Don Nguyen | E46 M3s - Official vinyl wrapping pictures thread - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M3 & M4 > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Regional Sponsor

Mein Auto: BMW
Don Nguyen | E46 M3s - Official vinyl wrapping pictures thread

This thread is dedicated to specifically E46 M3s that I have vinyl wrapped. Most of what you're going to see done are typically roofs, chrome window trim being blacked out, and tinting tail lights. I also do other vinyl work on/for these cars, which I will also post.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me directly for answers. If I get enough of a certain question via PM/e-mail, I'll post it on here for everyone to know/see.

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 PM
Regional Sponsor

This is a gray E46 M3 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in my gloss black material. Went with the gloss black to give it that more factory look, to simulate somewhat of a CSL look, even though the CSL had a real CF roof. The owner of this car was also in Orange County as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 09-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 M3
Looks Good.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Regional Sponsor

Thanks!

The owner of this grey E46 M3 had me wrap his window trim in my gloss black vinyl material and also tint the red portion of his tail lights. The tint film I use is actually not that dark, but due to the lighting and angle of the sun in this picture, it makes the tail light film appear darker than it actually is in person.

There are some palm/finger marks on the window trim that I forgot to clean off before taking these pictures, so don't mind those.

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 09-18-2014, 11:22 PM
Regional Sponsor

Some pictures of a white E46 M3 that I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black. The owner of this car lived around Westminster/Orange County. This car is stored and parked outside quite a bit, so with the vinyl roof, it'll end up help protect the roof/paint from weathering. It was a bit dark when I took these pictures, so I had to use a flash for some of them. I think the gloss black roof gives the car a nice updated look.

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]

Last edited by Don Nguyen; 09-18-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Regional Sponsor

Here are some pictures of a white BMW E46 M3 coupe that I wrapped the roof in gloss black during my last trip up to norcal/bay area to do wraps. The pictures aren't the greatest, since the angle of the sun at that time wasn't that idea for taking pictures from those angles. Either way, I think the gloss black roof gave the E46 a nice updated/newer and an OEM+ look to the car.

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 09-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Regional Sponsor

Believe it or not, this was actually the 1st or 2nd car that I did the roof on, probably ~5-6 years ago. The owner of this Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 coupe had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I don't do too many of these colors, but I think it turned out great. The owner of this car was in Orange County as well.

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]
Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Regional Sponsor

For this rare estoril blue E46 M3 coupe, I installed my gloss black vinyl material to the roof of the car. If I can remember correctly, the paint that was already on the roof was not in that great of a shape, so the owner wanted to cover it up and prevent it from further deteriorating and as a non permanent solution until he had the roof repainted. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hill/sOrange county to have the work done. I think the gloss black finish went well with the bright blue color of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

[email protected]

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M3 & M4 > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Today's Posts Search