BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2016 Navigation Map Updates

80K views 660 replies 281 participants last post by  shawnsheridan 
#1 · (Edited)
2017 Navigation Map Updates (Updated)

2016 Navigation Map Updates are starting to be released.

Available now are the following 2016 Maps:

North America PREMIUM 2016-1 (CIC Systems)

North America NEXT 2016-1 (NBT Systems)

North America ROUTE 2016-1 (ENTRYNAV Systems)

A VIN Specific 2016 Map FSC Coded is needed to install a new map.

If you want to update, and need both FSC Code and Map, I have an excellent source.

PM me for details.

See less See more
#166 ·
Good to hear. Those are Gerry's instructions though.

#167 ·
I had a glitch with the install and Gerry worked with me to resolve it. He checked my thumb drive remotely and when he didn't see anything amiss, suggested I re-extract the compressed files and try again. I did that and it worked fine the second time. Dunno why. He answered my emails almost instantly. I did the install in my garage on the battery tender. Although the screen went dark after a few minutes, the download continued until complete. No issues with the maps being off either.

BTW, I use a Sandisk Utra Fit low profile thumb drive in the console to play Podcasts and music that I want to listen to, but maybe not commit to the hard drive. 64gb USB3 at about $20 and the low profile means it won't break off in the USA port. Text Font

#169 ·
Correct. No 2016 Maps for Australia / New Zealand yet.

#170 ·
I just successfully finished updating from Premium 2013-1A to Premium 2016-1. I purchased a lifetime FSC code from a seller on eBay for $30 and it worked just fine. I'll have to wait for the next update to see if it's truly a multi-use code. Like yankeeblues, I used a Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 low-profile flash drive. (Bought a 32 GB one on Amazon for under $12.) Start to end the process took just a little over an hour and was problem-free.

#171 ·
New 2016 Map releases of interest:

- Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2016-1
- Road Map Europe NEXT 2016-1

#172 ·
New 2016 Map releases of interest:

- Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2016-1
- Road Map Europe NEXT 2016-1

#175 ·
Hello, Im a first time BMW owner. I just got a 2011 BMW 328i xdrive. the navigation system that came with the car is a 112.9104.12 Road Map North America Premium 2010 version. i like to update the maps to the newer version. can you please advice whats the difference between 2010 and this new version and also can you please let me know how i can get the maps on my car updated? thanks in advance.

#177 ·
I have a question. I bought the USB update from the dealer, thinking I'd give them my business. It was 40 bucks for the stick and 110 for the FSC code. I asked if it was the 2016-1 update and was told yes it was the latest. I did the update this weekend and come to find out BMW NA is selling 2015-1 on usb stick! I talked to the dealer, that's what they were sent (had to order the NBT update). I then talked to BMW Genius (hardly), and was told to talk to parts as that's what they are showing on line. I asked him is the moral to this story that I shouldn't do the honorable thing and give BMW NA my business and buy the internet version? I explained it's your SW so why is BMW NA selling SW as the latest update that is two versions old? There is a 2015-2 and 2016-1.

My last email was to BMW Customer relations, and was a little less cordial. No response as of yet. Why do they do this to people?

#178 ·
... Why do they do this to people?
When they sell a Retail version of Map Update, it is always one or two versions behind. I have no idea why, but that's just how it is.

#188 · (Edited)
Hi Shawn

I was just wondering if it's worth updating the versions every 3-6 months when you can get better (and more accurate) google map updates for free on your phone. I did buy an initial update but find that it's been rapidly outdated.

Just a philosophical question on if I should continue updating when there really is no end in sight. No matter what version I buy, it will always get updated. So I guess it's just going with Google maps hence forth.

Thanks for your help on the coding a while back.

#189 ·
Hi Shawn

I was just wondering if it's worth updating the versions every 3-6 months when you can get better (and more accurate) google map updates for free on your phone. I did buy an initial update but find that it's been rapidly outdated.

Just a philosophical question on if I should continue updating when there really is no end in sight. No matter what version I buy, it will always get updated. So I guess it's just going with Google maps hence forth.

Thanks for your help on the coding a while back.
North America Maps are updated twice per year. Personally, I much prefer Navigation on Car CID Screen than I do phone, even with a large Note 4, so updating twice per year is no problem for me. It also makes zero sense to me to have expensive car, with $2500 Navigation Option for it to be outdated and unused.

#193 ·
#195 ·
You can update you to Europe EVO 2016-1.

PM sent.

#198 ·
#200 ·
Japan PREMIUM 2016 for CIC and Japan NEXT 2016 for NBT is available.

You need to enable PM function though:

"quinaquen has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages."