Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series Coding: (No Request) Latest Software Links - Page 42 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 08-15-2019, 08:44 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bms5 View Post
I am using Premium on my old laptop which isnít my main concern. Will ESysX solve the descriptions missing in the HKFM2 file Iím trying modify?

Thanks for your time, Shawn.
Then that explains the Date releated issues in your linked post.

Launcher PREMIUM has very old CAFD Mapping Database, whereas ESysX database is pretty current. HKFM2 should be mapped in ESysX.

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 08:49 AM

Mein Auto: 335d, X5 35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post

Launcher PREMIUM has very old CAFD Mapping Database, whereas ESysX database is pretty current. HKFM2 should be mapped in ESysX.
Awesome! Thatís the answer Iím looking for.
Can you PM me the latest link to ESysX and PsdzData?

Thanks very much!
Old 08-15-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Awesome! Thatís the answer Iím looking for.
Can you PM me the latest link to ESysX and PsdzData?

Thanks very much!
Not really. ESysX is only available from the Developer:

[email protected]
http://esysx.com/

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Not really. ESysX is only available from the Developer:

[email protected]
http://esysx.com/
So, just to be clear, EsysX is not connected to TokenMasterís free software and future PsdzData updates have to be purchased through them?

You have no other suggestions from TokenMasters products that will solve my Mapping Database issue?
Old 08-15-2019, 09:27 AM

Quote:
So, just to be clear, EsysX is not connected to TokenMaster's free software and future PsdzData updates have to be purchased through them?

You have no other suggestions from TokenMasters products that will solve my Mapping Database issue?
PSdZData updates have nothing to do with either E-Sys Launcher or ESysX. PSdZData is ripped from BMW AG's ISTA+ software, which is Dealer Diagnostic and Programming software.

E-Sys Launcher and ESysX are bolt-on's for E-Sys, and are from two totally different and unrelated developers.

E-Sys Launcher PRO has updated CAFD Mapping Database, but is not Free like Launcher PREMIUM is, and it is difficult to get as Developer Comes and Goes like the Wind. ESysX remains your best option.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 08-15-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: F11 2013 535XiT M
Hello,
About Launcher pro I sent 50USD to buy a token with Paypal to email [email protected] and received a weird answer I paid 50USD to Nova Quitalig. That is correct?
Thanks and regards

Last edited by bandido; 08-20-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:26 AM

Old 08-20-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandido View Post
Hello,
About Launcher pro I sent 50USD to buy a token with Paypal to email [email protected] and received a weird answer I paid 50USD to Nova Quitalig. That is correct?
Thanks and regards
[email protected] is correct email Address for TokenMaster charityware donations. He comes and goes like the wind though, so hopefully he responds to you soon.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:54 PM

Hello,
I can confirm, I had an answer and code back to install the stuff.
All perfect. Thanks.

Miguel
Old 08-20-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Hello,
All perfect. Thanks.

Miguel

Old 09-01-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Hello,
All perfect. Thanks.

Miguel

How long did it take for you to get an answer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2019, 03:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 X3 M40i
I would like to make my own XML cheat sheet for a G01 chassis car. I've found Almaretto's instructions (https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23241) on how to create these XML files, but my version of ESys, 3.4.2.216, does not have the Storage Info checkbox toward the top of the screen. It only has Default Values, Parameter, and Activation Condition. Do I need to enable the Storage Info box somewhere in settings? Is there an alternative way to obtain the Start, End, and Bitmask?
Old 09-13-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugin View Post
I would like to make my own XML cheat sheet for a G01 chassis car. I've found Almaretto's instructions (https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=23241) on how to create these XML files, but my version of ESys, 3.4.2.216, does not have the Storage Info checkbox toward the top of the screen. It only has Default Values, Parameter, and Activation Condition. Do I need to enable the Storage Info box somewhere in settings? Is there an alternative way to obtain the Start, End, and Bitmask?
Try E-Sys 3.27.1.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:39 PM

Thanks, Shawn. Will try tonight. Is it as simple as uninstalling my current version and installing 3.27.1? Or will I run into issues with Launcher Pro because it will not longer be activated? It's not exactly clear to me whether the Launcher activation pertains to my machine, or the combination of my machine and the specific version of Esys I am running, or the combination of my machine, the specific version of Esys I am running, and the specific PsDzData I have on my hard disk. My current activation runs through 12/30/2021, with activation limit equal to 2 (which I read that I can activate Launcher one more time for a total of two times, and then it's game over). The last thing I want is to lose activation because I have not done something the way it's supposed to be done.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Shawn. Will try tonight. Is it as simple as uninstalling my current version and installing 3.27.1? Or will I run into issues with Launcher Pro because it will not longer be activated? It's not exactly clear to me whether the Launcher activation pertains to my machine, or the combination of my machine and the specific version of Esys I am running, or the combination of my machine, the specific version of Esys I am running, and the specific PsDzData I have on my hard disk. My current activation runs through 12/30/2021, with activation limit equal to 2 (which I read that I can activate Launcher one more time for a total of two times, and then it's game over). The last thing I want is to lose activation because I have not done something the way it's supposed to be done.
Launcher PRO is locked to machine and nothing else. It does not care what versions of E-Sys and PSdZData you use so long as the E-Sys version is supported.

If you have Launcher PRO, you can have multiple versions of E-Sys installed at same time, just install each version to its own folder, and add each version to the Launcher PRO Menu:

Old 09-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Test Vehicles
Quote:
If you already have newer E-sys version installed, you may have trouble installing lower version.

On new system, I usually install 3.27.1 and then 3.33.4. I put each in separate folder as Shawn described.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Thank you both. I'll back up the partition first to make sure I can get back where I started.
Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW G05 X5
It doesn't appear that the Launcher Pro instructions in v.15 of the PDF in the first post are sufficiently precise. I haven't read the entire over 1000 posts in this thread to see if this has already somehow been addressed, but what TokenMaster actually wants is documented in the email quoted below and is materially NOT the same as what is stated in v.15 PDF to the point where I believe I didn't end up following his actual instructions and generated my own donation which I forwarded to him (rather that being send from the recipient organization as he states as requirement). Now I don't think I've "wasted" my donation, of course, but this lack of precision may very well be the root cause of many people not getting any response from TokenMaster, the general confusion, and the relatively bad feelings around all of this that I sense. I will make another donation per his actual instructions (which I only received after sending him the first donation email), but this should really be corrected immediately. Coding shouldn't be a futile exercise in chaos, that's silly.

Red bold text are the material differences/clarifications.

--- TokenMaster's actual requirement per auto email on 15-Sep-2019 ---

(Auto-Reply) Response Delayed - Please READ Carefully Re: Launcher Pro 3.x Token Please
***59718;
Flag for follow up.
Eli D.
Sun 2019-09-15 5:08 PM
*** IMPORTANT!!! Do not just donate and tell me about it. SEE NOTES BELOW ***

If you are inquiring and want to use Launcher PRO, I accept a donation of US$50 or more as a primary form of payment for 2.5 years validity. You can donate to St. Jude Children's Hospital (http://www.stjude.org) or Breast Cancer Research Foundation (https://give.bcrfcure.org/checkout/d...8223&amount=50). Use the eCard/personal message option address to me, and add your email address to the message and send me the receipt (email confirmation, no edited/redacted screenshots, absolutely no manual/scanned receipts please). If your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute have the same feature, you can use them, in lieue of SJRH and BCRF. They must be able to send me an email.

If you think it's an inconvenience, then you can also PayPal (discrete, absolutely NO notes or comments or donation/payment indicator, US$ currency if possible) it to me at [email protected] and I will add it to my donation to St. Jude Children's Hospital and Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 100% of the proceeds goes to these two foundations on 60/40 split.

If you choose to use PayPal, select "Payment for service" and do not add any notes or comments other than your email address, if different from your PayPal ID. Never add the words "Donation" or "Payment". PayPal will block the transaction if there is a note and you will have to deal with them yourself.

Make a difference and help make this world a little better place to live in.

NOTE 1: I do not accept screenshots of UNICEF KR/CN due to high incidence of fraud.
NOTE 2: If you donate to BCRF or St. Jude's or other organization, ensure you add a personal message addressed to me at [email protected], include your email address. This allows me to quickly validate your donation instantly and help speed up the process greatly. Failure to do so will result in significant delay or non-receipt of codes.
NOTE 3: If you are using Kaspersky, there will be issues with E-Sys as Kaspersky only allow a maximum memory of 768MB, which is not enough for E-Sys. You will have to use a different Anti Virus
NOTE 4: If there's anything that isn't clear, please clarify with me and do not take further action.

Lastly, I often go on a short business trip on a short notice. When I do, I can't attend to anything other than my business, and this causes significant delay.

Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexx View Post
It doesn't appear that the Launcher Pro instructions in v.15 of the PDF...
Yes, .pdf is outdated based on latest TokenMaster instruction.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search