No confirmed production date yet - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > G30 (2017 - Current)

G30 (2017 - Current)
The next generation 5 Series, chassis code G30, arrives at dealers in February 2017. Looking like a scaled down 7 Series and riding on the CLAR platform, the new 5 Series will have a focus on lightweight and sporty performance. Engines options will come from BMW's new B family for the 530 and 540 and a turbocharged V8 for the M550i. Read more about the 2017 5 Series

Old 09-22-2017, 11:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2018 530i xDrive
No confirmed production date yet

I ordered this car on September 8.
2018 530i xDrive Sedan
A90 Dark Graphite Metallic
LZFK Black Nappa Leather w/contrast stitching/piping
4LF Fineline Ridge Wood Trim
ZDA Driving Assistance Package
ZDB Driving Assistance Plus Package
ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
ZLS Luxury Seating Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZPX Executive Package
248 Heated Steering Wheel
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system
According to 800-831-1117 there is no confirmed production date yet. I was finally able to add it to my BMWUSA account, but every time I "Track my BMW" I get this message:
Sorry!
There was an application error.
Please try again later.
Does anybody know if this is normal? How long has it been taking for cars to get a production date lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: m4 conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudi View Post
2018 530i xDrive Sedan
ZPP Premium Package
ZPX Executive Package
According to 800-831-1117 there is no confirmed production date yet. I was finally able to add it to my BMWUSA account, but every time I "Track my BMW" I get this message:
Sorry!
Please try again later.
Does anybody know if this is normal? How long has it been taking for cars to get a production date lately?
nice options, why no 540?
Old 09-22-2017, 11:41 AM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
2018 530i xDrive Sedan
ZPP Premium Package
ZPX Executive Package
Sorry!
Please try again later.
Thats a question for your dealer. The production date depends on their allocation. Call your salesperson and ask for the production number. If they cant produce the production number, that means you dont actually have a car on order with BMW as of yet (they might be trying to find you an allocation etc).

For an ORDERED car, the MOST IMPORTANT thing is " when is your allocation for this car? / When is the production week for this allocation? Can you give me a production number TODAY if I order from you? If not EXACTLY what day will I receive this from you?"

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance |blue /blk|Perf. pack|FSD

BMW CCA #477341
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM

According to the dealer, the production status is 112, which I understand to mean that the order has been placed and accepted, but that production hasn't actually started yet. Also, I just called my salesman and he said they have plenty of allocation.

BTW, I got the BMWUSA site to work by using IE instead of Chrome. It shows me that the car is in "Order Documented" status.

So, I'm not sure what the holdup is.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
According to the dealer, the production status is 112, which I understand to mean that the order has been placed and accepted, but that production hasn't actually started yet. Also, I just called my salesman and he said they have plenty of allocation.

BTW, I got the BMWUSA site to work by using IE instead of Chrome. It shows me that the car is in "Order Documented" status.

So, I'm not sure what the holdup is.
So they gave you the production number, right? there should be a scheduled week of production. ask your salesman when your order is scheduled to go into production (what week). They should be able to tell you that. Dont depend on BMW online site which is usually VERY out of date as to production. Dont depend on the AUTOMATED phone information. ONLY depend on the information from your salesperson, OR from talking to a person at the BMW Genius hotline.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341

Last edited by jjrandorin; 09-22-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:12 PM

Yes, they gave me a production number, but my salesman does not know when it will go to status 150 (production).
Old 09-22-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smed melo View Post
nice options, why no 540?
I've got a 2008 BMW535xi that I've been driving for 10 years. It does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. A 530ix does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. I figure I'll barely notice the difference.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, they gave me a production number, but my salesman does not know when it will go to status 150 (production).
So, your salesman gave you an "I dont know" when you asked when the production week was, and you just said " Oh, Ok?"

Maybe that works for you, but not for me. I would have said "Ok, WHEN will you know? At this point if I dont know what week it is going to be made, it feels like I dont have a car on order at all. I need this information, when will you be able to get it to me by?"

I think you are forgetting that YOU are the customer with something on order, and they are not "doing you a favor" but letting you order it. I would absolutely push for a "when will you know... will you be calling me this monday with the information?"

If the salesman says " I dont know" again, then ask to be transferred to someone who can get that information (like the sales manager). Dont let them push you around... unless you really dont care (but you DO care, or you would not be HERE posting about it).

My advice would be to GO to the dealership, ask to speak in person to your salesperson and tell them you need this information... today. If they dont know, ask them to "please go get the sales manager so I can get this information".

If they still cant give me the information I would honestly cancel my order, and go somewhere else... but when you go to do that, you will "magically" be given the information.

I tend to defend salespeople and dealerships here because MOST are trying to do a good job... but i have little tolerance or mercy for those who dont do their job, and "I dont know when your car is going to be made" is not doing his/ her job in my opinion.

