Please help with bid on a demo X4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 12-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X6 3.5
Please help with bid on a demo X4

I'm eyeing some X4s to replace my beloved X6 that was declared a total loss a few weeks ago (the 2nd one...great!). I've tracked down a few 2019 demo vehicles that meet my criteria (ie, M40i with at least Executive, Driving Assistant Plus, and HK). The good ones seem to all be out of state. The one that I like the best has about 4k miles on it and I suspect that the in-service date is probably around Nov or Dec 2018.

It has the 'too expensive' paint, the 'too expensive' wheels, and the 'too expensive' leather on it, yielding an MSRP that was around $75k when it rolled in.

Regardless of what they are asking, what is a good place to start? I'd start with the KBB value, but KBB doesn't have a lot of the upper-level options (like premium paint and M Sport differential). But...if KBB doesn't have it, perhaps its not worth that much on the used market?

Any suggestions? (Besides getting them to put my X6 with wonderful comfort seats and DHP back together)

Also, why would something like this not be listed as CPO? Are none of the demos CPO'd?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 08:27 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 540i; 428 GC; 340i 6MT
Jon Shafer has hinted (strongly) that there is some serious sales support for the M40i in December. I'm not sure if that was just the X3 M40I or also the X4 M40i. You might want to take a look at a new one. (The ones you're looking at may be the older body style, with the older iDrive). I suspect you may find that a brand new one, with the "normal every day" paint and wheels will end up costing you about the same as the demos. And you won't find yourself wondering how your new sled was abused by the previous drivers. (Ever abused a demo vehicle or service loaner? Lots of folks do.)

2017 540i MSport
2017 330i Sport

Prior BMW's
2018 340i RWD 6MT MSport
2016 428 GC MSport
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 12-12-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
Jon Shafer has hinted (strongly) that there is some serious sales support for the M40i in December. I'm not sure if that was just the X3 M40I or also the X4 M40i. You might want to take a look at a new one. (The ones you're looking at may be the older body style, with the older iDrive). I suspect you may find that a brand new one, with the "normal every day" paint and wheels will end up costing you about the same as the demos. And you won't find yourself wondering how your new sled was abused by the previous drivers. (Ever abused a demo vehicle or service loaner? Lots of folks do.)
Its definitely the new body style; it has the iDrive screen over the dash. The old style has the iDrive screen embedded in the dash and the new one has it over the dash.

I ran that dealer's year/build/mileage through trucar and it came up with about $60k. But then I'd have to ship it.

An X4 M40i, built with default paint and wheels (which I actually want), regular leather (I prefer the upgraded), and then all the options I want (less the M differential) is $68,175. Add the upgraded leather and the M differential that I want and its $70,575. Invoice ~65? I'd really like to order a car, but time is money because its costing me $41/day to rent a car.

I have used the same SA for many years (17?) and I'd like to give him my business. My dealer has one on the ground that is kind of close, but not really; it has the 21" wheels that I would kill in a minute since I go over speed bumps too fast, and black "you have to never look at it funny" paint. The MSRP is ~$71. Not having any idea what the current dealer or finance incentives are, do you have any idea what my starting point would be? Coming in strong, but fair is what I'd like to do.

Ordering a Tesla looks better and better every day. Click, click, click. (4 weeks) Car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2019, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: MINI Clubman S All4
Once one gets above the $50K ~ $60K price point, there are lots of choices from several brands, and all are, in their own ways, great vehicles.

At that price point, IMHO, one should drive exactly what one wants.

There are tons of great vehicle choices under $50K. Those of us in positions to shop higher up the food chain are not making "rational" choices. We get what we want because we... want to.

A rental car at $1,200/month shouldn't be sufficient reason to unnecessarily compromise for a person who is considering $60K ~ $70K cars. Again, IMHO.

Drive what you love. Life is short.

Last edited by 1968BMW2800; 12-12-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:39 AM

And, BTW, it is quite possible that, should you order a car from your local BMW dealer, he/she might assist you with interim transportation at little or no cost while you await the arrival of your new ride.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:45 AM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968BMW2800 View Post
And, BTW, it is quite possible that, should you order a car from your local BMW dealer, he/she might assist you with interim transportation at little or no cost while you await the arrival of your new ride.

Good point. Another thing the OP might not realize is that ordering an x3/4 often results in a quick turnaround of about 3-4 weeks as long as the dealer has an allocation in 112 status ready to flip to production immediately. I have ordered many x5/x6 cars and received them in a month or less because they are all made in Spartanburg which is geographically close to South Florida. One example was my 2013 x5M that I received in 2.5 weeks from day of my order.....

