Build length for 2020 - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2020 series 2 230i
My CA just called and said that my vehicle is not on Tombarra as previously stated but is on the Marguerite Ace and will be in NY/NJ July 14. It is a MOL vessel. Great news as it is due a week earlier than the Tombarra but I am now wondering the accuracy of this. Anyway it is non stop to NY/NJ. I think it is the same date as indufan's due in Baltimore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genod View Post
My CA just called and said that my vehicle is not on Tombarra as previously stated but is on the Marguerite Ace and will be in NY/NJ July 14. It is a MOL vessel. Great news as it is due a week earlier than the Tombarra but I am now wondering the accuracy of this. Anyway it is non stop to NY/NJ. I think it is the same date as indufan's due in Baltimore.
Great. But I also wonder about the accuracy of all of it. I wish my CA had a clue. The original arrival date of the Glovis Cougar was indeed July 14 but it is ahead of schedule and due in the morning of the 13th...being Saturday, that may not help at all.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:05 PM

I am thinking that no matter when the ship arrives they have to at least unload the vehicles destined to go to that port. Whether it is on a week day or a weekend as the ship has to sail to the next port shortly after it arrives at each port. So if it is unloaded on a weekend it probably won't go through customs until Monday and then to the VDC to be gone over and then on a carrier. Andown schooled us on the abbreviations so now I can use them! I am thinking that from NY/NJ my vehicle will be loaded on an over the road truck. From Baltimore to Indiana a vehicle may be loaded onto a train (oh no ) !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I am thinking that no matter when the ship arrives they have to at least unload the vehicles destined to go to that port. Whether it is on a week day or a weekend as the ship has to sail to the next port shortly after it arrives at each port. So if it is unloaded on a weekend it probably won't go through customs until Monday and then to the VDC to be gone over and then on a carrier. Andown schooled us on the abbreviations so now I can use them! I am thinking that from NY/NJ my vehicle will be loaded on an over the road truck. From Baltimore to Indiana a vehicle may be loaded onto a train (oh no ) !
I agree, it will be at least offloaded. I have never seen a vehicle on a train here. and I just happen to live very close to the CSX route that is formerly the B&O route. All delivered by truck to my knowledge.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:16 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: '16 428i GC
...and the anticipation builds! We need to start taking bets on when each car will be ready for pick up at the dealers and who gets theirs first, lol. I say that Genod will get his on Saturday, July 20 and indufan picks his up on Sunday, July 21
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
...and the anticipation builds! We need to start taking bets on when each car will be ready for pick up at the dealers and who gets theirs first, lol. I say that Genod will get his on Saturday, July 20 and indufan picks his up on Sunday, July 21
Car sales are illegal on Sunday in Indiana.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:25 PM
just copacetic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
Car sales are illegal on Sunday in Indiana.
Haha, just lost the bet :
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 PM

As close as our delivery ships must be to the coast they still don't show up on the marine website. Only just south of Ireland! At least the Cougar should be showing up as it will be docking tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
As close as our delivery ships must be to the coast they still don't show up on the marine website. Only just south of Ireland! At least the Cougar should be showing up as it will be docking tomorrow.
Mine shows scheduled in at 0500 EDT tomorrow and you would think it would be heading up the bay by now. Of course, I guess it doesn't matter as long as it is ready for customs Monday morning.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:39 PM

I see mine off the coast but I don't see yours anywhere in the port of Baltimore or the bay? it was the Glovis Cougar right?
Old 07-13-2019, 07:07 PM

Mein Auto:
Yes, Glovis Cougar. It seems to be back on the original schedule of tomorrow. Glad you are "within sight."
Old 07-14-2019, 04:13 AM

The Cougar is in sight now too!
Old 07-14-2019, 05:47 AM

Mein Auto: Z4 S30i AW/Ivory M 6MT
I'm waiting for an M2 Competition on the Cougar and I can't see how it will make Baltimore on the 14th (today) unless they pick up some speed in the Bay. I am thinking early 15th arrival is more likely. None of the ship tracking websites agree on an ETA.

Not sure why, but the Cougar sat off the US coast for almost two days. Maybe they made it across the Atlantic earlier than planned and needed to kill time. It's a pity as they could have made it to Baltimore 7/13 if they wanted to.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:13 AM
just copacetic!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post
I'm waiting for an M2 Competition on the Cougar and I can't see how it will make Baltimore on the 14th (today) unless they pick up some speed in the Bay. I am thinking early 15th arrival is more likely. None of the ship tracking websites agree on an ETA.

Not sure why, but the Cougar sat off the US coast for almost two days. Maybe they made it across the Atlantic earlier than planned and needed to kill time. It's a pity as they could have made it to Baltimore 7/13 if they wanted to.
It has to do with scheduling and dock availability. Also, there are drivers to unload the carriers and they were most likely on another job. I've seen my carrier sit at the entrance to the Panama Canal for a couple of days before it started moving through the canal.

Best wishes guys, the journey is almost done! Definitely need to see some pictures of your cars.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 07-14-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDown View Post
It has to do with scheduling and dock availability. Also, there are drivers to unload the carriers and they were most likely on another job.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I know they are usually in and out of Baltimore pretty quick, so they probably get real specific with pier availability.

The last BMW I ordered got to Baltimore on a Friday and the ship sat in the mooring all weekend. They didn't unload until Monday. That was a WW ship, so tracking was good. I haven't found any way to track cars on the Cougar, which is a Hyundai/Glovis ship. They don't seem to have a public tracking site or even public shipping schedules.

Last edited by skier219; 07-14-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:16 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I agree that bay seems awfully long to make it by this evening.

Tell us about your M2C. Color combos.....when did you order it?
Old 07-14-2019, 10:02 AM
just copacetic!!!

An interesting thing Iíve done once the marine tracking shows where the RoRo carrier is berthed, Iíve used Goggle Earth and zoomed in to the specific pier site. It gives a good visualization of the pier and its surrounding area.
'19 230i MSpt AlpWhite
Old 07-14-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I agree that bay seems awfully long to make it by this evening.

Tell us about your M2C. Color combos.....when did you order it?
Alpine white with blue stitching on the seats, Exec package, standard (shiny, not dark) wheels, manual trans. I think I ordered around May 25 or so -- dealer reconfigured an existing allocation for me a couple weeks before it went into production. End of production was 6/17, then it got to the port on 6/20 and sat for almost two weeks before getting on the Cougar. That is the longest any of my BMW orders sat at port -- usually they got on ships within days.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Alpine white with blue stitching on the seats, Exec package, standard (shiny, not dark) wheels, manual trans. I think I ordered around May 25 or so -- dealer reconfigured an existing allocation for me a couple weeks before it went into production. End of production was 6/17, then it got to the port on 6/20 and sat for almost two weeks before getting on the Cougar. That is the longest any of my BMW orders sat at port -- usually they got on ships within days.
Great, thanks. I ordered a few days after and completed production a few days before and sat in the port with all three discussed in this thread. A little irregular tracking but it looks like we are in the bay now.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:15 PM

Skier219 My guess water skiing in VA? it's interesting that you are on this ride with us. It was forever to get my car on a ship but now it is teasing me with how slow it can get to port. So close but it blew past the docking time and the marine tracker is like 2-3 hours behind. so much for satellite tracking accuracy.I am beginning to think that the car will be at the dealership before I get word that the ship is finally moored!
Old 07-14-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Skier219 My guess water skiing in VA? it's interesting that you are on this ride with us. It was forever to get my car on a ship but now it is teasing me with how slow it can get to port. So close but it blew past the docking time and the marine tracker is like 2-3 hours behind. so much for satellite tracking accuracy.I am beginning to think that the car will be at the dealership before I get word that the ship is finally moored!
I used to water ski a lot, but am too creaky now -- did it a couple years ago for the first time in 10 years and felt like my arms were coming off! I just stick to snow skiing now.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:33 PM

It's interesting how the three tracking sites I'm watching all have different data -- one is 3 hours behind, one is current, one shows ship out of range. And that flips often. There is only one true data source (AIS) so I suspect the differences are in each site's software and maybe how they handle glitches.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:03 PM

Mein Auto:
Is this 2 series an old guys car?
Old 07-14-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Is this 2 series an old guys car?
Perfect for a mid-life crisis. So were the other 4-5 sports cars in my life when I had my previous mid life crises starting every 5 years after the age of 30..... it's an ongoing affliction.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Perfect for a mid-life crisis. So were the other 4-5 sports cars in my life when I had my previous mid life crises starting every 5 years after the age of 30..... it's an ongoing affliction.
Ha. I had a Facebook post about this car and someone said something about a midlife crisis. I told her that hasn't seen the car I drive now? It's an Audi TT Roadster and I knew she knows what I drive. I said I have been driving a mid-life crisis car for all of my mid-life.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series & 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
Today's Posts Search