Requesting a VIN check by a CA - Thanks! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2018, 12:23 PM
FaRKle! FaRKle! is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: '17 328dx Wagon
Requesting a VIN check by a CA - Thanks!

A coworker of mine is interested in a CPO X5M that looks to have been leased for only 3 months. I was wondering if one of our awesome CAs can please help check the VIN (5YMKT6C37H0U39370) to see why it might've been turned in early. Carfax doesn't list anything between sale/registration and getting turned back in.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-23-2018, 12:47 PM
MJBrown62 MJBrown62 is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Seattle and Snoqualmie Washington
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,120
Mein Auto: 2017 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
A coworker of mine is interested in a CPO X5M that looks to have been leased for only 3 months. I was wondering if one of our awesome CAs can please help check the VIN (5YMKT6C37H0U39370) to see why it might've been turned in early. Carfax doesn't list anything between sale/registration and getting turned back in.

Thanks for your help!
It was reported sold to an individual. Nothing in the services history other than being late to have the 1200-mile M-service. It was done at 2190.

Nothing else to note ...

mjb
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2018, 01:56 PM
FaRKle! FaRKle! is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: '17 328dx Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBrown62 View Post
It was reported sold to an individual. Nothing in the services history other than being late to have the 1200-mile M-service. It was done at 2190.

Nothing else to note ...

mjb
Thanks Michael!

One more question, the dealer is telling my coworker that this has a BMW 5-yr unlimited mile CPO warranty. I interpreted that as the standard 1-yr, unlimited mile warranty kicking in after the 4yr/50k mi warranty expires. That means, if my coworker were to drive 45000mi in one year (car has ~5000mi on it) and use up the original new car warranty then he'd essentially only have a 2 year warranty with the additional CPO year. Is my interpretation of this correct? The dealer is insisting that this CPO warranty is 5 years from the in-service date, no matter the mileage and the car will be covered till 7/2022. I don't believe this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 01-23-2018, 02:26 PM
MJBrown62 MJBrown62 is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Seattle and Snoqualmie Washington
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,120
Mein Auto: 2017 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Thanks Michael!

One more question, the dealer is telling my coworker that this has a BMW 5-yr unlimited mile CPO warranty. I interpreted that as the standard 1-yr, unlimited mile warranty kicking in after the 4yr/50k mi warranty expires. That means, if my coworker were to drive 45000mi in one year (car has ~5000mi on it) and use up the original new car warranty then he'd essentially only have a 2 year warranty with the additional CPO year. Is my interpretation of this correct? The dealer is insisting that this CPO warranty is 5 years from the in-service date, no matter the mileage and the car will be covered till 7/2022. I don't believe this.
Yes, it's an either/or. Once the miles or the time on the New Vehicle Warranty are met, then the CPO warranty kicks in. And yes, that would be through 7/23/2022.

Keep in mind that the CPO warranty, while very comprehensive, does cover less than the new vehicle warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2018, 09:13 PM
ard ard is offline
Resident Curmudgeon
Location: Sierra foothills, California USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,993
Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
1. Niello is semi local to me. Ive used their service group- excellent. I know folks at a different niello store.

2. The new CPO plan is a one year unlimited mileage plan. He will have 4/50k under the new car warranty. All the usual. I assume this needs no explanation. The new CPO is unlimited mileage: so if he drives 40k miles a year, the new car will end at 1.25 years (1.25x40k = 50k).. however for the next 3.75 years he can rack up 150k miles before the cpo ends at year 5.

3. There are additional BMW warranties he can buy, they increase coverage- but id wait until close to the end of the 4/50

4. Being late on the 1200 mile warranty- by a large amount- May - MAY- jeopardize ALL future warranties. If your friend goes forward I would require something in writing that addresses this. Not sure what they will do, or can do- MJB, its there a way for BWMNA to 'bless' or 'clear' this issue?

5. Interesting discrepancy- record shows a purchase, dealer claims a lease...why the lie - er, misstatement?
__________________
Alignment here: The Definitive Alignment Thread

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label


OEM is not what BMW sells


http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2018, 10:04 PM
FaRKle! FaRKle! is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Bay Area, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: '17 328dx Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
2. The new CPO plan is a one year unlimited mileage plan. He will have 4/50k under the new car warranty. All the usual. I assume this needs no explanation. The new CPO is unlimited mileage: so if he drives 40k miles a year, the new car will end at 1.25 years (1.25x40k = 50k).. however for the next 3.75 years he can rack up 150k miles before the cpo ends at year 5.
Wait, so you're saying the CPO will carry him to 5 years, even if he uses up the new car warranty within 1 year (hypothetically)? The way I read it, the CPO warranty adds one year from the date the new car warranty expires. For example, if you reach 50k in 1 year, the CPO warranty starts then and is only good for 1 year after, leading to only 2 years of warranty total.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
4. Being late on the 1200 mile warranty- by a large amount- May - MAY- jeopardize ALL future warranties. If your friend goes forward I would require something in writing that addresses this. Not sure what they will do, or can do- MJB, its there a way for BWMNA to 'bless' or 'clear' this issue?
Would your warranty be void if you were late on a 10k oil change (lets say by 1000mi)? I don't see why it'd be void for the M-car 1200mi break in service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
5. Interesting discrepancy- record shows a purchase, dealer claims a lease...why the lie - er, misstatement?
Carfax shows a lease.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 01-23-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 AM
MJBrown62 MJBrown62 is offline
bimmerfest Supporting Member
Location: Seattle and Snoqualmie Washington
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,120
Mein Auto: 2017 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Wait, so you're saying the CPO will carry him to 5 years, even if he uses up the new car warranty within 1 year (hypothetically)? The way I read it, the CPO warranty adds one year from the date the new car warranty expires. For example, if you reach 50k in 1 year, the CPO warranty starts then and is only good for 1 year after, leading to only 2 years of warranty total.
I think I answered that in my PM and below/above. You get 4 years OR 50k miles on the new warranty. If you exceed the miles before the time hack, the CPO warranty kicks in. You then have until 5 years from the inservice date, with no mileage limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Would your warranty be void if you were late on a 10k oil change (lets say by 1000mi)? I don't see why it'd be void for the M-car 1200mi break in service.
It doesn't void the warranty. And the Vehicle History states the warranty is still in place.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Carfax shows a lease.
Probably me not being clear enough for ard. My fault. The history report just shows the name of the registered / reported "owner," not the source of financing. What I was confirming is that it wasn't a corporate or weird business/rental lease. The CarFax is right; it was a lease.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.