Headlight bulb replacement - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)

X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Second generation F48 BMW X1 builds on the success of it's predecessor. Increases in power, interior and cargo space keep it a leader in the small SUV field.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto:
Headlight bulb replacement

Hello Everyone, does anyone knows if replacing the headlight and fog light bulbs to led will this void warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 16 X1 M-Sport
No idea. Are you making physical changes to anything or are these drop-in bulbs? If drop-in, no flashing required, etc., I'd just keep the old bulbs in case of trouble. Then swap them back in before the dealer. Might work!
Old 11-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 F25 35i , 17 F48 28i
No unless it creates and found to cause other problems. If you do replace halogen bulbs to led, you need to code your ecu for led bulbs, else you'll get error codes and flashing/hyperflasing.
Search forum on led swap, there are many discussions on this, what you need to do, and what you need. Search is your friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 07:40 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
No idea. Are you making physical changes to anything or are these drop-in bulbs? If drop-in, no flashing required, etc., I'd just keep the old bulbs in case of trouble. Then swap them back in before the dealer. Might work!
Well these will be plug n' play bulbs so I guess they have to be coded. I just hope the dealership doesn't give me any issues or denying servicing the vehicle if I ever need service done on it for example oil change or any recalls if any that needs to be done
Old 11-11-2019, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw2011 View Post
No unless it creates and found to cause other problems. If you do replace halogen bulbs to led, you need to code your ecu for led bulbs, else you'll get error codes and flashing/hyperflasing.
Search forum on led swap, there are many discussions on this, what you need to do, and what you need. Search is your friend.
Have you changed the halogen bulbs to LED yourself? If so, did the dealership give you any problems?
Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i
Maybe you have to confirm the LEDs meet legal specs, which is more important. Not all LEDs are the same and I wouldn't just trust the manufacturer saying they are legal. I think f48 has "pseudo-adaptive" LED headlights that don't actually move:

https://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1244986

If you need coding, it may be overwritten with BMW firmware updates.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 F48 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search