Hello ///M6 Fam - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)

F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
The third generation M6 based on the BMW F12/F13 6 Series and shares its 7-speed M-DCT gearbox, BMW S63 V8 engine and other technology with the F10 BMW M5. The F06 M6 Gran Coupe, based on the F06 6 series also shares the same engine, transmission and technology.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M6 GC
Hello ///M6 Fam

Hi Everyone,

Just want to say hello!! After much deep thinking and quiet contemplation (mainly convincing my wife) I pulled the trigger on a ///M6 yesterday. I've been eyeing it at the dealer for quiet a while and actually passed on a ///M5 to get it.

I've put about 100 miles on the car driving around town and I'm in heaven. A little disappointed that it's not a little bit more louder (inside the car and outside)

Stats:
- Citrin Black Metallic
- Platinum/Black Full Merino Leather
- Gray Poplar Wood trim
- Competition Package (but ordered w/ 20" 433 - style wheels)
- Executive Package
- M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
- Driver Assistance Plus
- Anthracite Alcantara Headliner

Questions for you veterans:
1. Has anyone tweaked anything to make the car a little more loud without it being obnoxious?
2. Does anyone know if I can play music from my iphone via Bluetooth?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2016, 06:58 PM

Mein Auto: M6 Gran Coupe
M6 Fan

Congrats on your M6. You made the right decision.
As for your questions:

1. either Dinan or the M aftermarket exhaust. I went with the M aftermarket. Great sounds but really pricey.

2. Yes. You could play anything from your phone through the bluetooth.

But why listen to music when you have all the sounds you could enjoy from the car itself.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW M6 Coupe
Congrats on the new M6 Omar. Hope you will post some pics of your new M here. I want to see what Citrin Black looks like on the M6.Only seen it on an Individual 7 series at the Dallas auto show last year, and it looked amazing.

You might want to check out the ExhaustMeister as another option to consider for improving the exhaust note. It is a plug-in electronic module that gives you direct control over the valves/flaps in the exhaust. Comes with a wireless remote, or you can program one of your HomeLink buttons on the rearview mirror to control the flaps.

I installed it on my M6 Coupe. I have the competition package exhaust like you, and it is noticeably louder with the valve open all time. Very happy with this solution at the moment. Brings out the low frequency rumble at idle.

Here is the web site.
http://www.exhaustmeister.com/

The M Performance Exhaust (made by Akrapovic for BMW) mentioned by M6GCNaples is the ultimate. Titanium full exhaust, considerably lighter than the factory exhaust. Saving up my pennies for that option down the road

--thanks, Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2016, 03:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 F82 M4
The simplest mod to get more sound is to unplug the flap controls after driving the car in Sport Plus (flaps open). Just have to wait for those pipes to cool down!
Old 02-24-2016, 02:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW Gran Coupe M6
M4Stig where are the flap controls located on the M6? Does unplugging the flap controls have any problems with the car computer or anything else ?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F82 M4
Hello ///M6 Fam

Shimmy on your back under the rear of the car at the exhaust pipes and you can see two electronic plugs with wires. I actually had a BMW dealer guy tell me about the mod and do it for me, but you have two options once you unplug. You can either overhand knot the wires, as he did, or other Festers have put a bit of tape over the plugs and popped them back in so they were secure but not completing the electric circuit (and thus not closing the exhaust flaps when not in Sport Plus)

It does not affect any other function in the car except the exhaust note.

Last edited by M4Stig; 02-24-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW Gran Coupe M6
Thank you M4Stig for your quick response.Will try it out this weekend.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6GCNaples View Post
Congrats on your M6. You made the right decision.
As for your questions:

2. Yes. You could play anything from your phone through the bluetooth.

But why listen to music when you have all the sounds you could enjoy from the car itself.
Thanks [email protected] Yes, figured it out once I calmed down. And you're right. Why would I want to be listening to music anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector29 View Post
Congrats on the new M6 Omar. Hope you will post some pics of your new M here. I want to see what Citrin Black looks like on the M6.

You might want to check out the ExhaustMeister as another option to consider for improving the exhaust note. It is a plug-in electronic module that gives you direct control over the valves/flaps in the exhaust. Comes with a wireless remote, or you can program one of your HomeLink buttons on the rearview mirror to control the flaps.

I installed it on my M6 Coupe. I have the competition package exhaust like you, and it is noticeably louder with the valve open all time. Very happy with this solution at the moment. Brings out the low frequency rumble at idle.

Here is the web site.
http://www.exhaustmeister.com/

The M Performance Exhaust (made by Akrapovic for BMW) mentioned by M6GCNaples is the ultimate. Titanium full exhaust, considerably lighter than the factory exhaust. Saving up my pennies for that option down the road

--thanks, Ed
Hi Ed. Thanks. I'll check out the video. I'll post some photos in a few minutes. I have a perfect one for you guys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Stig View Post
Shimmy on your back under the rear of the car at the exhaust pipes and you can see two electronic plugs with wires. I actually had a BMW dealer guy tell me about the mod and do it for me, but you have two options once you unplug. You can either overhand knot the wires, as he did, or other Festers have put a bit of tape over the plugs and popped them back in so they were secure but not completing the electric circuit (and thus not closing the exhaust flaps when not in Sport Plus)

It does not affect any other function in the car except the exhaust note.
Hey @M4Stig. Thanks for the instructions. I'll have to check this out.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:43 PM

Here are some photos for you guys. Enjoy!! Would love to see some of your cars as well so if you have any links to posted pictures please let me know. Otherwise please post them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector29 View Post
Congrats on the new M6 Omar. Hope you will post some pics of your new M here. I want to see what Citrin Black looks like on the M6.Only seen it on an Individual 7 series at the Dallas auto show last year, and it looked amazing.

