F020 (F02x, F03x, F08x) replace EntryNav head unit to EVO head unit - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:44 AM

Mein Auto: Beijing
replace EntryNav head unit to EVO head unit

Hi

My car is 320 series and running with EntryNav head unit, but it don't have Nav Route and only works with a 6.5 CID , only have Bluetooth and telephone

I want to buy EVO head unit and 8.8 CID, also include one iDriver controller and wifi antenna for carplay, I just checked the EntryNav head unit HW info and cable, seems it don't have blue GPS pin

so I have some question for the EVO head unit:

1. My car don't have any ATM/TCB, I need to buy a EVO head unit with Blue GPS pin?

2. after replace this EVO head unit, also need to add GPS cable and GPS antenna?

3. I also want to add 8.8 touch CID, it request EVO HU support APIX2 pin.

4. but I found most of the head unit have APIX2 pin and don't have blue GPS pin, only some high HU have both APIX2 + GPS pin, this is the best solution for both APIX2 +GPS ?

5. if the head unit don't have Blue GPS pin and only have APIX2 , any addition item can works with this EVO head unit ? if no GPS support, EVO HU will can't work with builtin Nav?

attached my entry nav head unit HW pin/cable

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	863125   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	863127   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	863129   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	863131   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	863133  

Last edited by wuwentao; 09-01-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 320d F30 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwentao View Post
Hi

My car is 320 series and running with EntryNav head unit, but it don't have Nav Route and only works with a 6.5 CID , only have Bluetooth and telephone

I want to buy EVO head unit and 8.8 CID, also include one iDriver controller and wifi antenna for carplay, I just checked the EntryNav head unit HW info and cable, seems it don't have blue GPS pin

so I have some question for the EVO head unit:

1. My car don't have any ATM/TCB, I need to buy a EVO head unit with Blue GPS pin?

2. after replace this EVO head unit, also need to add GPS cable and GPS antenna?

3. I also want to add 8.8 touch CID, it request EVO HU support APIX2 pin.

4. but I found most of the head unit have APIX2 pin and don't have blue GPS pin, only some high HU have both APIX2 + GPS pin, this is the best solution for both APIX2 +GPS ?

5. if the head unit don't have Blue GPS pin and only have APIX2 , any addition item can works with this EVO head unit ? if no GPS support, EVO HU will can't work with builtin Nav?

attached my entry nav head unit HW pin/cable

Thanks!
I would advice you to do a TAL calculation with E-sys, where you add 609 to your FA(just do it offline, dont write it to car)

This will tell you the exact headunit your car would have come with from factory, then you can just look at the images of the headunits you look to buy, and check that the HWEL that E-sys requires, is the same as the headunit you buy. That way you get a headunit that matches your cars hardware. It is possible to retrofit ATM version without the blue antenna, but it is much harder.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=14

Be aware that you will need an emulator or new FSC codes for navigation to work.

/Weebyx
Old 09-02-2019, 02:30 AM

Mein Auto: 228i F22
If all you want is a bigger screen and CarPlay, you could consider an aftermarket solution. All you would need to do is swap the screen, you keep all existing OEM functionality and add you add full Android and CarPlay to the car. It is easier to install and much cheaper and you can even get 10" screen that will fit without cutting the dash.

This solution worked great for me so far, I use it mostly for Waze, installed directly on the navigation, but you can install any Android app from the PlayStore ( maps, youtube, etc ).

All the coding required for this would be to enable large screen:

HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480
HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display

Last edited by ngl_; 09-02-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Hello!

If you really want a NBTEvo id6 with carplay, you will need:

NBTEvo HW 4.1 with GPS
NBTEvo Display 8,8" Apix2
Touch Controller for Evo
New Apix Cable
WLAN antenna
GPS mouse
USB cable for middle armrest

A complete set will cost something between 1.100,00 and 1.200,00 Euro (I have here at the moment appr. 15 sets)

If you will buy a preconfig set the retrofit is absolutely simple. Made it on monday for a F21, also only with radio (entrynav without nav). I needed for the complete retrofit less than one hour.

CU Oliver
Old 09-06-2019, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2018 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngl_ View Post
If all you want is a bigger screen and CarPlay, you could consider an aftermarket solution. All you would need to do is swap the screen, you keep all existing OEM functionality and add you add full Android and CarPlay to the car. It is easier to install and much cheaper and you can even get 10" screen that will fit without cutting the dash.

This solution worked great for me so far, I use it mostly for Waze, installed directly on the navigation, but you can install any Android app from the PlayStore ( maps, youtube, etc ).

All the coding required for this would be to enable large screen:

HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480
HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
Where can I get the aftermarket solution? I have a 2018 330 with no nav and 6.5" screen. I'd love to get the bigger screen and carplay...
Old 09-11-2019, 01:50 AM

Mein Auto: F20
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
Hello!

If you really want a NBTEvo id6 with carplay, you will need:

NBTEvo HW 4.1 with GPS
NBTEvo Display 8,8" Apix2
Touch Controller for Evo
New Apix Cable
WLAN antenna
GPS mouse
USB cable for middle armrest

A complete set will cost something between 1.100,00 and 1.200,00 Euro (I have here at the moment appr. 15 sets)

If you will buy a preconfig set the retrofit is absolutely simple. Made it on monday for a F21, also only with radio (entrynav without nav). I needed for the complete retrofit less than one hour.

CU Oliver
Can you please PM with the cost for retrofitting NBT EVO id6 on a F20 LCI? I already have the 8,8 display for NBT EVO. Need headunit, idrive touch controller, display cable, wlan antenna.
Thank you
Old 09-20-2019, 02:35 AM

Mein Auto: F10 530xd LCI
Hello all,
Few questions about this type of retrofit:
1) Do you need to change HU-CID cable? Right now I have purple-purple cable (between big CID and ENTRYNAV), but NBT HU has pink connector. Can I shave down the notches on the purple connector so it will fit into pink one, or cables are differently crossed and I need a new one (purple-pink 9 339 598).
2) Same with USB, right now I have a white one, but on NBT there are only green, yellow and beige. Do I need to change the cable or only adapt the connector?
3)Do you know maybe if NBT with HW 31 and HB B068 has 4GB RAM so I can upgrade it from ID4 to ID5?
Thanks for all responses.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search