BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M Sport Badge

42K views 379 replies 97 participants last post by  captainaudio 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2014 328i M Sport to replace our 2011 328i I personally didn't like a few things with the new car but have learned to like it. Can't get over steering but it's not my car it's my wifes. On to the question. Has anyone ever put an M Sport badge on the trunk of the car? I know your saying they make one? I want to purchase an M badge and a chrome sport badge and put them together on the trunk. What do you think? So it's not just the M badge alone. The car is an M sport so I figured this would be acceptable.

#38 ·
A sense of humor around here is essential. Appreciated. I salute you my Bimmerfest Bro for Life.

Your offer is especially kind because I am but a poor schmuck driving an F31 Luxury line, for which I paid $2400 extra and no one knows!! I sometimes worry that people will think I'm a "no line"guy.

I have no Sporty cred, so please send me the M Sport package text and I will photoshop it in to my window sticker. Why not Luxury And M Sport? After all, I am the World's Most Interesting Man!

How about a bumper sticker that reads "my luxury line is just as quick as your M Sport."

Somebody direct this poor lost soul to BJ's cred thread! LMAO.

#45 ·
tturedraider,

Yes I missed it, sorry. The m badges come on the m sport from the factory like that? That looks good to me. The bumper reflectors are painted? Is that aftermarket? If they come from the factory that way this could cause problems for me again.

#50 · (Edited)
minn19, Your car is so impressive. Love it. What color interior does it have?

tturedraider, So why not the m badges for US models? Well if BMW puts them on M Sport models already, then I feel it's ok BMW is already doing it. Many people in the states like to make their car look like european versions and vise versa.

Bear, I've seen that and it looked good as well for sure. Like everyone has stated how many M badges are needed? My car will have 18 M logos after exhaust install.

#55 · (Edited)
BMW325, BMW actually makes a sport badge 51147327750 Not what I consider a keeper though.

Minn19 That's sweet! My white 328 is Dakota Red and I love it!

As far as putting an M badge on my M Sport I researched a little and have come to the rationalization that the M logo by itself is simply a BMW line, such as M Sport. As long as It's not being used in conjunction with a number after it M3 ect. 100% correct. In the description for ordering the M badges for the fenders it states, For vehicles with M Aerodynamics package. M Sport has M aerodynamics package so putting an M badge would be completely correct. So I feel it comes down to aesthetics and your personal taste. You would technically not be wrong in doing so.

#60 ·
The farthest I've gone in regards to M badging is that I coded my iDrive start up screen to the M animation, but it doesn't even do it half the time. Seems quite random when my car actually wants to display the start up animation.

Oh wait I added the M laptimer and M sport displays also, but the sport display is pretty much identical other than the torque and HP indicators are red and silver instead of "BMW amber"

#66 ·
It's personal preference, but seems a bit tacky to add some aftermarket badging and screams "I'm trying to impress you" as posted earlier, those that know will laugh and those that don't, probably are impressed just for the fact it's a BMW. It's an option package and most people don't badge their cars with the option packages...it's like on my very humble 320, i'm not going to add premium to the back...I'm sure you get my point...

#69 · (Edited)
Who cares in my opinion... they put that ///M on exhuast tips, rims, interior trim, steering wheel, side skirts, brakes, door sills, floor mats, etc. If you had your car fully decked out in M performance gear that is about TWENTY TWO ///M logos. What's 2 more? LOL If you want it on your fender... put it there. I wouldn't worry about what these guys think that much. Chances are NOONE on this forum is EVER going to see your car in real life. Do what makes you happy. It's your car. - Oops forgot about the M performance foot rest... that's 23. hahahaha

#82 ·
Bear, I like the fact that someone with your pedigree has did this as well. I was going to purchase the M Performance Rocker Panel Film Strips but I didn't like the size and color of the decal so opted for just the lettering like you did.

#83 ·
Bear, Does your 13 or 14 BMW's climate control come on automatically when you start the car even though it was off before you shut off the car? I'm just curious because mine comes on every time on start up regardless of the last used setting.

#84 · (Edited)
Don't know, will have to try it out. I just leave mine in Auto all the time & dial in the temp based on the weather that day.

I have the MPPK/MPE so the decals came with the car. Decided they were not over the top so did not take them off.

#86 ·
Interesting, my 2011 would retain settings including if shut off would remain off on start up. I'm partial to the turn it on when i want it on method since I prefer the windows down and sunroof open as often as the weather permits. I read a post about this and he said it was like coming home from work and the TV turns on by itself but i don't want to watch TV? So I have to shut it off. If anyone knows a way to have the climate remain off at startup that would be great. I can't find an answer anywhere.

#87 ·
I can understand why people might not want the AC to come on automatically but why not the fan? I always want some ventilation, and the fan, at a low speed is very unobtrusive.

Now, here's what's really weird. If the AC is running when the car is shutoff, you CANNOT shutoff the AC and go to fan-only mode for the first 10 minutes or so after restart. You can hit the AC button and the green light goes off. But the air is still being cooled, and it continues to do so for quite some time -- regardless how cold and dry it is outside. No one has been able to explain this odd behavior. It's not just F10s -- F30s too.

#89 ·
Robert, I haven't used the A/C yet it's too cold up north. That's very interesting, I never use the A/C as well I love the fresh air and the fact my windows were up all winter why keep them up all summer too? Anyway I will ask my service department and report back on this.

dhstadt, The license plate? The stickers or both? I respect your opinion.

#94 ·
dhstadt, OK. It is however a oem sticker but I feel the same way about the entire side sill sticker. How do you feel about BMW's GT2 Race Car stickers?

Robert, I have tried every combination and no can do. I had it once not come on but I can't confirm if my wife shut it off or what the last setting was. To be continued, literally.

pointandgo, Nice badge, never saw that one before. That looks like a rear badge for sure. I prefer the stickers on the side sills. They sell these too if you like stickers.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.