--thanks, Ed
Ed, I think the last photos really shows that color off well.

My next order of business is getting the car detailed. I would love to do it myself but I just don't have the time anymore so I have to find someone who is just as persnickety about car detailing as I am. A lot of people out there doing it as a "job". I need to find someone who is doing it for passion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2165.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	552554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	552555   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2344.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	552556   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	552557  

Last edited by gotoschoolhere; 02-27-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:05 AM

Mein Auto: M6 Gran Coupe
Pics of M6 GC

Here are some pics of mine down here in Naples. You could see I added a few carbon pieces ala mirror caps, rear diffuser and trunk spoiler. Left them in exposed carbon as that looks well with the lighter color of the car. Also added the M exhaust with a DINAN Stage 2 retune. No tickets yet and haven't hit any alligators on 75.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0507.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	552836   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	552837   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0516.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	552838   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0523.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	552839  
Old 02-29-2016, 09:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 M6 GC
Whats up everyone. I too just got an M6 this weekend. 2015 Gran Coupe with the Comp package. Had 7,000 miles on it, so I'll consider it "new." I'm coming out of a 2007 M6 and it's like night and day. I'm on here plotting my upgrades!

gotoschoolhere, I noticed the South Bay plate. I'm in South Bay as well so hope to see you cruising around sometime.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW M6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoschoolhere View Post
Ed, I think the last photos really shows that color off well.
Omar, your car looks gorgeous! I really like the illusion of depth Citrin Black shows at certain angles. Like looking off into deep space from the edge of the galaxy.

That individual color is going to the top of my list for my next M car order.

--thanks, Ed
Old 03-01-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMADDY View Post
Whats up everyone. I too just got an M6 this weekend. 2015 Gran Coupe with the Comp package. Had 7,000 miles on it, so I'll consider it "new." I'm coming out of a 2007 M6 and it's like night and day. I'm on here plotting my upgrades!

gotoschoolhere, I noticed the South Bay plate. I'm in South Bay as well so hope to see you cruising around sometime.
Congrats on the new car. Yes, hope to run into you as well. I'm typically in the LA/OC area. Maybe we can connect sometime. Feel free to PM me.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6GCNaples View Post
Here are some pics of mine down here in Naples. You could see I added a few carbon pieces ala mirror caps, rear diffuser and trunk spoiler. Left them in exposed carbon as that looks well with the lighter color of the car. Also added the M exhaust with a DINAN Stage 2 retune. No tickets yet and haven't hit any alligators on 75.
Love your car's interior. Nice choice. I'll post some photos of the Platinum interior when I get a chance. Looks amazing but you have to definitely watch what you wear and be mindful of where you sit when you're outside of the car.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:32 PM

Just a quick note. I had a ding removed today (yes, someone christened the car for me already). But I'm just curious if any of you have removed dings and what your experience has been? Mind sharing what you've paid? Has it been removed 100%?

My ding was right on the door crease. I'm happy overall, just curious to know you experience?
Old 03-28-2016, 05:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 550i M-Sport
Back when I was in NY (I'm in Cali now) I had a small ding in my right rear door. The SA offered to help with it when doing the walk around on my first scheduled service. He had a paintless dent repair guy who did that for about 200. I was pretty shocked at the price, I'm sure I could have done it cheaper but the dealer was flawless. The dent was also caused by a garage so I wasn't paying.

I also have a paint/dent repair guy (mobile, based in OC) out here if you're looking for something. He does touch ups and bumper/paint stuff, but I'm sure could point you in the right direction if it's something he couldn't do himself. He's great and the price is super reasonable. PM me if you're curious (he's actually getting the scratches out of my girlfriend's Mazda tomorrow...)
Old 03-28-2016, 05:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 550i M-Sport
Also, my ding is completely gone.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:17 AM

Thanks everyone. The guy who came out to my office, came recommended. It took him a better part of an hour to remove the ding that was sitting right on top of a crease. He said the aluminum door made his job much tougher given that it was sitting on top of a crease. Again overall, I'm happy. I would say it's about 95% gone. I am super persnickety so take that with a grain of salt. Thanks for sharing @baspacked!!
Old 05-08-2016, 01:12 PM

Mein Auto: 17M6GC, 16535x 18GLS63
Hello all, have a new M6 GC on order can't wait for it to arrive. The tracker has been stuck at "Production Ends" for 10 days, I don't know if it'll ever ship. The dealer anticipates it'll arrive 1st week of June.
Ordered
Spacegrey
Black forged wheels
Comp package
Drivers Assistance package
Executive Package
Carbon ceramic breaks
Black kidney grills
Can hardly wait!!!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmetalprinter View Post
Hello all, have a new M6 GC on order can't wait for it to arrive. The tracker has been stuck at "Production Ends" for 10 days, I don't know if it'll ever ship. The dealer anticipates it'll arrive 1st week of June.
Ordered
Spacegrey
Black forged wheels
Comp package
Drivers Assistance package
Executive Package
Carbon ceramic breaks
Black kidney grills
Can hardly wait!!!
Did you ever pick this up? Photos?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 650xi
Nice bro you're going to love i just picked up mine last week and It's the best thing happened to me and I have to 2 kids lol

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1470409237.304328.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	572430
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1470408768.311348.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	572428  

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > F12 / F13 M6 & F06 M6 Gran Coupe (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search