All BMWs Beginner's Guide to BMW ISTA+ - Page 5 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 E84 x28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurieg View Post
Just to let you all know, the issue was related to the ENET cable itself. Design of the internal side of the OBD II connector allowed for cat5 wires to be pulled directly from the PCB they were connected to. I had to resolder all wires and tie a knot inside the connector to prevent this from happening again. See link for images as well as a great PDF tutorial I followed to repair the cable.
One great way to tell if the cable is functional from the beginning is to plug it into the car and your computer. Without launching any programs (e.g. ista) open your network adapters page and see if your PC recognizes that a cable is plugged in (instead of showing network cable is disconnected it will say "unidentified network"). If there's absolutely nothing, then there's a chance that your cable is faulty just like mine was, however it's very easy to fix it.
P.s. photos of my cable show different wire colors than what tutorial explains, that is because it was wired to the rj45 different. If you have any questions let me know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Bimmerfest mobile app
Good to know, thanks for the update.
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2017, 11:02 AM

Mein Auto: BMW F15
Hi all, what packenges do i need to install Full ISTA/D and ISTA/P with ISTA Launcher Console or ISTA Launcher
I Can Download all files directly from a Server at my factory. I think it is simplyier than Mega
Thanks
Tomtom
Old 04-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: Test Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom1701 View Post
Hi all, what packenges do i need to install Full ISTA/D and ISTA/P with ISTA Launcher Console or ISTA Launcher
I Can Download all files directly from a Server at my factory. I think it is simplyier than Mega
Thanks
Tomtom
With ISTA+: You need ISTA Launcher, Admin License, BMW_ISPI_ISTA-APP *.msi, *.xml's, & *.istapackage.

With ISTA-P does not use ISTA Launcher. You can install with major version plus updates of *.istap & *.exe. Then, you need Admin License or ISTA-P loader to run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
With ISTA+: You need ISTA Launcher, Admin License, BMW_ISPI_ISTA-APP *.msi, *.xml's, & *.istapackage.

With ISTA-P does not use ISTA Launcher. You can install with major version plus updates of *.istap & *.exe. Then, you need Admin License or ISTA-P loader to run.
+1

You can use standalones for both (various sources), why do you want to use ISTA Launcher?

While the process is fairly simple, it takes a lot of time and if the files are corrupt, you will have to find the right ones and go about it again. File list required for ISTA+ with programming from scratch (up to 4.04.xx) and ISTA-P:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISTA+(v4.04.XX) and ISTA-P File List.pdf (54.1 KB, 904 views)

Last edited by Reclaimer; 04-11-2017 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated file list
Old 04-11-2017, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW F15
Thanks Reclaimer,Almaretto
I work as an BMW Diagnostic Techniker
and for my privat Laptop i will always have the latest Version of ISTA /d and ISTA /p
And i Can Download all files from a Server in my factory but ISTA dont work without a license. My hope was there is an other way
to use this files
Tomtom
Old 04-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom1701 View Post
Thanks Reclaimer,Almaretto
I work as an BMW Diagnostic Techniker
and for my privat Laptop i will always have the latest Version of ISTA /d and ISTA /p
And i Can Download all files from a Server in my factory but ISTA dont work without a license. My hope was there is an other way
to use this files
Tomtom
PM sent
Old 04-13-2017, 04:20 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw 328i 2008
Hi guys can u send me in pm the link please

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 04-13-2017, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 F32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_BMW View Post

Check your inbox
Old 04-13-2017, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_BMW View Post

You can always get:
Old 04-13-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Check your inbox
Are you sharing the links I sent you?
Old 04-13-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
Are you sharing the links I sent you?
No

Old 04-13-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
No

Mind sending me a link then? I'd like to check the packaging?

Sent from Bimmerfest App
Old 04-13-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Mind sending me a link then? I'd like to check the packaging?

Sent from Bimmerfest App
Of course

Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 AM

Mein Auto: E92 320d
Thanks for the quick start guide - very helpful. I'd like to install a copy of ISTA/D so I can reset the DPF service interval - checked the ash/soot mass and back pressure using Carly and all looks well.

Could you point me in the right direction to download the software?

Thanks,
Tom
Old 04-17-2017, 07:27 AM

Mein Auto: 11/2011 530xd
For some reason I cannot get link to car to work. I think it can read my VIN because I see it in ENET cable selection but after I try to identify car i get "The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated".

I have checked my ENET cable with multimeter and its ok. Resistor is 500ohms not 510ohms but i think it should work? I had vmware installed but uninstalled it. ISTA is running directly in win7 pro no vm included. My win7 pro is finnish variant so not sure if that affects anything...

In rheingold logs I can see sqlite error 26 File is encrypted or is not a database. Can someone check from c:\rheingold\logs folder if this sqlite error is normal or not?

I know I'm missing something but i cannot figure out what...

edit: I noticed there was also another error: "Your Language ENGB is not supported by the available database! Available languages are ."

Last edited by ktjs; 04-17-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktjs View Post
For some reason I cannot get link to car to work. I think it can read my VIN because I see it in ENET cable selection but after I try to identify car i get "The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated".

I have checked my ENET cable with multimeter and its ok. Resistor is 500ohms not 510ohms but i think it should work? I had vmware installed but uninstalled it. ISTA is running directly in win7 pro no vm included. My win7 pro is finnish variant so not sure if that affects anything...

In rheingold logs I can see sqlite error 26 File is encrypted or is not a database. Can someone check from c:\rheingold\logs folder if this sqlite error is normal or not?

I know I'm missing something but i cannot figure out what...

edit: I noticed there was also another error: "Your Language ENGB is not supported by the available database! Available languages are ."
Have you manually set the IP address on your Ethernet adapter?

Old 04-17-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Have you manually set the IP address on your Ethernet adapter?

yes 169.254.1.1 and subnet mas 255.255.0.0.

I have created ediabas.ini file for enet cable with ediabas konfigurator 2.0.

Now with new installation i seems to get error "162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION" with any connection option from VCI CONFIG.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
yes 169.254.1.1 and subnet mas 255.255.0.0.

I have created ediabas.ini file for enet cable with ediabas konfigurator 2.0.

Now with new installation i seems to get error "162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION" with any connection option from VCI CONFIG.
Hmm very strange, I'm running VMware (win 7x64) and using ista-d with no issues with the ENET cable. I didn't have to create any .ini files for anything to work, I did have a faulty cable in the beginning which I fixed. But then again, I've gotten other versions of ista and they didn't work at all until I found the one that works without a problem.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Hmm very strange, I'm running VMware (win 7x64) and using ista-d with no issues with the ENET cable. I didn't have to create any .ini files for anything to work, I did have a faulty cable in the beginning which I fixed. But then again, I've gotten other versions of ista and they didn't work at all until I found the one that works without a problem.

So you did not change ediabas.ini at all? I think changing ediabas.ini did not change my errors at all so maybe its not used in case of enet cable.

Im using ista D 4.04.12 and installed it according to instructions. I had inpa installed in this laptop before but i removed it and installed Mikes Easy BMW tools instaed with 7.3.0 ediabas.

I can see that when I have ODB cable connected to car, it shows no network. After I start car, it shows cable connected but no internet.

I think ill start asking if i can loan another cable from someone before ordering new cable...
Old 04-17-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
So you did not change ediabas.ini at all? I think changing ediabas.ini did not change my errors at all so maybe its not used in case of enet cable.

Im using ista D 4.04.12 and installed it according to instructions. I had inpa installed in this laptop before but i removed it and installed Mikes Easy BMW tools instaed with 7.3.0 ediabas.

I can see that when I have ODB cable connected to car, it shows no network. After I start car, it shows cable connected but no internet.

I think ill start asking if i can loan another cable from someone before ordering new cable...
When you connect ENET to your car your PC should recognize it as "unidentified network". On my car it works with ignition off but yours maybe different. Check your ista settings for ENET settings as well. Btw which car are you connecting it to?

Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
When you connect ENET to your car your PC should recognize it as "unidentified network". On my car it works with ignition off but yours maybe different. Check your ista settings for ENET settings as well. Btw which car are you connecting it to?

Yes it recognize it but not for long. After a while, it dropped back to disconnected. After i start my car, it stays as unidentified network.

What ista settings you refer? I have tried "ENET local area and network" and "ENET direct connection" and even ediabas.ini options. Is there some other settings i should be aware of?

