Calculating BMW invoice pricing for MY 2017 models - Page 7 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M235 Vert/ Porsche 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Invoice calculation is as follows from what is posted here:

==================================

BMW Invoice Pricing calculation
Base vehicle US MSRP (from pricing sheets below) multiplied by 0.93
+ MACO fee $500.00 (flat rate applied to all dealers)
= Base vehicle US BMW invoice price

To figure the invoice price of your BMW as configured add -
+ Option and packages (anything you can add to the vehicle) multiplied by 0.92
+ Training fee of $180.00
+ Destination and handling charge - Currently $995
= Total vehicle invoice price +/- $10.00
Thanks, so invoice is about $69k. The deal I am currently at is $1720 over that, so I will see if I can get the deal at $70k. Fair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2019, 05:02 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2017 BMW 7 Series
This thread hasn't been updated in awhile. Would this calculation still apply for 2020 models coming out this year, in 2nd half of 2019?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Staring with model year (MY) 2017 BMW is changing how invoice pricing and dealer compensation works.

BMW US Invoice Pricing calculation
Base vehicle US MSRP (from pricing sheets) multiplied by 0.93
+ MACO fee $500.00 (flat rate applied to all dealers)
= Base vehicle US BMW invoice price

To figure the invoice price of your BMW as configured add -
+ Option and packages (anything you can add to the vehicle) multiplied by 0.92
+ Training fee of $180.00
+ Destination and handling charge - Currently $995
= Total vehicle invoice price +/- $10.00

Old 01-26-2020, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2020 M Sport 540i
As to the question on if this applies to 2020 vehicles... I was given a vehicle inquiry report with the wholesale and MSRP columns side by side. It is exactly correct, but there is rounding for each line up or down in the wholesale column to the nearest whole 5 dollar amount. Training fee of $180 in wholesale column only.

Under the columns there was a box that read: New Cars- PDI $82.60, AR $25, NDR $130, and Detail $150. This attained a subtotal of $387.60 which was added to the total wholesale to represent a total invoice cost.

Given some of the deals I read about in the lease cost threads, I'm surprised the profit margins are this thin. Hold back and incentives must be what keeps the sales staff paychecks afloat. And of course the service bay shows no mercy on their fees.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2020 M Sport 540i
As to the question on if this applies to 2020 vehicles... I was given a vehicle inquiry report with the wholesale and MSRP columns side by side. It is exactly correct, but there is rounding for each line up or down in the wholesale column to the nearest whole 5 dollar amount. Training fee of $180 in wholesale column only.

Under the columns there was a box that read: New Cars- PDI $82.60, AR $25, NDR $130, and Detail $150. This attained a subtotal of $387.60 which was added to the total wholesale to represent a total invoice cost.

Given some of the deals I read about in the lease cost threads, I'm surprised the profit margins are this thin. Hold back and incentives must be what keeps the sales staff paychecks afloat. And of course the service bay shows no mercy on their fees.

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
2017 bmw invoice pricing, 2017 bmw pricing, 2017 bmw wholesale pricing, bmw 2017 pricing, bmw invoice pricing, bmw news, bmw pricing

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search