Exhaust - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4 35is, X5 50i
I don't think there are going to be many independent tests on the mods. I agree that I like to see that. In general that's why I usually baseline the car on the dyno before doing any performance mods. But.. that even in itself isn't perfect as temperature, humidity, fuel can change while the car is modified (even from morning to afternoon) and void the comparison...

Well, for what it's worth I was interested in the Dinan intake and exhausts. They "claim" 350 hp and 343 lb/ft with the intake, exhaust and throttle body. Note, stock is 325 hp and 330 lb/ft. So basically, 8% hp and 4% torque. To each their own on deciding if it's "worth it" and some of that factor is the sound instead of actual gains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2005, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: whatever i want
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkfarm
im at the point to really suggest to Mal not to modify anything.

Some people are just so "anal" that the day to day paralyzation he'd experience from the sheer fear of any sound, ding, knock, noise, etc would dive him literally insane.

Perhaps it would be helpful not to interject when were talking mods though, it is a nuisance having to revert to step one trying to make you feel warm and fuzzy about a mod when it's clear that it's not for you.
Some of your posts have literally killed threads and taken the topic back to infancy.

We can accept mods arent for you, accept that we like them

Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkfarm
we think just alike....

6 owners seem to be a breed apart from M3 owners....

most of this stuff is a given, amazing we have to explain it.

Its like trying to get a child to like brocolli or something....
It's a different demographic and culture I believe. 6er owners are probably older and look to buy a car for it's status symbol or for its aesthetics.

M3 owners are probably younger and have less money and more into taking whatever they can afford (BMW 3, Audi, Toyota), and making them faster. So the M3 owners are gonna know alot more about performance modifications and more likely to put on an aftermarket rear spoiler.

Anyways, phunkfarm, there's no need to pour salt in Malibu's wounds here. You risk making a advisarial situation where the key message could get lost: Modding for the sake of modding, for the sake of personalizing your car, for the sake of taking something and making it better in your own way is just plain fun. Modding is really tinkering, it's the inventive spirit, and what's wrong with that? (Although, and you can flame me for this, car modding isn't particularly that involved.)

So, give it time, and exposure to after market modifications and Malibu + co. will come around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2005, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto:
I can easily accept modding not being for him

but the personal crusade to piss on anyone considering something other than Bangles decree gets to be a bit much when it encompasses EVERYTHING!

WE GET YOUR POINT MAL.

stereos, chips, wheels, exhausts, intakes, paintjobs, bodykits, brake kits, aluminum pedals.....on and on and on....

Doesnt matter how old you are or how much $$$ you have, its a sign of true confidence to allow others to enjoy what they may like even if its not for you.

All I'm asking is that he sit back, allow us the opportunity to share ideas then he can cull whatever he feels works for him. Or not.

Just the sheer number of posts on the subject of mods should make it clear that theres a great deal of interest on this subject. I'm afraid of forum/pack mentality occuring where all of a sudden an environment is created where its no longer cool or "in" to improve your car. Wanting to fit in.

Ideas should be shared freely.

It's like when I posted my OEM wheels for sale.....A guy jumped in talking about why one should use 19" for winter applications and on and on like an authority on the subject. The truth is EVERYONE who has upgraded their wheels have kept their OEM wheels for Winter driving back east. It's just interference. Like a staticky radio station.

Last edited by phunkfarm; 12-20-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:40 PM

Mein Auto:
Standard with big gaps all round
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Standard.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	64101  
Old 12-20-2005, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto:
And non standard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Remus.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	64102  
Old 12-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardie
And non standard
If I remember correctly, the 630 has a round tailpipe opening and the 645/650 have an oval tailpipe opening. Same for the valence cutouts. So, these look like 630 Bimmers.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 645; 911TT; Maserati
Question Malibu, do you approve.......

of Denny Crain's ties?

I think he wears the best ties of any lawyer on TV. I'm thinking they must be custom-made for him personally by Robert Talbot. What do you think?
BMW X6 M (Alpine White, with Sakhir Orange interior)
Maserati Coupe Cambiocorsa (Grigio Touring Silver, with Black/Light Gray interior)
Mercedes SL500 (Pewter, with Charcoal Gray interior)
Old 12-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCarrera
Malibu do you approve of Denny Crain's ties?

I think he wears the best ties of any lawyer on TV. I'm thinking they must be custom-made for him personally by Robert Talbot. What do you think?
Yardie's ties are better.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:06 PM

Mein Auto:
Anyone know if there are any updates for the 645 -- has Dinan figured the 4.4 yet?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:43 PM

Mein Auto:
I don't know about trying to figure out who is right or wrong about "MODS" as you call them.. what do I know I don't even have my car yet.. but getting things lined up when I get it.. and one thing that really sold me on the car.. other then all the obvious... was the sound when I sat in the drivers seat for the first time... and started it... it purred... and if I can do something to the muffler.. pipes?? that will help make that sound better.. so when I get in and start it I really know it.. and feel it... Hey.. I'm all for it.. .but what do I know about it.. not a hell of a lot.. I don't even wanna know ... but if you have some suggestions for a set up... and can tell me the pros and cons.. that would make this very very helpful.. If I can get a great deep rich sound .. when the top is down.. and if by the way it adds a bit of horsepower.. cool... can someone post what suggestions they have and if they have done it ??

Thanks

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search