ED a second time. - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 05-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60 M5,
It is so much fun we are doing one in reverse. Our 1972 MB 350SL will be arriving in Rotterdam tomorrow and we pick it up on the 26th for touring Europe and participating in the Kitzbuhel Alps Rallye, the largest old car event in Austria. Then back to the factory in Stuttgart for some age related upgrades. This will be our 7th ED.

M DREI und M FUNF at ElkHart Lake

Current Fleet
14 Audi S4 - Sons daily driver
13 C63 AMG. Coupe Devlpmnt Pkg 12 Sept. ED Delivery
12 K1600 GT One Lap of America-Sold
11 X5d (X Funf) ? PDC Delivery
12 HD FXDC Comfortable Cruiser
05 E500 4Matic ED Delivery
01 M3 (M DREI) Sunny Sunday Service
01 Honda RC51 Sons Bike
99 Ducati ST 2 My Bike
80 Porsche 911 Weissach Edition
72 350 SL Kitzbuhel Rally & Touring Car
60 Triumph TR 3 - X 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2016, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by M FUNF View Post
It is so much fun we are doing one in reverse. Our 1972 MB 350SL will be arriving in Rotterdam tomorrow and we pick it up on the 26th for touring Europe and participating in the Kitzbuhel Alps Rallye, the largest old car event in Austria. Then back to the factory in Stuttgart for some age related upgrades. This will be our 7th ED.
OK that is cool! Please post pics would love to see them!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
We have done the factory tour twice. One just my wife and I and the other with Dad. I believe its an hour and half maybe an hour and 45 min. They have you watch a video about the history of BMW then they lead you through the different production areas. Its awesome to see where your car was built etc etc. My stepmother didn't think it was going to be enjoyable and she was very impressed and came out loving the tour.

On our 1st ED we kinda ran through the museum which we shouldn't have done. You can be there as long as you want to be. We are going back for Dual EDs this summer and plan to spend more time at the museum. We moved the delivery time till the afternoon so we would be able to spend the morning and early afternoon chilling at the Welt and museum.
I keep going back and forth on a dual ED or two separate ones. the negatives is that one will not be driven..except to the drop off point. and our time will be split with both cars during delivery taking away from each, at least a little.

the positives are simpler to see, a dual ED saves me money with one less trip. however one less trip means one less European vacation.

one of the big reasons I don't want to do dual is warranty..the M4 will sit in the garage here all winter unused while the warranty clock starts. picking it up in the spring gives me that much more warranty and use of the car for the summer.

Meh Monday I will change my mind again regarding individual or dual..good thing time is on my side.

My wife and I have been planning this for over 10 years saving and scrimping where we can...finally almost empty nesters. it is still a year out, and alot has to go right but we are closing in on it. if we leased it would be simpler but we plan to keep these a while.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-15-2016, 03:51 PM

Mein Auto: E60 M5,
Quote:
Originally Posted by danac787 View Post
I keep going back and forth on a dual ED or two separate ones. the negatives is that one will not be driven..except to the drop off point. and our time will be split with both cars during delivery taking away from each, at least a little.

the positives are simpler to see, a dual ED saves me money with one less trip. however one less trip means one less European vacation.

one of the big reasons I don't want to do dual is warranty..the M4 will sit in the garage here all winter unused while the warranty clock starts. picking it up in the spring gives me that much more warranty and use of the car for the summer.

Meh Monday I will change my mind again regarding individual or dual..good thing time is on my side.

My wife and I have been planning this for over 10 years saving and scrimping where we can...finally almost empty nesters. it is still a year out, and alot has to go right but we are closing in on it. if we leased it would be simpler but we plan to keep these a while.

Thanks for the info.
Simple do them 6 months apart, we have been in Europe for 3 weeks in march - April, will return May - June, and be in Munich for the Christmas Week with our children.

M DREI und M FUNF at ElkHart Lake

Current Fleet
14 Audi S4 - Sons daily driver
13 C63 AMG. Coupe Devlpmnt Pkg 12 Sept. ED Delivery
12 K1600 GT One Lap of America-Sold
11 X5d (X Funf) ? PDC Delivery
12 HD FXDC Comfortable Cruiser
05 E500 4Matic ED Delivery
01 M3 (M DREI) Sunny Sunday Service
01 Honda RC51 Sons Bike
99 Ducati ST 2 My Bike
80 Porsche 911 Weissach Edition
72 350 SL Kitzbuhel Rally & Touring Car
60 Triumph TR 3 - X 2

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > European Delivery
Today's Posts Search