E53 2001 x5 hard steering wheel - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 08-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Mein Auto:
E53 2001 x5 hard steering wheel

HAS ANYONE HAD A SYMPTOM OF A HARD STEERING WHEEL?
I just swapped the motor 3.0L The head gasket was blown when purchased so I never drove the car until now. Btw I am a mechanic so I am highly experienced. I couldn't figure out after swapping the motor if I should use ATF Fluid (located on the cap) or that CHF stuff that recommended for BMW. (There was red fluid when removing the lines) But having those two options alone blew my mind. So I went with atf import fluid. It has no wining noises no pump noises. Btw when I was swapping the motor I was banging the front differential against the steering text trying to get the old out and new in. (Just because I said that I don't want to convince anyone that that is my problem). But just letting you know everything that I have done and am considering. I don't mean Banging hard but just pressure against it... The steering is pretty hard to turn with one hand. With two hands it's not too tight. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong. Could it be the fluid? Could it be because I was banging agains the steering shaft...??

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search