BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

People's Reactions To You Driving A BMW?

142K views 1K replies 201 participants last post by  beden1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
reaction to you driving a BMW

So far from my experience, they have been neutral to negative (regarding random people on the street). Majority of the time I just see people staring. However, some times they are just rude.

For example, when driving, they will not let you into a lane, tailgate, beep their horns for the most random reason, etc. Park your car in a nearly empty parking lot away from everybody else...you come back, and somebody parks right next to you, making it difficult to open your door.

It might stem from jealousy or previous experiences with BMW owners. For example, some idiot kids that drive used bmws leaning back in their cars blasting music, showing off, thinking they've made it in life lol :rofl:. I can see why it might rub people the wrong way.

For the most part I don't mention at all the car I drive and where I live but when some old(or new) friends want to meet up and they see me pulling up in the BMW, or even see my house for the first time, they normally ask all kinds of questions and are genuinely interested, and have no negative feelings. It seems to be a whole different story for strangers. :dunno:

You guys?

See less See more
#1,017 ·
I come from two previous e92's which I always thought to have a beautiful flowing line to them... BUT I never got any second looks.
With my new F32 i get people stopping to check out the car all the time, cars slow down to look at it constantly, i find people looking into it when i return to it at a parking lot, i get multiple thumbs up from people who either are crossing the street, walking by,or parking attendants.
I am really impressed with all the attention it gets, especially since i'm in NYC and people aren't always excited to compliment.

#1,018 ·
I come from two previous e92's which I always thought to have a beautiful flowing line to them... BUT I never got any second looks.
With my new F32 i get people stopping to check out the car all the time, cars slow down to look at it constantly, i find people looking into it when i return to it at a parking lot, i get multiple thumbs up from people who either are crossing the street, walking by,or parking attendants.
I am really impressed with all the attention it gets, especially since i'm in NYC and people aren't always excited to compliment.
I think the color (which is great) has a lot to do with it as NYC is a sea of black, gray and white BMWs. Your color really stands out and would certainly get my attention.

CA

#1,035 ·
911's cause desire never jealousy otherwise love my Bimmer... Actually thinking about a 6 sometime in the near future only thing holding me back is the freakin size! Love not to big a car View attachment 453526

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
As much as I like the 6 it has the disadvantages of a large car (size but primarily weight) but not the obvious advantages the advantages as the interior and particularly the rear seat is very cramped.

The 7 is big and heavy but the interior is very roomy and the back seat of a 750il is a great place to ride. It also is amazing agile for such a large, heavy car.

#1,036 ·
Hey ca hope all is well.. Agree on that weight thing but although not "that" large I recently did a test drive and it felt twice the size!! 7's are fine just not me. I'm running outta choice captain. Have you checked prices on the m4?? You have to be kidding!!

#1,037 · (Edited)
Hey ca hope all is well.. Agree on that weight thing but although not "that" large I recently did a test drive and it felt twice the size!! 7's are fine just not me. I'm running outta choice captain. Have you checked prices on the m4?? You have to be kidding!!

The M4 prices are getting stupid.
I am considering the Jaguar F Type but it would have to be a coupe as the convertible has very limited luggage space and whatever I end up with will be doing duty for Costco runs.

I an also curious as to what Jaguar will replace the XK with but that probably will not hit the market for a while (I have heard 2017 at the earliest)

#1,038 ·
Ever since Jag did that Ford thing they lost me. not familiar with the inventory either.They're currently owned by an India group correct?? Anyways it's a thought.Ever check out the E class coupe? I'm sure it's a rolling sofa but looks nice & the same with the C350 Coupe.

#1,042 · (Edited)
Ever since Jag did that Ford thing they lost me. not familiar with the inventory either.They're currently owned by an India group correct?? Anyways it's a thought.Ever check out the E class coupe? I'm sure it's a rolling sofa but looks nice & the same with the C350 Coupe.

I had a C Class last year for two months as a rental in Florida. It was a nice car but nothing to get enthusiastic about.

This is the Jag F-Type Coupe.

I have not driven one but a friend test drove the roadster version on the road and on the track for a Road and Track article and liked it a lot. He compared it to a Porsche Boxster. He felt they were both great road cars but preferred the Porsche as a track car,

I am not interested in either of them as a track car and have always liked Jags and have had several (an XK120 a Mark 9, an XKR and XJ Sedans.

I am going to test drive a Jag and an M4 in the next few weeks.

#1,053 ·
After my Porsche, this new Jag would be on my list. Pure sex on wheels and the first Jaguar that turns me on since the XKE.

It's very rare to see a convertible version around here but I do see them in Florida. Maybe it's because of the local Jaguar/Land Rover dealers? When I was out looking for a new SUV, the one dealer told me that I was not their kind of customer because I was unwilling to consider buying a Range Rover long body at list price. :dunno:

#1,041 ·
I live on Long Island New York.every kid and Adult has A BMW BenZ or Audi. And weekend cars are usually Ferrari's or Bentleys..... You get a lot of 3&5's but you do see the few cars that stand out ! Example the guy in the M6 that has the plate that says (((RIP M3))) in BMW Blue. Which I think is sick!

When people see me they do check to see who is in the car and it's always a quick glare. A lot of people trying racing

#1,049 ·
I reside in Fairfield County & It's mostly The the three from Germany...Porsche are also spotted frequently. The Bentley/Ferrari thing pops but really to me I don't find them terribly appealing. an acquaintance of mine that makes mega $$$ and resides in Belle Haven drives a Jetta & a 3 wagon!! Doesn't care, Now that's pretty cool. Just a fun fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.