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Last edited by Alpine300ZHP; 12-12-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:20 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

barbja, i you are not a BMW Car club of America member, you should be. Join and you will get a $500 rebate on a new or CPO X4. The non-CPO one you're looking at would not qualify.

Is the one that tempts you at the dealership you've used for 17 years? Or out of state?

Are you loyal to the SA (service advisor) or CA (client advisor, which is BMW speak for "salesperson"). If you buy out of state, you can stil have your SA service it, so I am guessing you meant your sales person / CA.

Why not give the salesperson the chance to earn your business? Make an appointment and tell him your dilemma: You really want to work with him. BUT... You need a car, this one out-of-state is $XX,XXX. It's close to what you want, but it's not perfect. Can you and he work together to get you into an X4 that is closer to what you want, at a competitive price, and give the business to him?

In addition to the terrific year end pricing on new X4 M40i's, your CA likely has some sales target he needs to hit to unlock a bonus or spliff. You might be surprised by what he and his GSM are willing to do. Options I can think of include:
  1. Locate a car that is close to what you want, and do a dealer swap;
  2. Find an open allocation and build you the EXACT X4 you want;
  3. Find a brass hat that is close to what you want and CPO it for you.

But that's a dialogue you need to have with him, not a bunch of strangers on Bimmerfest. Keep us posted how you make out, and good luck!

2017 540i MSport
2017 330i Sport

Prior BMW's
2018 340i RWD 6MT MSport
2016 428 GC MSport
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 12-12-2019, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
barbja, i you are not a bmw car club of america member, you should be. Join and you will get a $500 rebate on a new or cpo x4. The non-cpo one you're looking at would not qualify.

Is the one that tempts you at the dealership you've used for 17 years? Or out of state?

Are you loyal to the sa (service advisor) or ca (client advisor, which is bmw speak for "salesperson"). If you buy out of state, you can stil have your sa service it, so i am guessing you meant your sales person / ca.

Why not give the salesperson the chance to earn your business? Make an appointment and tell him your dilemma: You really want to work with him. But... You need a car, this one out-of-state is $xx,xxx. It's close to what you want, but it's not perfect. Can you and he work together to get you into an x4 that is closer to what you want, at a competitive price, and give the business to him?

In addition to the terrific year end pricing on new x4 m40i's, your ca likely has some sales target he needs to hit to unlock a bonus or spliff. You might be surprised by what he and his gsm are willing to do. Options i can think of include:
  1. locate a car that is close to what you want, and do a dealer swap;
  2. find an open allocation and build you the exact x4 you want;
  3. find a brass hat that is close to what you want and cpo it for you.

but that's a dialogue you need to have with him, not a bunch of strangers on bimmerfest. Keep us posted how you make out, and good luck!
+150,000

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance |blue /blk|Perf. pack|FSD

BMW CCA #477341
Old 12-12-2019, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto:
@barbja, Are you in Austin? I am a member of the BMW CCA and local BMW car club member as well. happy to help connect with good salesperson I deal with the local dealership. Many of my fellow members work with few so that we know about the salesperson we are dealing with. Happy to do an intro if you want to.

As @quackbury mentioned above, being the BMW CCA helps, and also for discounts on models but sales and service also want to work with you since they know you are a member
Old 12-12-2019, 10:08 PM

Quote:
barbja, i you are not a BMW Car club of America member, you should be. Join and you will get a $500 rebate on a new or CPO X4. The non-CPO one you're looking at would not qualify.
BMW CCA=yes.

Quote:
Out of state. Boo.

Quote:
Are you loyal to the SA (service advisor) or CA (client advisor, which is BMW speak for "salesperson"). If you buy out of state, you can stil have your SA service it, so I am guessing you meant your sales person / CA..
Yes, I mean my CA. My brain is fried from too much car shopping!

Quote:
Why not give the salesperson the chance to earn your business? Make an appointment and tell him your dilemma: You really want to work with him. BUT... You need a car, this one out-of-state is $XX,XXX. It's close to what you want, but it's not perfect. Can you and he work together to get you into an X4 that is closer to what you want, at a competitive price, and give the business to him?
I think that I'm going to go talk to him about it tomorrow.

