BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
101K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  bayoucity 
#1 ·
So, has Cadillac really cracked the 3 Series' code?

http://www.totalcarscore.com/car-reviews/comparison-tests/entry-luxury-sport-sedan-comparison-test

"Shadowing the BMW 335i in terms of both intuitive feedback as well as overall ride quality and handling confidence is the 2013 Cadillac ATS. If you think you might have misread that previous sentence, go back and read it again - slowly. Just to be 100 percent clear, Cadillac has created a sport sedan that is, dynamically, right on top of the BMW 3 Series. How close is it? The ATS is closer than the previous challenger to the 3 Series' supremacy when it comes to sublime handling finesse - the Infiniti G37. Again, we're talking shades of gray here, shades we could only uncover because we drove all three in such close proximity to each other. The G37's extra weight is the likely culprit in placing it third, as it still feels like a first class sport sedan...unless you drive it aggressively right after driving an ATS or 3 Series, aggressively."

#1,126 ·
It is precisely voices from such forums that prompted BMW to make several changes of E90 design mid term. Don't read them if you are annoyed.
LOL. You're delusional.

Email BMW yourself. Stop polluting the F30 forum with anti-F30 threads. We don't want to see it or hear it any more. You don't care about the ATS. You have an agenda and an awful thread-spamming strategy that annoys legitimate F30 owners.

Stop it now.

BJ

#1,135 ·
Road & Track ATS vs. 328i compro

Read the compro in the November 2012 issue of Road & Track. Two things surprised me.

1. The 328i won this on points by a much larger margin than I expected. The video reviews by C&D and MT indicated that it was much closer.

2. They were able to coax 5.4sec out of the 328i on 0-60. That's the fastest 0-60 reported time yet that I've seen.

#1,136 ·
Read the compro in the November 2012 issue of Road & Track. Two things surprised me.

1. The 328i won this on points by a much larger margin than I expected. The video reviews by C&D and MT indicated that it was much closer.

2. They were able to coax 5.4sec out of the 328i on 0-60. That's the fastest 0-60 reported time yet that I've seen.
None of this matters.

We've had 100 "the 3 Series killer is coming and it's a Cadillac!" threads in the past three months, about 20,000 responses and here's what we found out:

No BMW owner is interested in jumping to Cadillac. In fact, only 1 lonely person says he is going to take a test drive, and it's just to kill time so he can run up his post count.

Let this die. The ATS already has.

BJ

#1,140 · (Edited)
I don't ever use politics as an analogy, it shows the worst of people, there is a reason why political references are often prohibited in all other discussions:) Nor will I ever call others wrong for their car choices.

This has nothing to do with your personal taste or feeling, I am simply pointing out a fact. It would seem a stretch to call those former Bimmer drivers wrong or clueless for choosing the ATS. Maybe some of you intentionally try to sound like a *********, or show your arrogance, to get more people to reinforce their stereotype of the Bimmer drivers and stay away, so that you can gain some exclusivity driving the F30 around.

Who knows, maybe it's working.

When it comes to reliability issues, a lot of those left BMW due to reliability experiences too. It is fair to say if you want a fun car in this segment, lease it or trade it in before the warranty expires.

Speaking of Buick, Verano has enjoyed some surprising successes since it's introduction, and is likely taking some serious bite out of all the entry level luxury market shares.

#1,141 ·
This has nothing to do with your personal taste or feeling, I am simply pointing out a fact. It would seem a stretch to call those former Bimmer drivers wrong or clueless for choosing the ATS. Maybe some of you intentionally try to sound like a *********, or show your arrogance, to get more people to reinforce their stereotype of the Bimmer drivers and stay away, so that you can gain some exclusivity driving the F30 around.
What I want to know is: When are you jumping off the BMW brand and picking up your brand new Cadillac?

What's the date? October 29? November 10?

BJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.