BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BoltJames

29K views 423 replies 79 participants last post by  nepats81 
#1 ·
How does such a succesful individual who makes enough money to drive a L328i, take the kids to McD's, run the house , etc. have 4.56 threads per day??? The question is how much time does one individual spend on this forum and be able to get things done during a normal business day? Is there a secret BimmerFest Crown he is shooting for? The man is a genius! BJ you must have possibly learned this skill from the boss (wife) who makes bank and passed it on to redefine Multi-Tasking? :bow: Well done sir!

#168 ·
#170 ·
Mr. Feeny?

#180 · (Edited)
I used to love the good old days when Boltjames was at the top of his "status" game back in 2006. Many great outrageous posts.

Question: Where can you go back and re-read some of them? I tried searching "Other Topics" like someone here said but I had no luck.

The only scary thing reading the latest threads is that Boltjames is now saying some of the old stories were actually true! I liked it better when I assumed it was all just fiction for fun.

#183 · (Edited)
I used to love the good old days when Boltjames was at the top of his "status" game back in 2006. Many great outrageous posts.

Question: Where can you go back and re-read some of them? I tried searching "Other Topics" like someone here said but I had no luck.

The only scary thing reading the latest threads is that Boltjames is now saying some of the old stories were actually true! I liked it better when I assumed it was all just fiction for fun.
No sir, he is the real deal. Nothing fiction! Why his entire McMansion is covered will mirrors ... floors, walls, ceilings and such. "... I can't take my eyes off of you, etc" as the song goes...

#191 · (Edited)
Tattoo's Surprise

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic Vintage car
Special day on the Island for Tattoo...he volunteered for "The Boss" to do his laundry after a night out at the local Raging Inferno chicken wing contest. Got it fixed in just 3 washes of Nitrous Bleach! " Way to go Tattoo!" :thumbup: Bolty game him the new L3000 with optional flyaway roof. Climbing the corporate ladder old school style.

#197 ·
And get a bit of sun on that skin. And that hardwood in the background looks like a weak sauce wood, like oak or something, so you should remodel.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#199 ·
I think we all need to write letters to BMW NA insisting they have a new package option available to all models. It should be called 'BOLT ROLEX Package' includes new entry level Rolex with that matches your exterior color. Then they could have a 'BOLT ROLEX Package Plus' they gives you a mid level Rolex, again matching exterior color. Finally a 'BOLT ROLEX Package Plus Plus' gives you a top of the line matching Rolex.

Just think of the resale value your new Beamer would have with this prestigious package option built into the VIN.

What do you say? Start a poll? Followed by a petition?

#212 ·
$485,350 dollars.

That's how much a "top of the line" Rolex costs. So basically, you want BMW to be Porsche and start adding options that cost more than the car itself haha

#213 ·
OK, this is the good stuff I remember. Posts about watches and 1.5 million dollar homes. Yeah, that's the ticket!

We don't need to know about the "stinking" 8 buttons or the Ray Bans with the HUD, we already got all that! Lets drop the F-30 stuff and get back to the Mr. and Mrs. Camry humor.

#215 ·
Once upon a time great man known as Bolt james said the following statement.

"Please note that the new 3 Family Sedan and 3 Station Wagon have no status in the eyes of any BMW owner, old or new, so their opinions don't count.

BJ

Hey Bolt sorry but you drive 3 family sedan with "No Status". A guy with $750K income talking about Rolex, houses, and status drives a family sedan that has no status. :confused:

For once I feel like I have out done you Bolt james with my uber coupe which is no family sedan like yours. Too sad all that $750K could not buy you a car worthy of status:p

#222 ·
Wow. The feedeing frenzy has begun. Slow down folks, Boltjames is an executive but he's not pulling in Larry Ellison money. His status package is to impress Mr. & Mrs. Camry, not us bimmer owners already in the know. Poor guy just doesn't want to be made fun of by his more affluent and influential neighbors. He has a difficult life trying to keep up with those Joneses. Ease up on the guy. He has a Rolex for each time zone but not for each day of the week for Gods sake.

