BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Who has a car ordered? Production #s

40K views 610 replies 83 participants last post by  RNNY 
#1 · (Edited)
I understand the Munich factory closes down for a few weeks in August. My car was supposedly ordered on 08/11 and I received a Production # last week. I just called the 1-800-831-1117 number and the car (a 428) still doesn't have a production date scheduled yet. My Production number is 382####. Does anyone else with an August order have a production date scheduled yet and what is the production #? The 38th week of the year is 09/15-09/21, is that what it means?

#47 ·
So if I'm not mistaken, there was only one post in this entire discussion that listed enough info to piece together it takes about 1 month from production completion to delivery and that was to Georgia. Is there a consensus about the timing from production completion to arrival on the east coast?

#51 ·
For those heading to or sitting at Bremerhaven and your port of entry is Baltimore (BALPOA on your order sheet)

Next boat leaves on 9-10, Honor.
Scheduled for one stop in the U.K. before Baltimore.

If we are lucky we will get on this boat, scheduled to dock in Baltimore on 9-24

If not that one, two more head out on the 15th. (Tonsberg and Freedom)

#54 ·
My car is at Bremerhaven. 90% chance of contaminated rain landing on it tomorrow. :rofl:

#65 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the scheduled ships and sailing times for the rest of September and October.
This blog post is from 2009 but should prove useful: http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/07/14/how-to-follow-a-new-bmw-from-order-to-shipping-and-to-delivery/

According to that, BMW uses two carriers: "K" Line and Wallenius & Wilhelmsen.

K Line schedules: http://www.kline.com/KAMCarCarrier/Schedules/Car-Carrier_RoRo_Sailing_Schedule.pdf
W&W schedules: http://offices.2wglobal.com/offices/Home/Template?url=http://sagaweb.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/

#67 · (Edited)
Wow! I had no idea you could track the car like this. I just ordered a 428i convertible, Mineral Grey, Sport line, Drivers Assistance package, Technology package, & Harman Kardon. Waiting for it is going to drive me crazy! This will be my first BMW so I am really excited! If you all don't mind can you post this phone # your all talking about or a link to a thread that gives me all the info to track the car? Thanks!!!

#69 ·
Thanks!:thumbup:

#72 ·
Being as I am new to all this.... How long after you order the car do you get the info needed to track its progress? I ordered mine through the dealership if that matters. I was told i would have the vin # in about 4 weeks but that's about all I know so far.

#73 ·
How long after you order the car do you get the info needed to track its progress?
All depends on how quickly the dealer can get a production slot. They have a limited number of slots based on the model. It took my dealer about 3 or 4 weeks to get a slot for an F31 (wagon).

Sometimes dealers trade slots with other dealers so part of it depends on what's out there and how much time they're willing to spending hunting for a trade.

Once they have the slot, they will be able to give you the production # (and possibly the VIN - although my dealer said that they wouldn't have the VIN until production starts). You can track the car via the automated phone system or the bmwusa.com site once you have either of those numbers.

#74 ·
Thanks for the info! I was told I got the last slot when I ordered the car so I will contact my sales guy and ask him for the production #. All this waiting and unknown is killing me. ahhhh.

#76 ·
Bha! Got my production #, called the 800 No. Not scheduled for production yet. :bawling::cry:

#78 ·
Choose the option to talk to a live person -- you might get more info. Automated system seems to be out of date by at least a few days, maybe more, and doesn't have all the statuses. I was able to get a confirmed production week by talking to a human about 2 weeks ago, but the website still shows status as 'processing your order'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.