alignment question - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-23-2008, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto:
alignment question

I have a 2008 335xi which i purchased new. Driving home from the dealer I noticed that it pulled to the right. Took it back and it was out of alignment. Now I have 4000 miles on the car, and it still feels like from time to time it pulls to the right. Took it back again and the dealer says the car is following road crown... However, I drive other cars and have driven other BMW's on the same roads. None of these cars are following road crown.

Any advice?

Also my other problems have been;

SRS would not transmit, dealer fixed it.

The passenger side mirror adjusts itself and sticks down - although the dealer says it doesnt.

My steering wheel cover is pealing at the top...

And after my last service appt. the yellow engine warning came on and the car limped home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 03:47 PM

Mein Auto:
wow. sounds like a lemon. contact the dealership's manager or contact BMWNA and chew someones ear out
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 PM

Mein Auto:
Dealership doesnt seem to care at all...they just keep saying 'bring it in'.

Last time I took it in I left with more problems than I had when I took it in... Thats when the check engine light came on, i noticed the steering wheel was damaged, they left a cap off the engine, and they had disconnected the battery and didnt reset the time and date...Also they claim they aligned the car but they didnt center the steering wheel. So when I would drive straight the steeting wheel was pointed at 1 o'clock !

BMW sent me an apologetic e-mail, that looks like a form letter they send to anyone that complains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Manual Transmissions Rule

Mein Auto: '08 E90 335i 6-speed
Your only short term recourse it to bring it back to the dealer. Or perhaps another dealer????
Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 PM
'Fest Advisor

Mein Auto: BMWs and other fine cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshipp View Post
I have a 2008 335xi which i purchased new. Driving home from the dealer I noticed that it pulled to the right. Took it back and it was out of alignment. Now I have 4000 miles on the car, and it still feels like from time to time it pulls to the right. Took it back again and the dealer says the car is following road crown... However, I drive other cars and have driven other BMW's on the same roads. None of these cars are following road crown.

Any advice?

Also my other problems have been;

SRS would not transmit, dealer fixed it.

The passenger side mirror adjusts itself and sticks down - although the dealer says it doesnt.

My steering wheel cover is pealing at the top...

And after my last service appt. the yellow engine warning came on and the car limped home.

Wow! I have the exact same problem with my 335! Steering pointing at 11 o'clock, Car pulls to the right, steering wheel peeling at top, SRS does not work, lights sporatically don't work or stay on when when the switch is off, the wheels make a horrific squealling noise at a few miles an hour, the acceleration has always been a little sluggish, etc. Maybe we should compare notes...BMWNA gave me the same "so sorry, but you haven't had enough problems with your car" BS. I've been to the dealer every few weeks for months!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search