Quote:
In addition to the terrific year end pricing on new X4 M40i's, your CA likely has some sales target he needs to hit to unlock a bonus or spliff. You might be surprised by what he and his GSM are willing to do.
Man, I want them to be willing to put multi-contour seats in that sucker. Perfect car!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Good point. Another thing the OP might not realize is that ordering an x3/4 often results in a quick turnaround of about 3-4 weeks as long as the dealer has an allocation in 112 status ready to flip to production immediately. I have ordered many x5/x6 cars and received them in a month or less because they are all made in Spartanburg which is geographically close to South Florida. One example was my 2013 x5M that I received in 2.5 weeks from day of my order.....
I know that he has no allocations for X6s, but he does for X4s. He even has some that are in the pipeline, but it's still early enough to update their build. We'll see.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:35 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
pretty sure a demo CANNOT be cpo'd. Car must have been titled for it to be then CPOd

Regarding pricing. You want to be 'fair'... are you KIDDING me?!?!? "Fair"???.

I want my prices to be unfair. To be painful. Abusive. Brutal. They should hurt feelings. They should mean the CA wont send me a christmas card.... I can go on and on.

Luckily for the dealer, THEY can simply say 'no'...and they are fully protected against my abusive lowballing.

For basically new cars, I just take invoice and discount from there. A bit for just being a year old, then 50-$1 per mile (depending on MSRP)

GL

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM

Last edited by ard; 12-12-2019 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
pretty sure a demo CANNOT be cpo'd. Car must have been titled for it to be then CPOd

Regarding pricing. You want to be 'fair'... are you KIDDING me?!?!? "Fair"???.

I want my prices to be unfair. To be painful. Abusive. Brutal. They should hurt feelings. They should mean the CA wont send me a christmas card.... I can go on and on.

Luckily for the dealer, THEY can simply say 'no'...and they are fully protected against my abusive lowballing.

For basically new cars, I just take invoice and discount from there. A bit for just being a year old, then 50-$1 per mile (depending on MSRP)

GL
++++
And ard's being courteous.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:51 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbja View Post
I know that he has no allocations for X6s, but he does for X4s. He even has some that are in the pipeline, but it's still early enough to update their build. We'll see.

Sounds like the ones in the “pipeline” are in 112 status hence why they are modifiable. Since you are in TX, I cannot guarantee this, but I bet that if you modify a late 112 car and flip it to Priority 1 (this just means a customer order car), you will have it by mid-January. This would allow you to negotiate on the BMW cash that dealers are getting for M40i x3/x4 cars this month. If you really want an x6, don’t settle. Find a dealer that has an allocation and build it. Allocations are out there, my preferred BMW store has been getting x6 allocations pretty regularly. Lastly, you might just love an x6 M50i w/ the luxury seating package (multi-contour seats)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2019, 12:24 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Quote:
++++
And ard's being courteous.
The old ard is back, emboldened no doubt by his buddy Boris's landslide victory. (If you ever see them together, you'll notice they look a lot alike. But Boris has better hair).

2017 540i MSport
2017 330i Sport

Prior BMW's
2018 340i RWD 6MT MSport
2016 428 GC MSport
2015 X1 35i xDrive
2015 X1 28i xDrive
2014 535i MSport
2014 328i SportWagon
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 12-13-2019, 01:03 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Two things; don't hesitate to make any offer you want for this car. Dealer can only say no or counter your offer. Second, are you really renting a car on a daily basis? Turn it in now and get a per-week or per-month rental.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southcoastguy View Post
Two things; don't hesitate to make any offer you want for this car. Dealer can only say no or counter your offer. Second, are you really renting a car on a daily basis? Turn it in now and get a per-week or per-month rental.
It is daily, but it's at Allstate's daily rate that is cheaper than even Enterprise's friends&family monthly rate (yes, we were even surprised at that). I checked on the Ent F&F rate (a friend works there), my corporate rate, and AMEX platinum rate and they're all bested by what I'm paying now.

I'm renting an intermediate SUV right now and Allstate has ponied up some extra to pay for an extra 12 days past 30, so I have until the 17th now. If I end up ordering a car and my guy can't hook me up, reducing to a sedan-y thing can take off about 1/3.

BTW, I checked with my CA and the incentives and rebates on the X4 M40i are quite awesome. I haven't even asked him if he'll give me a discount if I finance. However, I don't know if they can run my credit. But the thought of looking for a couple of pieces of paper and making a couple of phone calls (to unlock my credit) makes me want to take a nap.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
If you really want an x6, don’t settle. Find a dealer that has an allocation and build it. Allocations are out there, my preferred BMW store has been getting x6 allocations pretty regularly. Lastly, you might just love an x6 M50i w/ the luxury seating package (multi-contour seats)?
After driving around an X4 for quite a while yesterday, I took an X6 M50i out for a spin. Putting DHP on the X6 means that I'm past the point of car cost pain or I'd have to remove other features that I really want. I wanted to see what an X6 with just M Adaptive suspension felt like. It took only one corner to know that that thing really needs anti-roll bars. (And it was a slow-speed corner at that!)

