BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

MY 2016 3 Series LCI: Pricing and Ordering Guides

151K views 498 replies 93 participants last post by  sedate_driver 
#1 · (Edited)
2016 F30 3 series LCI

The 2016 3 Series Sedan - The Ultimate Sports Sedan

• Lifecycle impulse freshening for all 3 Series Sedans and Sports Wagons.
  • New 340i Sedan features new 320 hp TwinPower Turbo Inline 6-cylinder (B58 engine details).
  • Standard Sport Line on the 328i, 328d and 340i models (including xDrive).
  • New Track Handling Package available for gasoline-powered models.
  • Available Navigation system now with over-the-air map updates.
  • LED headlights now available (optional 320i, 328i, 328d and standard on 340i).
  • New 330e first-ever plug-in hybrid 3 Series announced.

2016 BMW 4 Series Coupe and Convertible Pricing

BMW announces the latest enhancement to its brand shaping 3 Series with the introduction of the 2016 BMW 3 Series. Accounting for around 25 percent of total BMW worldwide vehicle sales, the BMW 3 Series Sedan and Sports Wagon represent the brand's most successful model line with over 14 million sales globally. For the 2016 model year, the new 3 Series receives a range of enhancements highlighting dynamics, supporting the vehicle's true emotional commitment to the brand and its customers. The introduction of the BMW 340i, marks the world premier of the all new B58 inline 6-cylinder gasoline engine, producing 320hp with 330 lb-ft of torque. This new modular BMW EfficientDynamics engine features BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology, combining unbeatable performance with outstanding efficiency. [more B58 engine details]

Read more about the 2016 BMW F30 LCI 3 Series

The MY2016 3 Series Sedan (F30) receives a Lifecycle Impulse (LCI) as of July 2015, and there are several updates to be aware of. In addition to enhancements made at the factory, standard equipment and pricing have changed versus MY15, most notably: 328i, 328d and 340i models receive Sport Line as standard equipment, enhancing the visual and perceived quality inside and out.

Read the driving reviews of the 2016 340i - LCI F30 3 series

There are also changes to how SULEV engines and Manual Transmission will be offered on 328i models. As of July 2015 production, all 328i models will be produced with SULEV engines (N26), with one exception: a 328i Rear-wheel drive model with an N20 (non-SULEV engine) that can only be equipped with a manual transmission.

Therefore, please consider the following when ordering a 328i model Rear-wheel drive model:
  • Model 163N is equipped with N20 (non-SULEV engine), Rear-wheel drive with manual transmission only. In other words:
    • If you wish to order a 328i with a manual transmission, you must order model 163N
    • The 6-speed Manual transmission is the only transmission available for this model code
    • Production of model 163N will be based upon dealer order bank requests. If the order bank request is entered prior to the 15th of the month, it will be filled within the next allocation.
  • Model 163O is equipped with N26 (SULEV engine), Rear-wheel drive with 8-speed sport automatic transmission only. In other words:
    • If you wish to order a 328i with an automatic transmission, you must order model 163O
    • The 8-speed Sport Automatic transmission is the only transmission available for this model code

Detailed overview of changes for the MY2016 3 Series Sedan.

LCI Changes: Exterior
  • New Front bumper design: more width to the air intakes, expresses a broader stance
  • New Halogen Headlight design with LED daytime running lights
  • New LED fog light
  • New Rear bumper design: expresses a broader stance
  • New Rear LED Lights in L-Shape
  • Enlarged exhaust pipes

LCI Changes: Interior
  • Chrome Accents surrounding the Front and Rear Air vents
  • Chrome Accent near buttons for electric windows
  • Improved Navigation Unit: new hardware, better performance, faster start-up of navigation and Voice Command, navigation map update over the air, more realistic presentation of city details
  • New standard wood trim: Fineline Anthracite Wood Trim with Pearl Gloss chrome highlight trim
  • Door accents according to trim accent (similar to 3 Series GT and 4-Series Models)
  • Improved Child Seat handling
  • Center-stack changes:
    • High-gloss black
    • Pearlescent chrome applications for radio/climate control
    • Revised Automatic climate control display: white (vs. orange)
    • Ambient lighting surrounding the center-stack
    • Sliding cover for cup holders