/e rant off...

BMW CCA #477341
Old 09-22-2017, 01:10 PM

Mein Auto: Fast Cars
Quote:
2018 530i xDrive Sedan
ZPP Premium Package
ZPX Executive Package
Sorry!
Please try again later.
Interesting -- I placed an order the same day -- Sep 8th for a M550i. I get the same automated message when I call but know I'm Week 41 production. I started with a Week 40 date but slipped a week. Did you get your production week yet? My understanding is the production week is the week the production is completed and not started. I copied the code list below from another source in case you're interested. You are 112 so sounds like you might be Week 40.

0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
**** Up to this point you can still make changes to the car such as options, colors, etc. However, once the car goes to status 150, you cannot make any changes since the car is now in production!
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
If they still cant give me the information I would honestly cancel my order, and go somewhere else... but when you go to do that, you will "magically" be given the information.

I tend to defend salespeople and dealerships here because MOST are trying to do a good job... but i have little tolerance or mercy for those who dont do their job, and "I dont know when your car is going to be made" is not doing his/ her job in my opinion.
I just called the BMW Genius line and got the same answer -- that the order is waiting to go into production with no date yet, and that they were not able to see any other information about when it will.

So I'm not sure what would be accomplished by making demands and issuing ultimatums. I think they genuinely don't know and can't find out.

If you disagree, I'd be interested in hearing how you know you're right.

Last edited by baudi; 09-22-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkiller View Post
Interesting -- I placed an order the same day -- Sep 8th for a M550i. I get the same automated message when I call but know I'm Week 41 production. I started with a Week 40 date but slipped a week.
How did you find out the production week?
Old 09-22-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
How did you find out the production week?
BMW Genius: 1 (844) 443-6487

They are limited in the information they will share but do have some additional insights into the order and status of the vehicle. The key is getting a knowledgeable Genius on the phone. Call them with your Production Number in hand and they should be able to assist you.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I just called the BMW Genius line and got the same answer -- that the order is waiting to go into production with no date yet, and that they were not able to see any other information about when it will.

So I'm not sure what would be accomplished by making demands and issuing ultimatums. I think they genuinely don't know and can't find out.

If you disagree, I'd be interested in hearing how you know you're right.
Ahhh, just read this -- so you already have the phone number. I'm surprised they didn't give you a production week.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:29 PM

Mein Auto: '17 540xDrive; '98 Z3 2.8
Smile 530xDrive vs 540xDrive

Quote:
I've got a 2008 BMW535xi that I've been driving for 10 years. It does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. A 530ix does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. I figure I'll barely notice the difference.
I test drove the 530xDrive and 540xDrive - I had previously driven the earlier editions (circa 2013) of the 4cyl 5 series but the 4 cyl version of those cars was OK -- just not "BMW-LIKE". They didn't deliver power in a smooth manner; always felt like they were straining to move a large luxury sedan.

Enter the 2017/2018 530xDrives! The updated 4cyl drivetrain was remarkably smooth and had ample get-up-and-go. The 540xDrive was smooth and felt quite powerful. Based on my driving style and usual driving needs the 530xDrive would have been more than ample. But in the end the 540xDrive was a real hoot to drive. Really feels like there's more under the hood. And after about 6 months it's still a dream to drive and deliver plenty of smiles per mile and miles per gallon!

I'm sure your 530xDrive will do the same for you!
"Seek and ye shall find" - start with your owner's manual!

Click on the MrRebates logo/link for cash back savings at on-line stores like Tirerack!Mr. Rebates
Old 09-22-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkiller View Post
Ahhh, just read this -- so you already have the phone number. I'm surprised they didn't give you a production week.
It's probably because they're building your 550i! You stole my slot!
Old 09-22-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi524td View Post
Enter the 2017/2018 530xDrives! The updated 4cyl drivetrain was remarkably smooth and had ample get-up-and-go. The 540xDrive was smooth and felt quite powerful. Based on my driving style and usual driving needs the 530xDrive would have been more than ample. But in the end the 540xDrive was a real hoot to drive. Really feels like there's more under the hood. And after about 6 months it's still a dream to drive and deliver plenty of smiles per mile and miles per gallon!

I'm sure your 530xDrive will do the same for you!
Thanks! I'm 70 years old so my hot-rod days are behind me (way behind -- like in a previous incarnation). I think the 530xi will work just fine for me.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:59 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2018 540i
I ordered my '18 540i on 9/10, close to the OP's order. I am also in status 112. Typically, except for my previous '14 Individual, all my other orders went to 150 status pretty quickly. I called the 800 number and spoke to a rep a couple days ago. She told me it was scheduled for 10/1 production -- I'll check with my salesperson over the weekend as well.