My F16 with DHP drove a lot like that X4 that I was tooling around in for a couple of hours and that X6 with just adaptive drove HUGE! Putting ALL the electromechanical wizardry on the X6 makes it feel like you are driving a smaller vehicle. Only put on part of it and it does not.

Perhaps if they had cars on the lot with DHP they'd sell some DHPs! I probably would not have ordered DHP on my 2nd X6 if I had not noticed that they had de-featured the magic from the original X6 and I had to add that package to get the "same" car. Or make it another trim level ... xLine (or whatever), M Sport, and M Sport+. They'd most certainly sell more DHP that way!!
Old 12-14-2019, 08:26 AM

Update: The close-in verdict is, with rebates and incentives, the cost of an almost fully loaded as you can get it 2020 X4 M40i is only a couple of thousand dollars more than a Tesla Model 3, so they're basically the same price. Here's the standings:

* Cabin usability: The X4 absolutely trounces the Tesla.
* Driving: tie
* Cruise: Tesla (navigation on autopilot is the bomb).
* Parking: X4 (you can't manage to make a top-view with a million cameras Tesla? come on)
* Seat comfort: Tesla wins for seat comfort (it would be a landslide if it only had a knee bolster)
* Visibility: X4 (X4 is getting this because of the increased height; no discounts for small rear window due to driving X6s for 7y. Who uses a rear view mirror anyway? ).
* Seeing what I'm doing when I'm doing it: X4 (HUD, instrument cluster)
* Storage: X4
* Gas mileage: Ummm... Although we go to the 7-11 almost every day, I still hate putting gas in the car.
* Availability: Tesla. Surprisingly they have inventory in Texas right now. If I'm flexible on the color and willing to take a car that a zillion people have touched, I can have a car today (probably in a couple of days because I want them to super-detail it). I'd absolutely have to order an X4.

It's ultimately coming down to:

Do I want a car now that is marginally cool, that I can charge up in my garage, that is relatively comfortable, that will not require much maintenance, depreciates way less than average, that I don't have to put gas in, but will slow me down on long trips (that I don't take) and will piss me off almost every day (but has a slight chance of getting better -- won't hold my breath)

Or do I want a car later that has elite-level usability, but I have to put gas in and may potentially be uncomfortable forever.

I think I'll go talk to my service guy to find out if there is anything that they can do about that seat. Maybe they can take the lumbar mechanism out completely. X4 wins!!
Old 12-14-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Update: The close-in verdict is, with rebates and incentives, the cost of an almost fully loaded as you can get it 2020 X4 M40i is only a couple of thousand dollars more than a Tesla Model 3, so they're basically the same price. Here's the standings:

* Parking: X4 (you can't manage to make a top-view with a million cameras Tesla? come on)
* Seat comfort: Tesla wins for seat comfort (it would be a landslide if it only had a knee bolster)
* Visibility: X4 (X4 is getting this because of the increased height; no discounts for small rear window due to driving X6s for 7y. Who uses a rear view mirror anyway? ).
* Gas mileage: Ummm... Although we go to the 7-11 almost every day, I still hate putting gas in the car.
* Availability: Tesla. Surprisingly they have inventory in Texas right now. If I'm flexible on the color and willing to take a car that a zillion people have touched, I can have a car today (probably in a couple of days because I want them to super-detail it). I'd absolutely have to order an X4.

Do I want a car now that is marginally cool, that I can charge up in my garage, that is relatively comfortable, that will not require much maintenance, depreciates way less than average, that I don't have to put gas in, but will slow me down on long trips (that I don't take) and will piss me off almost every day (but has a slight chance of getting better -- won't hold my breath)

Or do I want a car later that has elite-level usability, but I have to put gas in and may potentially be uncomfortable forever.

I think I'll go talk to my service guy to find out if there is anything that they can do about that seat. Maybe they can take the lumbar mechanism out completely. X4 wins!!

As someone who has both an X3 M40i and a Tesla model 3 Performance (and has been previously an "only BMW" household for close to 14 years before getting the model 3), I will tell you that there is quite a bit more different between the two cars than you describe. There is a lot of misinformation that happens about teslas on these boards, so I usually stay out of those discussions because I am not into internet arguments etc.