Improved Performance:
  • New Chassis setup for significantly improved steering, braking and handling
  • New, stiffer Front Strut Towers
  • New Rear Damper Technology
  • New Electric power steering
  • Enhanced Steptronic Automatic Transmission
  • 5 Suspension Anchor Points vs. 3

Summary of standard equipment changes for the MY2016 F30 3 Series Sedan:

summary of standard equipment changes for the MY2016 F30 3 Series Sedan

Package Changes
Please note the following Lines and Package changes on the MY2016 F30 3 Series Sedan:

Sport Line (ZSL)
Sport Line is no longer available. Many of the contents from ZSL have been integrated into the standard equipment profile of all 328i, 328d and 340i models (including xDrive), including the following Exterior measures:
  • High-gloss black finisher surrounding the air-intakes with aluminum-style decorative element
  • High-gloss black kidney grille
  • High-gloss black B-pillar
  • High-gloss black element on rear bumper
  • Tailpipe trim in black chrome

And the following Interior measures:
  • Sport seats
  • Anthracite headliner
  • Instrument cluster with specific dial printing and chrono-scaling
  • Sport leather steering wheel with red stitching (N/A with Saddle Brown or Venetian Beige)
  • Key Fob with clasp in red
  • Saddle Brown Dakota Leather upholstery (LCDJ) is now available for 328i, 328d and 340i models. Luxury Package is not required for a Saddle Brown interior.

Luxury Line (ZLL)
Luxury Line is no longer available for 328i, 328d and 340i models. It has been replaced by Luxury Package (ZPL) as a $0 cost option.
  • For customers who do not wish to receive Sport seats, option code ZNS Non Sport seats for Luxury Package is available
  • Dakota Leather is required
  • Premium Package is required for 328i and 328d models
  • Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Interior (LCDY) is slightly different for Luxury Package, as the lower portion of the dash is also a Saddle Brown color (vs. Black)

M Sport Line (ZMM)
M Sport Line is no longer available. It has been replaced by M Sport Package (ZMP).
  • Saddle Brown Dakota Leather upholstery (LCDJ) is available in combination with ZMP

Premium Package (ZPP)
  • No longer includes Leather Dakota (LC)
  • LED Headlilghts (5A2) have been integrated in place of Leather Dakota

Cold Weather Package (ZCW)
  • No longer includes retractable headlight washers (502).
  • The price of the package has been reduced from $950 to $800

Track Handling Package (ZTR)
  • Track Handling Package (ZTR) is now available for all 3 Series Sedan models, excluding Diesel models (328d and 328d xDrive). This package includes:
  • 18" V-spoke Orbit Grey wheel, style 398 (23N), with Michelin Super Sport Tires
  • M Sport Brakes (2NH)
  • Adaptive M Suspension (2VF)
  • Variable Sport Steering (2VL)

Option Changes
Please note the following changes to stand-alone options for the MY2016 F30 3 Series Sedan:

Trim codes have been combined with highlight trim finisher codes:
  • 4FT = 4AD Brushed Aluminum + 4DL Black high-gloss
  • 4FU = 4CE Anthracite Wood + 4DM Pearl gloss chrome
  • 4FW = 4AB Dark Burl Walnut + 4DM Pearl gloss chrome
  • 4GA = 4EZ Ash Wood Trim w/ Inlay + 4DM Pearl gloss chrome
  • 4WF (M Sport) = 4MR Aluminum Hexagon + 4DX Estoril Blue Matte
  • 4WG (MSport) = 4MR Aluminum Hexagon + 4DL Black high-gloss

Please note:
  • 4AT High-Gloss Black Trim is no longer available for MY16
  • 4DN Coral Red matte trim finisher is no longer available for MY16

5DP Parking Assistant Feature:
  • While the 1st generation could only park parallel to the road between two vehicles, the 2nd generation is able to park perpendicular to the road (in a parking bay).

B45 Estoril Blue Metallic Paint:
  • Due to production capacity constraints, paint B45 Estoril Blue Metallic is a P1 option for the start of MY16 ordering. BMW NA may be able to open up B45 Estoril Blue Metallic at a later date, only if capacity allows.

