BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
16K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
BMW F30 3 series sedan details released October 14th 2011

After years of waiting, speculating, chasing rumors and analyzing spy photos the wait is over. BMW is officially releasing the next generation 3 series sedan, chassis code F30 this Friday, October 14th 2011. On Friday we will have the official specifications including weight, height, width, length, and engine offerings.

We're expecting a modest increase in size over the outgoing E90 3 series sedan, with the weight staying the same or perhaps dropping a little with increased use of plastics, aluminum and high tech carbon reenforced plastics. The engine choices will likely be variants of the N20 for the 328i and the N55 for the 335i. We're also expecting xDrive all wheel drive to be offered from the get go.

The F31 3 series touring/wagon will follow after, but will it come to the US? About a year and a half from now we should start to get details on the F32 3 series coupe and then another 6 months later the F33 3 series convertible details will be release. Bimmerfest.com will be here with coverage of all the release details as they happen.

Spy photo gallery of the BMW F30 3 series exposed for the first time

We will know in just 4 long days what the future 3 series sedan F30 holds for us all. Stay tuned to Bimmerfest.com for all the details and analysis on what the next 3 series means to you.

See less See more
#2 ·
OK, I'm hoping to see something about the size of the E39 with all the pizzazz of the F10. For a guy who bought the E90 over the F10 I was really impressed with the 535 loaner I drove for about a week. A good combination of the two could be outstanding. Knowing BMW it most certainly will be***8230;***8230;

#8 ·
Correct. It will be the world wide launch so we'll just get all the main details but the packages, options, pricing, etc. will not come out until March of 2012 and the car will not go on sale in the US until May (my predictions on timing).

Tim

#9 ·
I hope they give us more information than we are expecting but I certainly wouldn't expect pricing or anything like that.

My only hope is that they somehow lost some weight somewhere this time around but I know it isn't likely.

Looking forward to seeing it in some high resolution pictures Friday though for sure!

#10 ·
The most important piece of information I'm waiting for (besides everything else about the car LOL ) is wheel sizing. I really want to know that the 17" winter wheels I have will fit the F30. I'm just lazy enough that I don't want to have to deal with getting rid of them.

Also, I can't wait for all the other details, too!

#11 ·
I've saw pics of it's interior and it looks really good, similar elements of both the 5 series and the 1 series, having the 1 series centre display.

BTW I thought the image on the opening page looked familiar. This is the pre launch image of the A6 and I wonder did the same guys do the art work for each.

#17 ·
BMW to Reveal New 3-series With Streaming Event This Friday

Put it on your calendars, BMW geeks. Friday, October 14 is the day we all get to see the new F30 3-series, a car that will head to production before the year is out. The event is scheduled to happen at four in the afternoon at the factory in Munich***8212;that***8217;s 10 AM Eastern, 7 AM Pacific***8212;meaning it***8217;ll be a good way to start our morning on this corner of the globe, where we can all watch the reveal live on BMW***8217;s Facebook page.

It***8217;ll only be the 3-series sedan showing up at this point, and you shouldn***8217;t be a stranger to the new-generation car. It***8217;s been the most spied piece of metal this side of the Porsche 911 all summer. We spotted it roaming around Germany back in May, then we caught a glimpse of the interior in June. Most recently, the new 3 was seen totally uncovered back in August. The coupe and convertible versions will likely trickle out in 2012 or early 2013.

As we***8217;ve noted in those past spy photo stories, the 3er will launch with the company***8217;s new turbocharged 2.0-liter as a base engine, with the current model***8217;s single-turbo six continuing on at the heart of the 335i. A six-speed manual will remain the standard transmission, while a ZF-sourced eight-speed will be the automatic option. Beyond those details, you***8217;ll have to come back on Friday for the full scoop.

#21 ·
I'd love to see a diesel sent to NA!

#23 ·
I would be sort of surprised to see it at launch for the US. I wanted to see the Nav screen details- and some sexy close-ups of cup holders.

:p

#27 ·
Another thing to consider is this looks like a plug-in, which may invite more theft, you know the stupid ones who do not know it is a built-in:)

As far as the cupholders, I think they are too close to the shifter. Seeing them, I actually begin to like the retractable ones we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.