Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series NBT EVO istep update F60 - F56 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: Q7, R53 and F56
NBT EVO istep update F60 - F56

I retrofitted an NBT EVO HW3.1 from a 2017 F60 into a 2017 F56, wireless carplay, nav etc works...however the graphics, manuals and other F56 specific items are not available.

I was told by one F56 owner that did the swap, that he accomplished these changes by upgrading his istep to 18-03 or 18-11...quote "It was not a flash/update done like on any ecu. It needed many manual actions like manually entering istep info in esys"

Another coder, however, said this:

"Unfortunately even if we update the I-step, you won’t see the proper vehicle because vehicle image and ibad files for the F56 are on the entryevo HU
We had to use the original FA and tweak to be able to VO code it since the only two Mini vehicles that has NBT EVO were the Clubman and the Countrymans produced between 2017 and 2018
The F56 had ID4 EVO up until the 2018 model, then for 2019 started to have ID5 but using HU_ENTRYNAV2 (Aka entryevo), they also don't recommend the update since the last one they did was bricked and unrecoverable.

I was going to do the update but because of conflicting feedback, I'm hesitant. Can any of the gurus please chime in on this? It would be greatly appreciated.

J

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search