With that being said, if you were comparing the X4 to the unreleased model Y, it would be a better comparison... but a better comparison is a 3 series, not an X4. If you like the X4, you have to think about "why am I not cross shopping the X4 with a BMW 3 series?. You must like something about the X4, and I would bet its the fact that it "sits up higher" than your standard 3 series, and has more room inside.

You want a model Y based on the cars you are shopping, not a model 3, and the model Y doesnt exist yet, and wont for a year or so likely. Based on the fact that you seem to love the size and ride hight of the X4, the model 3 is not the right car (nor is any sedan).

If it was, you would also be comparing a 3 series to it. Also, as far as lead times, unless you could find an inventory model 3 that matched the spec you wanted, its likely that you would not get a new model 3 any faster than an X4... actually probably much slower, based on current lead times and tesla logistics. If you ordered now, you would either get it by dec 31st, or be looking at around march, would be my guess.

If you have specific tesla model 3 questions you can shoot me a PM. The vehicles are too different to be compared imo. if you wouldnt buy a 3 series, dont look at the model 3, for the same reasons you are not looking at the 3 series.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341
Old 12-14-2019, 10:34 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:

You really need to talk to JJ. As he mentioned, he has a Model 3 performance and the x3M40i. He knows both intimately and is probably giving you the best advice you can get as far as comparing these two choices. On the other hand, I hear you about the x6 without DHP and handling. I had a 16 3.5 without DHP and now have a 19 X6M. DHP is mandatory for anyone who likes to drive aggressively.

Last edited by Alpine300ZHP; 12-14-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:35 AM

Agree with jj. Tesla 3 and the BMW x4 are barely in the same overlapping universe, if at all.

I would add that, if the X4 resonates with you, and your BMW dealer learns that you are seriously considering a Tesla, and you are ready to "order today," you will be presented a very compelling deal.

Or, to borrow a page out of ard's playbook, your dealer might consider your "painful, abusive, brutal" offer, especially between now and December 31.

I repeat my earlier observation that life is short, drive what you love. If it's important to you.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
You really need to talk to JJ. As he mentioned, he has a Model 3 performance and the x3M40i. He knows both intimately and is probably giving you the best advice you can get ...

++++
Old 12-14-2019, 10:44 AM
East Coast Commuter

Quote:
Agree with jj. Tesla 3 and the BMW x4 are barely in the same overlapping universe, if at all.

I would add that, if the X4 resonates with you, and your BMW dealer learns that you are seriously considering a Tesla, and you are ready to "order today," you will be presented a very compelling deal.

Or, to borrow a page out of ard's playbook, your dealer might consider your "painful, abusive, brutal" offer, especially between now and December 31.

I repeat my earlier observation that life is short, drive what you love. If it's important to you.

Excellent advice. “Life is short, drive what you love.” FWIW, I think that barbja really wants an x6M50i with every option, but the x4M40i is a much more compelling deal factoring in everything.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
As someone who has both an X3 M40i and a Tesla model 3 Performance (and has been previously an "only BMW" household for close to 14 years before getting the model 3), I will tell you that there is quite a bit more different between the two cars than you describe. There is a lot of misinformation that happens about teslas on these boards, so I usually stay out of those discussions because I am not into internet arguments etc.

With that being said, if you were comparing the X4 to the unreleased model Y, it would be a better comparison... but a better comparison is a 3 series, not an X4. If you like the X4, you have to think about "why am I not cross shopping the X4 with a BMW 3 series?. You must like something about the X4, and I would bet its the fact that it "sits up higher" than your standard 3 series, and has more room inside.

You want a model Y based on the cars you are shopping, not a model 3, and the model Y doesnt exist yet, and wont for a year or so likely. Based on the fact that you seem to love the size and ride hight of the X4, the model 3 is not the right car (nor is any sedan).

If it was, you would also be comparing a 3 series to it. Also, as far as lead times, unless you could find an inventory model 3 that matched the spec you wanted, its likely that you would not get a new model 3 any faster than an X4... actually probably much slower, based on current lead times and tesla logistics. If you ordered now, you would either get it by dec 31st, or be looking at around march, would be my guess.

If you have specific tesla model 3 questions you can shoot me a PM. The vehicles are too different to be compared imo. if you wouldnt buy a 3 series, dont look at the model 3, for the same reasons you are not looking at the 3 series.

After re reading this, man did I repeat the exact same message a million times, lol....

Anyway, sorry about that OP. I just feel the sentiment very strongly. sorry for repeating the message so many times.

BMW CCA #477341

Last edited by jjrandorin; 12-15-2019 at 08:29 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search