Double standards for Sexual harassment ? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. **Note** - Political posting is not allowed (or welcome) at Bimmerfest.

Old 07-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2018 BMW 328D
Double standards for Sexual harassment ?

He laughed it off but do women laugh it off also?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kassycho/ma...e-fans-russian

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
He laughed it off but do women laugh it off also?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kassycho/ma...e-fans-russian

You got slapped when you did the same thing, right?
Old 07-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Uniquely desultory

Mein Auto: '87 325i, '86 MB 300SDL
It is an odd thing. Since women are rarely the aggressor in hetero sex encounters, a cheek kiss like that comes across as affection, joyous affection, sort of 'you're cute!' While there is a tad bit of aggression in that, it's not an unpleasant sort of aggression. I kissed a woman friend similarly on the cheek some months back but we sort of had a friendly thing going. I had just walked into the coffee shop where we both were part of the music scene, I was dressed better than normal and she said 'well look at you!' And I kissed her. Went over well. A man doing that to a woman he doesn't know would almost never go over as well as the filmed encounter in the OP did.

It's a bit odd but I understand and accept it.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Uniquely desultory

This just in, translation of his remarks:

'There have been numerous incidents in this city of young women acting brazenly in approaching men for sex. Authorities say it is most unusual, has not been seen before. There is speculation that the drug ecstasy has been surreptitiously injected into bottled water. Furthermore, uh, ahh, whoa ...'

Last edited by cmac2012; 07-05-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:21 PM
6 RINGS

Mein Auto: CTS-V,540,Subaru Forester
This would be deemed sexual assault if it was a guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 07-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatWiz View Post
You got slapped when you did the same thing, right?

I could never do anything like that. These days you have no idea what the other person is thinking. What one person may view as a joke,sarcasm,prank or love another May view as an insult or attack on them.

330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 07-05-2018, 03:44 PM
The King of Common Sense

Mein Auto:
No, I think guys should enjoy getting raped. I keep thinking about the HS boys winning the lottery with those young pretty teachers, but confessed that it shouldn't have happened. I wouldn't tell what happened to authority, but to my friends.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 07-05-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:59 PM
<- Bailey

Mein Auto: 2019 RDX
Quote:
It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person's sex. Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
"Unwelcome" and "unwanted" is a common refrain throughout the SH rules.

It is not enough to complain that he was kissed or hugged.

Retired - 535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, ED.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
In the federal gooberment, only women are allowed to file sexual harassment complaints.

I had to watch a training video once. In the video, some guy made a comment about how nice a women looked and asked and gestured if she'd had some work, boob job. That was labeled sexual harassment. Then, the video showed some fat chick asking some sissy looking guy "Hey you big stud, how's it hanging?" that was labeled not sexual harassment. The message was clear, sexual harassment complaints from men will not be tolerated.

I once had some male pervert grab one of my nipples. Since I couldn't file a sexual harassment complaint, I swatted him around some. I didn't hurt him. Mostly what I did was "affirm dominance." I got an outstanding evaluation that year.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post
In the federal gooberment, only women are allowed to file sexual harassment complaints.

I had to watch a training video once. In the video, some guy made a comment about how nice a women looked and asked and gestured if she'd had some work, boob job. That was labeled sexual harassment. Then, the video showed some fat chick asking some sissy looking guy "Hey you big stud, how's it hanging?" that was labeled not sexual harassment. The message was clear, sexual harassment complaints from men will not be tolerated.

I once had some male pervert grab one of my nipples. Since I couldn't file a sexual harassment complaint, I swatted him around some. I didn't hurt him. Mostly what I did was "affirm dominance." I got an outstanding evaluation that year.

Men need equal rights lol..

330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold
Old 07-13-2018, 09:56 AM
I do'nt make mistakes.

Mein Auto: Quadricycle
Check your privilege! White men rule the world, so we aren't allowed to complain when someone retaliates. [/sarcasm]

Sadly, many people seriously agree with the above. Equality for all doesn't mean lowering everyone to the same level.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Uniquely desultory

^ Not sure what that has to do with the clearly different societal reaction when two young ladies kissed this man, they presumably did not know as opposed to two young men swooping and kissing an attractive female reporter on the cheek under the same circumstances.

I mean imagine. The latter would be seen as way, way inappropriate by (I'm guessing) about 100 times as many people as would the former. Might need a few more zeros in that number.

It is, for me, an obvious indication of the large differences between male and female overtures for friendship, etc. Women giving sexual favors to men is the way it is seen, rarely, rarely is the reverse true. Apart maybe from a young man in the 9.9+ on the one to ten scale giving a roll to a woman past her prime. But even a man in a dynamic like that, kissing a woman on the cheek without invitation, very much in public, would have received a much different reception than we see from the OP vid. Unlikely to change in our lifetime and beyond. YMMV.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:24 AM
<- Bailey

Mein Auto: 2019 RDX
It does not happen to be true that white men are not allowed to file. WMs do file fewer complaints, but they do file.

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics...ssment_new.cfm

As a manager and a trained EEO management rep (to defend accused managers), I had had access to case summaries and various statistics. Men do file.

Retired - 535i, Monaco, Cream, Light Poplar, ED.

Last edited by Kamdog; 07-13-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:28 PM
apprentice curmudgeon

Mein Auto: A bunch of things
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoputzer View Post

Every two years, I have to be recertified for compliance. The company I work for makes no variance between men and women. Either gender, it's made clear that harassment will not be tolerated.

Text if you want to meet him.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i + 2018 X3 30i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamdog View Post
It does not happen to be true that white men are not allowed to file. WMs do file fewer complaints, but they do file.

https://www.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics...ssment_new.cfm

As a manager and a trained EEO management rep (to defend accused managers), I had had access to case summaries and various statistics. Men do file.
Yeah, yeah, whatever....

Not where I worked.... U.S. Navy... everybody except White males who are not handicapped. The old saying concerning the EEO process was "If you have a white penis, it better be hanging out of a wheel chair."

The law says that a While male over 40 years old is protected from age discrimination. The Assistant EEO Officer (the EEO Officer is the military commanding officer) said "We don't accept age discrimination complaints." A White male can sue them, instead. But, there's a little kink in the EEO laws where even if a federal civil servant wins an age discrimination complaint they are not allowed to collect legal costs.

It's open season on Mr. Whitey in the federal civil service. The Navy lab I worked was required to get rid of 40% of Mr. Whitey's there. One of the ways they did that was not giving Mr. Whitey protection from discrimination by corrupt managers.

Last edited by Autoputzer; 07-13-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:05 AM

If they get a great job it is not sexual harassment for women..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-44810404

On the other hand it shows that some people will do anything for money and apply double standards on what mounts to sexual harassment and what does not

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...1827544785/amp

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
330ZHP Sold
330 Coupe Sold

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search