When selecting ENET cable from connection manager, i see it shows VIN of my car correctly and it show ip 169.254.17.28. I also tried to remove network settings and let it get ip with dhcp and it got 169.254.173.30

I'm connecting to 11/2011 530xd.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yes it recognize it but not for long. After a while, it dropped back to disconnected. After i start my car, it stays as unidentified network.

What ista settings you refer? I have tried "ENET local area and network" and "ENET direct connection" and even ediabas.ini options. Is there some other settings i should be aware of?

When selecting ENET cable from connection manager, i see it shows VIN of my car correctly and it show ip 169.254.17.28. I also tried to remove network settings and let it get ip with dhcp and it got 169.254.173.30

I'm connecting to 11/2011 530xd.
ENET configuration is included in the Beginner's Guide. Did you follow all the steps?

As for the language notification, it could be that you didn't unpack the Rheingold file properly or if its still blocked. Post a screenshot of the error.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
ENET configuration is included in the Beginner's Guide. Did you follow all the steps?

As for the language notification, it could be that you didn't unpack the Rheingold file properly or if its still blocked. Post a screenshot of the error.

Yes i followed "USING BMW RHEINGOLD ISTA WITH ENET CABLE" from beginner guide. I did not found virutal network manager so i uninstalled vmware

The language error is seen in log file, not in GUI. I checked the SHA1 of rheingold.7z and it matched so it should be downloaded preperly. I did not have unblock option even i have downloaded it twice (although first time i downloaded it with ubuntu).

here is the error message i get http://pasteboard.co/5sYWq2geB.png
this is vci config http://pasteboard.co/5sZBrKVuh.png
and here is the connection manager http://pasteboard.co/5t1FOVYUg.png

This is error grepped from log file
SQLite error (26): file is encrypted or is not a database
2017-04-17 17:51:17 ERROR [T] ISTA: [1] App.App() - Your language ENGB is not supported by the available database! Available languages are .
2017-04-17 17:51:19 ERROR [T] ISTA: [1] ServiceLocator.GetService() - No service registered for type "BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.Contracts.AIR.IAirServ ice". Using default instead.
2017-04-17 17:53:07 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: G_ZGW, job: STATUS_VIN_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:08 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: ZGW_01, job: STATUS_VIN_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:09 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: G_CAS, job: STATUS_FAHRGESTELLNUMMER, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:10 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: D_CAS, job: STATUS_FAHRGESTELLNUMMER, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:11 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: G_ZGW, job: STATUS_VIN_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:12 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: ZGW_01, job: STATUS_VIN_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:13 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: ZCS_ALL, job: FGNR_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:14 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: D_0080, job: AIF_FG_NR_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:15 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: D_0010, job: AIF_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:16 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: D_LM, job: READ_FVIN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:17 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: G_CAS, job: STATUS_FAHRGESTELLNUMMER, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:18 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: frm_87, job: READ_FVIN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:19 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: EWS3, job: FGNR_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:20 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: D_ZGM, job: C_FG_LESEN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:21 INFO [T] ISTA: [19] ECUKom.apiJob() - (ecu: G_FRM, job: STATUS_VCM_VIN, param: , resultFilter ) - failed with apiError: 162:NET-0012: NO CONNECTION
2017-04-17 17:53:21 ERROR [T] ISTA: [1] ExceptionHandler.Handle() - failed with exception: BMW.Rheingold.CoreFramework.AppException: Error --- The vehicle could not be identified. Please check the access to the vehicle and check whether the testing-analysis-diagnosis has been activated.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:31 PM

With the help from Reclaimer I can now read fault codes and ISTA D is working.

The problem was that stopping avast anti virus sw was not enough but needed to be completely uninstalled. Also ediabas.ini was modified to have "Interface=ENET" in c:\rheingold\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini and in c:\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini.

Thanks again Reclaimer
Old 04-17-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
With the help from Reclaimer I can now read fault codes and ISTA D is working.

The problem was that stopping avast anti virus sw was not enough but needed to be completely uninstalled. Also ediabas.ini was modified to have "Interface=ENET" in c:\rheingold\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini and in c:\ediabas\bin\ediabas.ini.

Thanks again Reclaimer
Glad it worked out

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
diagnostics, ista+, procedure, programming, repair, rheingold

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search