BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Disabling NIC

2K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  HerbP 
#1 · (Edited)
delete

delete

#6 ·
I don't know much about their products. I would try & stick with ZF parts as they built the tranny for BMW. While I was changing the pan, I would also suggest changing the Mechatronics adapter seal, the seal for the electrical connector, & the 4 tubes between the valve body & casing. This should be everything needed to keep your tranny running like new. The fluid used needs to meet BMW specs, can be purchased in different brands. I use Pentosin ATF! since it is stocked at most any local parts store, in case some is needed in a hurry. I use a Hudson Bleach sprayer which holds 6 quarts, & pumps under pressure. It is stocked at Lowes, & less than 20.00. This will make installing the fluid much easier.

#12 ·
If you have anywhere above 80k miles on the car, the Mechatronic Adapter between the valve body & case could be hard & leaking fluid around the valve body. With older fluid there could also be a valve piston sticking in the valve body. It sounds like you are going to have to drop the pan.

#14 ·
If the cruise control is the only time it acts up, it is probably just trying to compensate from going past the desired setting. I would not worry if this is your only problem.

I will hit my resume button from a rolling stop, & I have never felt it doing this. If going up or down a hill, this would probably happen. If your fluid has never been changed, it would be a good time to do it. You don't want to use BMW's lifetime fluid schedule service interval. Once you look at & smell the old fluid, you will know it is past the time it should have been changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.