2010 F10 Comfort seats retrofit - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)

F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
The sixth generation of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) was produced from 2011 - 2016 with LCI updates arriving in 2014. In the US BMW offered a hatchback 5 Series Gran Truismo (F07) and the rest of the world also go a Station Wagon/Touring version F11.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:51 AM

Mein Auto: F10 530d, E38, 2xE30, E34
2010 F10 Comfort seats retrofit

Hey, I wanted to retrofit comfort seats in my 2010 530d. It has semi electric standard seats without seat heating in it.
So I've bought 2011 comforts seats with seat heating.
I changed he seats but they not working at all
I also added the options 456, 488, 494 with e-sys, but the ecu 's doesn't show on the SVT tree.
The car also doesn't seem to have the wires for the seat memory buttons inside the door.

So my question is, how do I make the seat ecus appear on the SVT tree? And how can I get the seats to work?

Last edited by Pähkel; 09-08-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2016, 12:09 PM

Managed to get the seats to work I was missing one power supply wire and CAN wires (CAN-L – green, CAN-H – orange with a green stripe).
When somebody has questions just contact me
Old 10-03-2016, 06:13 AM

Mein Auto: Singapore
Retrofit comfort seat

Hi mate ,

Nice talking to you : )

I am from Singapore here and recently did the comfort seat retrofit with ventilated seat function.

We had done all the wiring according to the diagram and everything works flawlessly except the Memory button on passenger side is not working . The memory button doesn't blink when we pressing down and the seat position cannot be saved too.

Not sure did u ever encounter this problem during your retrofitting process and mind to share somes with me ?

Thanks in advance for your kind input if any.

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pähkel View Post
Managed to get the seats to work I was missing one power supply wire and CAN wires (CAN-L – green, CAN-H – orange with a green stripe).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2016, 01:39 AM

Have u looked up any fault codes relating to the problem?
Old 10-05-2016, 02:06 AM

Hi mate ,

Thanks for your reply .

I will try to check with Ista to see what is the fault code and revert to u then .

Thanks !

Alan
Old 10-06-2016, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: F11 535d
How much were the seats if you don't mind me asking? I'd love to do this retrofit.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:40 PM

I got the seats form ebay, for something like 1200 euros
Old 10-24-2016, 03:04 AM

Confort seat , HELP !

Sorry for the late reply .

I have been working very closely with my workshop here recently to solve the problem but sadly no result at all.

Wiring all correct , Ista diagnosis also no fault code at all .. we try to search the ISTA under FRM and passenger seat module ( SMBF ) to activate the memory seat but no luck at all too . We cant find any function that can used to activate or initial the memory seat function for passenger seat

The ISTA can only activate the memory LED button( to light it up ) but the memory seat function just dont work at all : (

Help !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by algino View Post
Hi mate ,

Thanks for your reply .

I will try to check with Ista to see what is the fault code and revert to u then .

Thanks !

Alan

Last edited by algino; 10-24-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Glad you were able to get your comfort seats to work. I love mine. They are by far the most comfortable seats in an BMW I have owned. Enjoy.
2016 Corvette Stingray (Fun Car)
2016 528ixdrive/MSport (Ret)
2013 Audi A6 (Ret)
2013 Audi A4 (Ret)
2010 Z4s30i (ED) (Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)/ED/PCD
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED/PCD
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)
1985 M635 Euro (Ret)
Old 10-24-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
Glad you were able to get your comfort seats to work. I love mine. They are by far the most comfortable seats in an BMW I have owned. Enjoy.
Yes, I think these seats are a big step up compared to the half electric seats
Old 10-24-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algino View Post
Sorry for the late reply .

I have been working very closely with my workshop here recently to solve the problem but sadly no result at all.

Wiring all correct , Ista diagnosis also no fault code at all .. we try to search the ISTA under FRM and passenger seat module ( SMBF ) to activate the memory seat but no luck at all too . We cant find any function that can used to activate or initial the memory seat function for passenger seat

The ISTA can only activate the memory LED button( to light it up ) but the memory seat function just dont work at all : (

Help !!!!
Hey,
Have u edited the VO codes?
Old 10-24-2016, 09:43 PM

Hi ,

I have edited the VO code as you listed above except the 494 seat heating ..

All works just fine except can't set the memory seat on passenger side .. appreciate your input if any thx !
Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 AM

Mein Auto: f10
Hey there

I know its been a while ago that this topic has started but its the only one that showed me the comfort seats actualy can work

I want to install them in my f10 also but dont know where i have to connect the wires

Still hope you can help me out
Old 05-06-2019, 12:48 AM

Mein Auto: 5 series
Hello,
I just bought a F11 2012 with semi electric seats and since I had the comfort seats on my E61 I'm missing them already on my F11 and want to retrofit them.
A company in Germany that has 2nd hand comfort seats did not recommand to do this since there are missing cables.
I would be glad if you could share with me how you did your retrofit to comfort seats and the problems you had to solve
Thanks
Pieter
Old 12-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto:
Hi everybody
I also plan to retrofit What do I need to buy to retrofit
I have F10 LCI (FA with SA459:Seat Adjustm Electr Memory Driver FB), only the driver's seat has memory, the passenger side has no memory (electrical adjustment only). In dependable SVT E_sys I also only have 1 ECU SM (6d). I checked the actual page under the driver's seat with ECU SM BA / M , the passenger seat did not see any ECU.
thank you.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:37 PM

Mein Auto:
Comfort seats retrofit

Quote:
Hello Pankel, I found a great comfort seats and I am looking to find what exactly should I do for this retrofit. My car is F10 2011 530d xDrive with semi electric standard cloth seats. The new ones I found are comfort seats with heating, ventilation, massage, lumbar support.

