BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Bremerhaven to California (waiting at the port)

73K views 1K replies 108 participants last post by  jmlhmbmw1401 
#1 · (Edited)
Been following the "Bremerhaven to NY" thread for a bit just for kicks, so thought I would start a thread for those of us who are on the west coast waiting for our cars to ship.

My 328i M Sport started "production" on September 16th and finished production on September 24th. According to the 800 number, the car is on its way to the "port of exit" today September 26th.

According to the WW website, their ships to Port Hueneme leave Bremerhaven every two weeks. The next ship (Tortugas) leaves on October 5th arriving at Port Hueneme on October 30th. After that ship, the next ship (Elektra) leaves on October 19th arriving at Port Hueneme on November 13th.

From what I have read, BMW does use carriers other than WW.

#172 ·
Elektra is now berthed at what some maps call the "Banana Terminal". The Auto Export dock is open.

#176 ·
Search for "WBA3" in Cargo ID and sort by most recent status update.

Any entry made at Bremerhaven around last night (local) is for the Elektra, there are quite a few. Each has it's own Booking #, so I guess they are ED.

#185 ·
Elektra just docked at the auto export area. No additional cars have shown up on W&W's website.

#190 ·
Using the Freedom as an indication, since it left Bremerhaven at 2013-10-18 19:05. If you put in the VIN WBA3A5G59ENP27153, you will see that it already has the "LOADED ON VESSEL" status. So i would say it shouldn't be too long before we get to see what's loaded on the Elektra.

#198 ·
Elektra has left the auto export dock and is on her way to Zebrugge. Best of luck to all!

#201 ·
And the race is on with Tortugas in the lead and Rigel Leader closing fast.

When I got my JCW, the ship had to wait 3 days before it could enter the Panama Canal, so the Rigel Leader could close the gap.

But I'm guessing it would need to wait just as long as the Tortugas to enter the canal.

#216 ·
I don't think any of the ships we all have been tracking are off the west coast of Mexico at the moment but Hurricane Raymond(Cat 3) is off the coast there. It's the first Cat 3 hurricane in the Northern Hemisphere this year.

Also to JT and the rest of us on the Rigel Leader, not sure if you may have noticed, but the Rigel Leader appears to have sailed a bit more due west towards Bermuda lately and not in a south westerly direction towards Panama like it was. I think this is to avoid Tropical Depression 13. It seems like the Rigel Leader has shifted it's track to avoid TD 13 so I'm not sure if this will delay the ship much for it's arrival time to Port Hueneme. Looks like TD 13 will be heading NE away from Bermuda. Here's the latest info:

DISCUSSION AND 48-HOUR OUTLOOK
------------------------------
AT 1100 AM EDT...1500 UTC...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION
THIRTEEN WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 28.0 NORTH...LONGITUDE 55.1
WEST. THE DEPRESSION IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTHEAST AT 8 MPH...13
KM/H. THIS GENERAL MOTION SHOULD CONTINUE FOR THE NEXT 24
HOURS...FOLLOWED BY A TURN TOWARD THE EAST-NORTHEAST ON TUESDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH...55 KM/H...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS. SOME SLIGHT STRENGTHENING IS POSSIBLE DURING THE NEXT DAY OR
SO...AND THE DEPRESSION IS FORECAST TO BECOME A TROPICAL STORM
LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT. HOWEVER...WEAKENING IS LIKELY TO BEGIN BY
WEDNESDAY.

#217 ·
It looks like the Rigel Leader is stopping in the Port of Brunswick. Could the course correction be taking it there?

#218 · (Edited)
The Rigel Leader was scheduled to stop at Brunswick so its been on a more westerly course than the ships heading from Europe directly to the Panama Canal.

The Elektra sounds like a popular party boat. MonkeyDigs - you may be alone but you will get here first!

The Tortugas is heading into port in Panama.

The Rigel Leader is about 40 miles southwest of Bermuda and 1000 miles from Georgia.

The Sagittarius Leader is just off the tip of Baja and just missed the storm which is about 300 miles south.

#219 ·
Less than 10 days until port. I'm getting really excited. The last few days are going to be tough!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.