I want to thank Shawnsheridan for his help in in getting the problem resolved. Everything below was at his direction and the only thing that I worked through was the modification of the Subversion and Pathversion (which Milkyway assisted with).
The bottom line, I flashed the CID back to life.
Here is what I did. I hope I captured it correctly.
1. Open E-Sys and connect to your car chassis
2. Under Comfort Mode -> TAL-Calculating
Read the VO and Save
- Right Click on the FA folder and select Activate FA
- Read the SVT Actual and Save
Read the SVT and Save
- Under StandardSVT Version->"Your Module you want to modify (mine was CID)-> StandardSVK->
SWFL_######..., CAFD_... and BTLD_... - Change the following:
Subversion - to 000 <- these are zeros
Pathversion - to 000
Select the save icon on the top menu
3. Hit the back button
You will be asked to save the file and use it, Select YES.
4. Under KIS/SVT
Select Complete Flash under Calculating Strategy
Change the I-Step (Shipment to the version that is in the lower right corner of the E-Sys window (mine was f25_12-03-2012)
Leave the I-Step (Target as is.
5. Select Calculate and Save the file
6. Under TAL Select Calculate and Save the file.
7. Select Execute. This will take you to TAL-Processing
8. Under TAL -> Click on ... Select the TAL file you created
9. Under SVT -> Click on ... Select the SVT file that you calculated and Saved
10. Under FA-> Select Read SA
11. Under the ECU Tab in the bottom window, click on the ALL box to UNHIGHLIGHT all of the boxes
12. In the ALL column, select the box that corresponds to you Module (mine was CID). This will highlight all of the boxes in that row.
13 Select the START button.