Except getting the old ones out and plug the new ones what exactly should I do to make all work. Also I do not have memory on mines but the new ones have, so this is one more thing to consider.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:55 PM

Mein Auto:
I'm thinking about the same thing right now. I just picked up a CPO 2016 535d xDrive, and I would like to retrofit the Comfort Seats. The current seats are powered and heated, and I would like to put in the Standard Comfort Seats (without Active & Ventilation from the Luxury Seating Package)

I have found a number available online, but they are all from pre-LCI models, so my pressing question is, can I put a pre-LCI seats in an LCI model?
Old 01-05-2020, 11:21 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharvey View Post
I'm thinking about the same thing right now. I just picked up a CPO 2016 535d xDrive, and I would like to retrofit the Comfort Seats. The current seats are powered and heated, and I would like to put in the Standard Comfort Seats (without Active & Ventilation from the Luxury Seating Package)

I have found a number available online, but they are all from pre-LCI models, so my pressing question is, can I put a pre-LCI seats in an LCI model?

No, they are not the same. I am with the pre LCI and I bought seats from LCI model and found the difference the hard way. The difference is the those from the pre LCI are wider in general and the rails which are holding the seat to the floor do not match.

Luckily my dealer had such from pre LCI model and I just swapped them. A friend did all the wiring, I did the coding and now everything is working. The only thing left are the driver and passenger side memory buttons. After the coding I get two errors for those memory buttons that they are missing LIN so I have a question if LIN is put to the buttons will they work as thye are or something more should be done? Just to say once more my previous seats didn't have memory.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:24 AM

Mein Auto:
Thanks for the info. Thats super helpful.

Are you in the States? Did you buy the LCI Seats from a dealer? If they are Black Leather maybe I can buy them from you?

Otherwise, I will just hold on my search until some pop up, I have been able to find a lot of options for Pre-LCI, but none 2014+.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:27 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharvey View Post
Thanks for the info. Thats super helpful.

Are you in the States? Did you buy the LCI Seats from a dealer? If they are Black Leather maybe I can buy them from you?

Otherwise, I will just hold on my search until some pop up, I have been able to find a lot of options for Pre-LCI, but none 2014+.
Nope, I am in Bulgaria. I bought them from a local retailed used in like new condition. It was something like 600-700 USD for the whole bundle, front and back seats, all door panels and the clima control as mine is without the heating option
Old 01-08-2020, 07:40 PM

Mein Auto:
I am still on the hunt. The closest thing I have found it a salvage 2014 550, but it has more than I hoped for. It has the Luxury Seating Package, so the Comfort Seats are also Active and Ventilated.

I mean they would be nice to have, but I imagine even more difficult to retrofit correctly. Does anyone have any experience?
Old 03-08-2020, 05:04 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Quote:
Can you help me with the wiring part of this job?
thanks,-
Old 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM

Mein Auto:
Here is the schematic of the driver's seat memory, where S19 is the "M" switch on the driver's door panel, and the dark red line representing the LIN bus...

For Production greater than 07/2013

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ver/1VnYJ8rn1O

For Production less than 06/2013...

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...river/H2eVG8Xl

The Passenger's memory switch S23 is connected the LIN bus....for Production greater than 07/2013

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ger/1VnY2DU59d

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...enger/H2cDitEg

Switches hang off the LIN bus, while most ECU's, including seat modules, hang off the CAN bus....so ensure that your seat modules are on the green/orange twisted pair, and the memory switches are hanging off the yellow LIN Bus wire. You can tap into the wires in your harness of like color, so no need to connector directly to the JBE or FRM.....

There are several nodes where the above wires are tied together, but again you can tie into the wires in the main wiring harness on the left or right hand side of the car's electrical main harness.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:23 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
Here is the schematic of the driver's seat memory, where S19 is the "M" switch on the driver's door panel, and the dark red line representing the LIN bus...

For Production greater than 07/2013

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ver/1VnYJ8rn1O

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...river/H2eVG8Xl

The Passenger's memory switch S23 is connected the LIN bus....for Production greater than 07/2013

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ger/1VnY2DU59d

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...enger/H2cDitEg

Switches hang off the LIN bus, while most ECU's, including seat modules, hang off the CAN bus....so ensure that your seat modules are on the green/orange twisted pair, and the memory switches are hanging off the yellow LIN Bus wire. You can tap into the wires in your harness of like color, so no need to connector directly to the JBE or FRM.....

There are several nodes where the above wires are tied together, but again you can tie into the wires in the main wiring harness on the left or right hand side of the car's electrical main harness.

Thanks.

Are two can wires standard copper 0,35mm2 ?
How about M switch wire? single wire or pair?

Can you specify the connectors both sides?

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
coding, comfort seats, f10, retrofit

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - 2016)
Today's Posts Search