it has one LVDS input and 2 VGA/DVI outputs, one for each screen so it seems as if it upscale the lvds from 400x240p to 480p and then converters it to VGA

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Was snooping on their site and seen it alrite Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_085844.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	880079

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:36 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
This is from a car for sale right now and I'm so very tempted to buy it after speaking with the owner.

You can see lvds plug



One contact loose and the metal plugs are probably vga plugs


Part number


MMI input and CIC input as well as different storage cards



Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Last edited by vibbelito; 01-28-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-28-2020, 06:37 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
Was snooping on their site and seen it alrite []

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Yep, I've tried to find some type of FCC certification or patent for it but wasn't able to :/

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Last edited by vibbelito; 01-28-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-28-2020, 08:00 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 491
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
I seen 1 for sale aswell and thought the same as you .but reason kicked in and if im honest its just plain stupid to buy a car just for this system especially when its outdated and theres far advance systems available now at a fraction of the cost and for example even the twin rear screen from aliexpress thats android is more advanced than this now and better value .i think it would be nice to have the surrounds and a bigger android screen now hooked up to wifi on ur phone or mobile modem would be far better to have now as lets be honest everuthing now is on the or from their .even my smart tv at home has all the apps and i dont even download misic or such now just stream from youtube or spotify etc live

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-28-2020, 08:06 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
I seen 1 for sale aswell and thought the same as you .but reason kicked in and if im honest its just plain stupid to buy a car just for this system especially when its outdated and theres far advance systems available now at a fraction of the cost and for example even the twin rear screen from aliexpress thats android is more advanced than this now and better value .i think it would be nice to have the surrounds and a bigger android screen now hooked up to wifi on ur phone or mobile modem would be far better to have now as lets be honest everuthing now is on the or from their .even my smart tv at home has all the apps and i dont even download misic or such now just stream from youtube or spotify etc live

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Yes you are totally right, and that's why I have bought the twin android screens last Friday

I would mostly want that system for its LVDS converter so I don't lose my original idrive

This car also has the one table combined with the fax machine (would rather take another table though)

But yeah I'll probably reason like you about it though.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-28-2020, 08:11 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 491
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Yes you are totally right, and that's why I have bought the twin android screens last Friday

I would mostly want that system for its LVDS converter so I don't lose my original idrive

This car also has the one table combined with the fax machine (would rather take another table though)

But yeah I'll probably reason like you about it though.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
I think we both would prefere and better off focussing on the copying of the rear tables to be honest as thats what i want .i would like to add an aux in video to my individual system i have to have playback from any source such as usb but mainly my fone if im honest but not pushed as the screens are to small id rather the bigger android version if i could get it to display and integrate to the idrive like the front android version even if it was read only of the idrive

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-28-2020, 08:21 AM
irish745 irish745 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: ireland
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 491
Mein Auto: E66 760Li individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbelito View Post
Yes you are totally right, and that's why I have bought the twin android screens last Friday

I would mostly want that system for its LVDS converter so I don't lose my original idrive

This car also has the one table combined with the fax machine (would rather take another table though)

But yeah I'll probably reason like you about it though.

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Have you a link to what 1s you bought as i want to get them for 1 of my cars but will also wait tor areview by you to lol

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-28-2020, 09:05 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
I think we both would prefere and better off focussing on the copying of the rear tables to be honest as thats what i want .i would like to add an aux in video to my individual system i have to have playback from any source such as usb but mainly my fone if im honest but not pushed as the screens are to small id rather the bigger android version if i could get it to display and integrate to the idrive like the front android version even if it was read only of the idrive

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
Oh the tables are happening in one way or another

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM
vibbelito's Avatar
vibbelito vibbelito is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Sweden, Luleå
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 857
Mein Auto: 2007 730i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish745 View Post
Have you a link to what 1s you bought as i want to get them for 1 of my cars but will also wait tor areview by you to lol

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk
I was planning to do a build log of some sort later on but these are the ones I bought

All New 11.6 Inch Android 9.0 Car Headrest Monitor for BMW Back Seat Support WiFi 4K Touch Screen Video Hidden Bracket
https://a.aliexpress.com/_UFnDs

They also have this UI that is pretty much the same as the one used in the G11


Here's the G11 screens for reference


I will try to figure out how to get my oem idrive to show up on these ones and I will try to change the boot up splash screen to this


Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.