BMW F30 LCI 3 Series Sedan Pricing

2016 F31 3 series 330e eDrive pricing

2016 BMW 3 Series 330e eDrive

The BMW 330e represents the next evolution of the beloved and iconic BMW 3 Series. Combining BMW's award-winning 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine with a lithium-ion powered electric motor, the 330e delivers the legendary power you expect from a BMW with groundbreaking fuel efficiency: combined output of 248 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque that propels the 330e from 0-60 in just 5.9 seconds.

Powertrain
The 330e combines BMW's award-winning 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine with an electric motor, powered by a lithium-ion battery, integrated into its 8-speed automatic transmission. The 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine generates a maximum output of 180 hp and 215 lb-ft of peak torque and features a TwinScroll turbocharger, High Precision Injection, VALVETRONIC fully variable valve lift control, and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing. The additional electric motor provides peak torque that is available from a stand-still in typical electric drive fashion. This has the effect of boosting the engine's output for instantaneous responsiveness and power build-up with no delay when accelerating from stationary, as well as far more dynamic performance whenever a quick burst of speed is required. Thanks to its duo of drive units, intelligent hybrid powertrain control and permanent all-wheel drive, the BMW 330e promises effortless performance and outstanding efficiency.

Read more about the 2016 BMW 330e eDrive

BMW F30 3 Series 330e eDrive Pricing

2016 F31 3 series wagon pricing ordering

2016 BMW LCI 3 Series Sport Wagon

Changes to the 2016 sport wagon fall in line with the sedan changes listed above.

BMW 3 Series LCI Sports Wagon Pricing

2016 BMW 3 series GT pricing ordering

2016 BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo

Changes to the standard equipment:
  • Anti-theft Alarm system (302) is now standard on all BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo models.
  • 18" Wheel, Style 397 (2A5) is now standard on all BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo models.
  • Sport Line (7AC) is now standard on all BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo models:
  • Harman/Kardon Surround Sound (688) is now standard on 335i xDrive Gran Turismo.
  • Comfort Access Keyless Entry (322) is now standard on 335i xDrive Gran Turismo.
  • Lumbar Support (488) is now standard on 335i xDrive Gran Turismo.
  • Satellite Radio with one year subscription (655) will not be standard on BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo models.

Lines and Package changes:

Sport Line (ZSL):
Sport Line is no longer available. Many of the contents from ZSL have been integrated into the standard equipment profile of all BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo models, including the following Exterior measures:
  • High-gloss black finisher surrounding the air-intakes with aluminum-style decorative element
  • High-gloss black kidney grille
  • High-gloss black B-pillar
  • High-gloss black element on rear bumper
  • Tailpipe trim in black chrome

And the following Interior measures:
  • Sport seats
  • Anthracite headliner
  • Instrument cluster with specific dial printing and chrono-scaling
  • Sport leather steering wheel with red stitching (N/A with Saddle Brown or Venetian Beige)
  • Key Fob with clasp in red

Luxury Line (ZLL):
  • Luxury Line is no longer available for the BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Turismo models. It has been replaced by Luxury Package (ZPL) as a $0 cost option.
  • For customers who do not wish to receive Sport seats, option code ZNS Non Sport seats for Luxury Package is available.
  • Dakota Leather is required
  • Premium Package is required for the 328i model
  • Saddle Brown Dakota Leather Interior (LCLX) is slightly different for Luxury Package, as the lower portion of the dash is also a Saddle Brown color (vs. Black).

M Sport (ZMM):
  • M Sport Line is no longer available. It has been replaced by M Sport Package (ZMP).
  • Saddle Brown Dakota Leather upholstery (LCD3) is available in combination with ZMP

Premium Package (ZPP):
  • Premium Package no longer includes Leather Dakota (LC).
  • The price of the package has been reduced from $2,200 to $950.

Changes to standalone options:
  • 4AT ***8211; High-Gloss Black Trim is no longer available.
  • 4DN ***8211; Coral Red matte trim finisher is no longer available.
  • 5DP ***8211; Parking Assistant Feature: While the 1st generation could only park parallel to the road between two vehicles, the 2nd generation is able to park perpendicular to the road (in a parking bay).
  • LCD3 ***8211; Saddle Brown Dakota Leather upholstery (LCD3) is now available for the BMW 3 Series xDrive Gran Tourismo models. Luxury Package is not required for a Saddle Brown interior.
  • Trim codes have been combined with highlight trim finisher codes:
    • 4FT = 4AD Brushed Aluminum + 4DL Black high-gloss
    • 4FU = 4CE Anthracite Wood + 4DM Pearl gloss chrome
    • 4FW = 4AB Dark Burl Walnut + 4DM Pearl gloss chrome
    • 4WF (M Sport) = 4MR Aluminum Hexagon + 4DX Estoril Blue Matte
    • 4WG (MSport) = 4MR Aluminum Hexagon + 4DL Black high-gloss

BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo Pricing

See less See more
#449 ·
Anyone put in order recently for 340i? I ordered mine Thursday with ZMP, ZTR and 21C but was charge $900 for the 21C. MY CA showed me the updated price guide and in there is highlighted in yellow +$900 for 21C. The pricing guide updated JUly 9th and I can't seem to find it anywhere online. It seem some on here was able to get it with no charge and I just want to confirm that is still valid.

#458 ·
So for those of us who ordered the car a while back, the dealer can't just add the $900 back in, can they? Or rather, they WOULDN'T...right? RIGHT?!

#459 ·
My CA caught it and got credited $900 from BMWNA to offset it. It officially changed on 7/23 build sheets to a $900 option. Sorry to those that are stuck. I thought it was a fair trade with losing the fogs on the ZMP+ZTR combo but I guess it all came down to a BMW order system oopsie.

#464 ·
Wondering if someone can confirm this one way or the other: I just built a 328i on BMWUSA and now it shows that you are forced into buying premium package if you get lighting package. Is this is a bug or is this what they are doing now? Under lighting package it lists adaptive LED headlights, automatic high beams and premium package and automatically adds the $2450 package to your build.

#465 ·
Wondering if someone can confirm this one way or the other: I just built a 328i on BMWUSA and now it shows that you are forced into buying premium package if you get lighting package. Is this is a bug or is this what they are doing now? Under lighting package it lists adaptive LED headlights, automatic high beams and premium package and automatically adds the $2450 package to your build. I hope this is not the case because I have no need for premium, esp now that auto dimming mirrors are now standard.

#466 ·
I can confirm. The ordering guide specifically says lighting package requires the premium package. The ordering quide is god. The BYO online tool is garbage.

Also, this makes sense intuitively. The LCI lighting package makes non-adaptive LEDs into adaptive LEDs. Halogens are standard. So how do you get from halogens to the non-adaptive LEDs required for the lighting package? Premium package's halogen --> non-adaptive LEDs.

#471 ·
Platinum Silver Metallic

Has anyone seen Platinum Silver Metallic in person? If yes:
What was your impression?
Is it similar to Space Gray?

Thanks
Bruce

#478 ·
2016 Packages are put together differenly. By example: the M brakes are now with the "Track Package" $2300.

M Sport $3300
Cold Weather Package $800_ Front heated Seats $500
Driver Assistance Plus $1700
M Sport Brakes (With Track Package only $2300)
M Steering Wheel $500
Enhanced USB $500

#480 ·
I saw Platinum Silver Metallic in person this afternoon. Local dealer was very helpful, they pulled out the car (328?) from an indoor parking area to bring it out into the sun.

Yes, there is some light brown in it. The color is intruiging, it varies as you walk around the car and look at it from different angles. The variation is subtle. Sometimes it looks silverish and other times you can see a light brown tinge.

Bruce

#481 ·
A lot of manufacturers seem to be making this color right now. I thought hard about getting it on a Lexus a while back and it just seemed too bronze or gold to me in certain lights. Sometimes it looks just the perfect shade of silver/titanium but in general too brown or bronze for my liking. I think they call it "Atomic Silver." I saw a VW in this color the other day and it looked similar. The best version of this color I've seen is Infiniti and it is called "Liquid Silver."

#484 ·
My first time reading one of these. Is there any way to get 5A2 (non adaptive LED headlights) without having to order the whole Premium package on a 328? Otherwise the LED headlights effectively cost $2450 since I don't really care about the moonroof, etc. Would a dealer do a swap even if it isn't in the official ordering guide?

#485 · (Edited)
You have to get premium to get LED headlights on the 328i. There is no swap the dealer can do, the lights are different, wiring different, programming different. No dealer is going to try to swap them for you. Alternatively you could order the car w/out LED headlights and spend $1300-$2000 retrofitting it with a shop that does that kind of thing.

Or you could just just premium package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.