BTW, you get a production number immediately upon order entry, or at least when it goes to status 112, order ready for production. So that previous rant from the other poster is just wrong. Don't worry, it should get to 150 status pretty soon, unless there is some hold. The rep checked for holds against my order and there were none.

I think there is a slight delay to 150 status due to the recent closing of the plant for August holiday, and a possible backlog of orders.

Current: 2018 540i MSport | Med Blue/Cognac| MSport Brakes | Multi-Contour | HK | ZLP
Prior: 2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather

Last edited by markl53; 09-22-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi524td View Post
Really feels like there's more under the hood.
Well yes, compared to the 530i, the 540i really does have more under the hood, it doesn't just feel that way. If they felt the same, there would only be one choice.

Current: 2018 540i MSport | Med Blue/Cognac| MSport Brakes | Multi-Contour | HK | ZLP
Prior: 2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Old 09-22-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
I ordered my '18 540i on 9/10, close to the OP's order. I am also in status 112. Typically, except for my previous '14 Individual, it went to 150 status pretty quickly. I called the 800 number and spoke to a rep a couple days ago. She told me it was scheduled for 10/1 production -- I'll check with my salesperson over the weekend as well.

BTW, you get a production number immediately upon order entry, or at least when it goes to status 112, order ready for production. So that previous rant from the other poster is just wrong. Don't worry, it should get to 150 status pretty soon, unless there is some hold. The rep checked for holds against my order and there were none.

I think there is a slight delay to 150 status due to the recent closing of the plant for August holiday, and a possible backlog of orders.
Thanks. That all makes sense.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:07 PM

Mein Auto: '18 530e
Quote:
I was finally able to add it to my BMWUSA account, but every time I "Track my BMW" I get this message:
Sorry!
Please try again later.
I think it's not that there is no production status. The problem is that BMW has been having problems getting that particular web page to function correctly. I found that nearly every time I tried to access that page to check on my order, I got the same response you did. My solution was to check the exact same page using my iPad. I don't know why, but I got the page to work as expected every time on the iPad.

Also, in regards to tracking your order, you'll find this thread very useful: https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=894728
Old 09-22-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53 View Post
I ordered my '18 540i on 9/10, close to the OP's order. I am also in status 112. Typically, except for my previous '14 Individual, all my other orders went to 150 status pretty quickly. I called the 800 number and spoke to a rep a couple days ago. She told me it was scheduled for 10/1 production -- I'll check with my salesperson over the weekend as well.

My rant was related to " I dont know when it is going to be made"... there has to be someone who knows when it is going to be made unless for some reason the allocation slot he was given was some sort of floating allocation.

If one has a production number it IS in the system, so that means, somewhere, there is information. I just dont know how someone can accept "I dont know" when ordering a 60-70k item as to when it is scheduled.

Schedules can change, sure, but all the rest of you with orders around OPs timeframe have production weeks, right? Why doesnt OP?

If OP was ok with " I dont know when it will be made", he / she would not have posted here asking about it... and I think its telling that all the rest of you who ordered from other dealerships around that time know what week your car will be made. knowing the production week does not mean it has to have gone to status 150... thats just the status when it starts. The "when its going to be made" is the production week, and it doesnt make sense to me that no one from OPs dealership has any clue when that will be...

But like I said, if OP is ok with that, thats obviously fine.

BMW CCA #477341

Last edited by jjrandorin; 09-22-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:24 PM

As for tracking on My BMW, it took me several days before it would accept my production number to add my vehicle. Yesterday it finally took it, and no, I had not made a mistake. Anyway, tracking status says "Order Documented", or whatever that 1st step is before production.

Last edited by markl53; 09-22-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Schedules can change, sure, but all the rest of you with orders around OPs timeframe have production weeks, right? Why doesnt OP?
The other two people who commented about order dates were ordering an M550 and a 540. I've ordered a 530ix. Maybe that's the difference. Or maybe my Buddhist BMW (make me one with everything) needs some hardware that's not immediately available. Who knows.

I'm not "happy" with not knowing the date, but I'm also not going to alienate my local dealer by insinuating that he's not operating in good faith and issuing an ultimatum. He gave me a good deal, and I've been happy with their service department for 10 years. I can wait.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
It's probably because they're building your 550i! You stole my slot!
Haha -- I wish my friend. If I had that power, I might use it on a car well into production.

This is the toughest part of doing a special order but I think the time will pass quickly.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 18 440i GC
Placed my 440i GC order 8/18 and took about two weeks to move to production. Completed 9/5 and got to port on 9/7 where it has sat since. Automated phone has been pretty accurate to this point and has correlated to dealer's and genius' info.

Honestly the waiting at port has been the most frustrating as two Galveston ships have sailed from Bremerhaven while the car sits.

Next one is on Tuesday. Hopefully, it makes it onto that one.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > G30 (2017 - Current)
Today's Posts Search