Build length for 2020 - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 06-10-2019, 10:39 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
Genod, it's only past 10 p.m. here and I'm "curious George", so was able to find which ships are scheduled from Bremerhaven to New York, go to this link and scroll down to Online Tools, then click on Schedules and type in the departing and arriving harbors and dates.
https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?url...ppSchedules%2F
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.32.58 PM.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	854569  
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2019, 10:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
Hopefully both of your cars have the new airbag so it doesn’t get held at the VPC. The wait is excruciating enough without having to wait further that your car is so close and yet so far from being delivered!
I knew about the recall and was/am hoping that I don't actually need it. Yes, the wait is working on me and it's still early.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:31 AM

Mein Auto: 2020 series 2 230i
FINALLY my car was released by the factory! Hoping for a train ride and it arrives at the port soon. I think Germany is 6 hours ahead of the East coast. Don't know how long the workday is there but in reading about all the people involved it moving cars onto trains, off trains, onto ships can't imagine the logistics situations that are involved. It is a wonder that there are not more delays than there are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genod View Post
FINALLY my car was released by the factory! Hoping for a train ride and it arrives at the port soon.
WooHoo.

Mine is still hanging at dot number three (150) with two days to go. Did you move multiple stages all at once during production? Either the tracking is behind or they aren't going to have it done on Thursday.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 AM

Yes seemed to go several "dots" at a time. Just was at "waiting for a carrier assignment" forever. My build is ahead of what I was told (June 20) so for that I am happy. looked at the marine site and one ship has left but two are still there waiting for my vehicle. LOL
Old 06-11-2019, 09:21 AM

Mein Auto: V6 Accord Cpe & Stang GT
I followed my 230i coupe order last Jan/Feb port to port..

was fun following the barge & good lesson on Euro auto shipment to eventual Port Newark in NJ; many pit-stops in Eastern Europe & then in North America
Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto:
Since today is the date it was scheduled for completion, I was getting a little skeptical since I had been stuck at 150 for over a week. But I advanced "four dots" this morning and feeling a lot better about it. Maybe still a chance for Bremerhaven tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:53 AM

My 230i has been at the port since yesterday. I've seen the port and all the vehicles there from the marine site via satellite view and again the logistics are mind blowing. Not sure if other manufacturers stage there but with all the vehicle carriers ships now in the port area I can't imagine that BMW is the only one sailing out of Bremerhaven. Hoping that AndDown is right that only a 1-2 day wait to board the ship and set sail at least if customer ordered vehicles are given priority.
indufan not sure if the factory works on the weekends.

Last edited by Genod; 06-13-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
My 230i has been at the port since yesterday. I've seen the port and all the vehicles there from the marine site via satellite view and again the logistics are mind blowing. Not sure if other manufacturers stage there but with all the vehicle carriers ships now in the port area I can't imagine that BMW is the only one sailing out of Bremerhaven. Hoping that AndDown is right that only a 1-2 day wait to board the ship and set sail at least if customer ordered vehicles are given priority.
indufan not sure if the factory works on the weekends.
I don't know if they work on weekends either. Since I moved so many spots at once, obviously that part of the tracker isn't exactly real time. Maybe I am through QC and "Final assembly." Maybe I can still sneak a spot on your boat? And yes, I think others sail out of Bremerhaven.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:40 AM
just copacetic!!!

Speaking from past experience with my 328i, 428i, and 230i, there are several variables that will affect shipping times which is why the typical window from order to delivery can often run 8-10 weeks. My 230i was waiting a few days waiting for a full train load before heading to Bremerhaven - it all depends if you were at the start or end of a trainload. Same at “Bimmerhaven” waiting for a ship. My 230i was there about 10 days as there aren’t as many carriers to the west coast. The interesting thing with the Port Hueneme CA carrier is following its progress through the Panama Canal.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 06-13-2019, 10:43 AM
just copacetic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
I don't know if they work on weekends either. Since I moved so many spots at once, obviously that part of the tracker isn't exactly real time. Maybe I am through QC and "Final assembly." Maybe I can still sneak a spot on your boat? And yes, I think others sail out of Bremerhaven.
I don’t believe they work on weekends, might be wrong. Same at the VPC, only time they work weekends is when they have a backlog to work through.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 AM

One would always like to think our vehicle is the only one and should ship straight out, right to the East Coast or West Coast but as Yanks1 points out there will be many "pit stops" along the way. I am still thinking around the middle of July for delivery to my dealer esp with 4th of July holiday. Of all the pictures of vehicles I have seen on several sites I have yet to see another seaside blue. Mostly dark or the estoril blue colors or white too. I wonder if there is a way to find out how many of each color for a particular year were built?
Old 06-13-2019, 04:49 PM
just copacetic!!!

Quote:
One would always like to think our vehicle is the only one and should ship straight out, right to the East Coast or West Coast but as Yanks1 points out there will be many "pit stops" along the way. I am still thinking around the middle of July for delivery to my dealer esp with 4th of July holiday. Of all the pictures of vehicles I have seen on several sites I have yet to see another seaside blue. Mostly dark or the estoril blue colors or white too. I wonder if there is a way to find out how many of each color for a particular year were built?
Yours will most likely be on the carrier Undine leaving Bremerhaven on June 14 and arriving at NY on June 30. It’ll probably take 3-5 days to go through Customs + VPC before being released to a transport. So, you hopefully should be picking up your new baby the week of July 7-13 if there are no hang ups in between.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 06-13-2019, 04:55 PM

Mein Auto:
I am "ready for transport" to Bremerhaven.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:02 PM

AndDown I am thinking along those lines as well. Indufan yours is moving right along. just was looking at some of the route of Undine and it goes to Gothenburg Sweden first Thelmis Leader goes to Britain so more or less toward the West. I will know more in a couple of days I guess.

Last edited by Genod; 06-13-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
AndDown I am thinking along those lines as well. Indufan yours is moving right along. just was looking at some of the route of Undine and it goes to Gothenburg Sweden first Thelmis Leader goes to Britain so more or less toward the West. I will know more in a couple of days I guess.
Thanks for sharing this "ride" with me. Even if I catch up with you in Bremerhaven, I think your port of New York vs. mine at Baltimore will "win."
Old 06-13-2019, 10:22 PM
just copacetic!!!

This is like deja vu for me reading what you guys are experiencing! Following the build of the car, tracking the progress as it makes its way to the carrier and where the carrier is each day - the anticipation is all part of the BMW experience!
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 PM
just copacetic!!!

Indufan , I was just looking at the carrier schedules to Baltimore and there are carriers leaving frequently, almost every 2 to 5 days, so you just might be lucky and get yours sooner!
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 06-13-2019, 11:47 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
Indufan , I was just looking at the carrier schedules to Baltimore and there are carriers leaving frequently, almost every 2 to 5 days, so you just might be lucky and get yours sooner!
Thank you. I will take it.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:00 AM

Mein Auto:
"Dispatched from factory."
Old 06-17-2019, 10:57 AM

Good News for you indufan. Unfortunately my vehicle is still in port or at least that is what the tracking site is showing. The Genius number can't seem to get any further either.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Good News for you indufan. Unfortunately my vehicle is still in port or at least that is what the tracking site is showing. The Genius number can't seem to get any further either.
I bet it is already gone and left on Friday. The tracking is cool but I am not confident in its real-time updates.

The website shows mine dispatched from the factory but the automated phone system is still stuck on the status before that.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:09 PM

I'm still tracking Undine that AndDown suggested at least until I am told differently by the "better late than never" tracking system. So far it has gone up North to Gothenberg and now to Be Zeebrugee. I am beginning to think that the Germans or whom so ever is captaining the ships can find NY on a map!
Old 06-17-2019, 04:51 PM
just copacetic!!!

Quote:
I'm still tracking Undine that AndDown suggested at least until I am told differently by the "better late than never" tracking system. So far it has gone up North to Gothenberg and now to Be Zeebrugee. I am beginning to think that the Germans or whom so ever is captaining the ships can find NY on a map!
You should by now be able to enter your vin number into WW's web site to see if it's on the carrier. It usually takes a couple of days before it shows up. My recollection was to enter the vin into the "lading number". Once the car has been loaded onto the carrier, Genius is not able to give more info until the car is at the VPC.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite

Last edited by AndDown; 06-17-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:55 PM
just copacetic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
I bet it is already gone and left on Friday. The tracking is cool but I am not confident in its real-time updates.

The website shows mine dispatched from the factory but the automated phone system is still stuck on the status before that.
You’ll get more up to date info if you call the genius number. That web site tracking is always behind - mine showed it was still at the port even after the car had arrived at the VPC!
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search