#223 ·
OK. Important and serious consideration. The Roommate (TM) is going to buy me a grooms gift (watch). So I am looking for a watch (about $1,000). Not in the league of Bolty, but I am not a HUGE watch wearer, so don't need to go all crazy. Any suggestions? Things I like:
Metal is preferred over leather straps
I like multiple functions/dials/etc
Self-winding would be awesome
Swiss would be great

Not a fan of Movado, and Rolex is not my thing either.

Please post links or pictures.

#224 ·
Check Tag Heuer F1 series. Everything you asked for. Price included if you search :)

#230 ·
The F1 looks like a nice watch, but it's formula 1 branded. Do we have similar TagHeuer watches that are not that kind of branding? Thanks for the suggestions.

#231 ·
Not for the $1K price point you mentioned.

Take a look at a Tissot Quadrato. Automatic at about $1200, Quartz at about $600.

#234 ·
Oh, don't tell me this thread is about to turn productive. You guys have me looking online for watches now.

#246 · (Edited)
So these are the watches I am thinking about. What do you guys think (quality, type, etc)

Android (not from the phone company) - may not have status, and it's american, but it looks great. I like the color properties of the saphire.
http://www.android-usa.com/product-p/ad636bs.htm

Oris (I enjoy the TItanium - lightweight and less likely to ever rust)
http://www.amazon.com/Oris-Aquis-Chronograph-Titanium-7253-07/dp/B009DIXFFW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376161824&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=oris+aquis+titan+chronograph

Tag Aquaracer (this is the one i liked at the store)
http://www.amazon.com/TAG-Heuer-CAP2112-BA0833-Aquaracer-Chronograph/dp/B0055NBVDM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376324014&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=TAG+Heuer+Men***39%3Bs+CAP2112.BA083

Then these other three tags:
http://www.tourneau.com/shop/gender/all-mens/aquaracer-500-automatic-chronograph-44-mm-3886p

http://www.tourneau.com/shop/gender/all-mens/aquaracer-500m-chronograph-59845p

http://www.tourneau.com/shop/gender/all-mens/aquaracer-automatic-chronograph-42mm-3924p

Oh, and the two watch stores that I went into tried to sell me these "divemaster" watches based on their diving qualities. Both telling me how professional diverse rely on these. I looked at both of them and then schooled them how no diver would EVER rely on these watches for anything that involved diving with the exception of possibly knowing if it's time to leave their home to go to the dive site - and then the watches would go into the dresser. I told them that if they sold the watch under that pretense, and someone tried to use it under that pretense and got hurt - they could be in for a world of lawsuits. That and water 'resistance' doesn't inspire confidence.

#247 ·
BUMP!
Now that we get to serious chatter about status, quality, and looks nobody chimes in?

#248 · (Edited)
This seems like a personal taste issue more than anything. I've personally never liked the Tags because they look like department store watches to me. Of the ones you posted, I'd probably go for the Oris. If I was looking for a new watch for myself, I would look at a Cartier Roadster or the Habring I posted above. (link to photo of a cartier roadster chrono)

While I don't like my watch to be a "status symbol" I also don't want to drop a few grand on a watch that looks like a Fossil or a Diesel out of the case at Macy's, and too many of the Tags just have that look.

That said, you said you were leaning towards the Tag, so you should get the one you like the best...

#249 ·
I agree with your statements. Let's face it, we can get good quality watches that cost $50. Heck, even the my little pony watches you get at the toy stores are accurate - so when we get these watches we want them to stand out a bit. While I am not going around saying to everyone I meet "hey look at my expensive watch" (I'm not BJ 1.0), I still want the sucker to stand out a bit.
I think the Tags are great, but they are posted everywhere. I am leaning more towards the Oris. I like titanium (half the weight of steel, twice the strength...it's like our real-world version of Mithril). The Android peaks my interest, but again, if dropping that much money - how good is this watch. Has anyone heard of these guys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.