BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What did you do to your F3X today?

75K views 514 replies 130 participants last post by  F30Stock 
#1 ·
I'm surprised there is no thread like this here. Post up what you did to you F3X. It can be anything like a car wash, exhaust, wheels, lowered...And pics or it didn't happen :rofl:

The more details the better, i.e. brands, parts, retailer, product...

I will start posting my mods here, once I take delivery of my unicorn.

#452 ·
I've been enjoying the BimmerTech Premium Audio System amp for a month now, and quite honestly I couldn't be happier with it! The added power and clarity that it brings to my BMW's audio experience is truly fantastic! It's a great improvement over my stock "HiFi" system that I would recommend to anyone who loves good audio. It's also a great first step to achieve the best sound you can get from your existing system, and an easy upgrade that you can perform yourself. I do recommend that you also purchase the BimmerTech tool kit to facilitate removal of the interior components that you must access. Although I've read in other reviews that BimmerTech's service was outstanding when needed, I had no reason to contact them as the instructional video was well made and comprehensive enough for me to be able to do the install based solely on watching the video. I also love that, with the included USB cable I can upload custom audio files to shape the sound to my liking if I so desire. Thus far I'm finding the BimmerTech default setup that the amp comes with to be great though!

The entire installation took me approximately 1.25 hours to complete, including taking breaks when needed to review the video and double check my work. The new BimmerTech amp is a direct fit using the existing mounting bracket. It does have more cabling, but it will all tuck into the space nicely, and go back together looking like your trunk space was never touched. I would suggest that you review closely the documentation on installing the DSP bypass cable (if that's part of your particular installation), as you have to disassemble the cable connector and reassemble it using the stock connector end in order for it to fit and function correctly. Don't let that put you off though, as even a novice such as myself can easily accomplish that task. Of course as stated above, BimmerTech's service is always there to help you as well. So, if you're reading this review and wondering if you can do this yourself, you can and you should! I highly recommend this upgrade as your first (or maybe only) step toward audio bliss!

Attachments

#455 ·
It's a QuickJack (quickjack.com), specifically the BL-5000SLX. I've only had it for a couple of days, so I don't have a firm opinion on it yet. I'll be doing front & rear brakes and full driveline fluids on my wife's X3 next weekend, that will be a big test.

To head off any "you should have bought a MaxJax/mid-rise/4-post lift instead!" comments: you have your requirements, I have mine. This fits my needs.

#486 ·
Rinsed the pollen/dust from the car at the $2.00 DIY car wash. One nice thing about a gold car,the yellowish dust doesn't show the way it does on black or dark gray, but the hood looks dirty when I'm driving. The car has already been clayed, glazed, and waxed by yours truly, so I simply dried it off after the shower. (Tip: Dry the wheels before you drive out of the bay. Brake dust has this tendency to stick to wet wheels.)

I checked into window tinting, too. The place that did my Buick five years ago wants $389 for their ceramic tint. I know, if I keep the car four years that is only
$100 a year, but that's a lot of dough to shell out at once. Still, I've got to have the tint. Next week, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.