BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What did you do to your F3X today?

75K views 514 replies 130 participants last post by  F30Stock 
#1 ·
I'm surprised there is no thread like this here. Post up what you did to you F3X. It can be anything like a car wash, exhaust, wheels, lowered...And pics or it didn't happen :rofl:

The more details the better, i.e. brands, parts, retailer, product...

I will start posting my mods here, once I take delivery of my unicorn.

#2 ·
As of Tuesday afternoon, the F30 is gone, now have a M240i. Pretty awesome car.

#6 ·
Heading to the dealership today to have my winter rims/tires switched to summer rims/tires....will post a picture(s) once everything is installed...

#9 ·
Snicked it into Sport+ mode yesterday for the very first time. Don't think it does much over Sport mode other than turn off traction control. I don't drive on a track, so think I'll just leave it in Sport mode :drive:

#16 ·
Picking up my new 2018 440i Coupe tomorrow. Already bought RW Carbon CF Front grilles and CF side grilles a week ago. No pics, because I don't have the car yet. I'll be installing new CF parts this weekend.
Will post pics when done.
Here is my build: 440i Coupe (F32), Esoril Blue (B45), Black Dakota with Blue Stitching (LCNL), Aluminum Dark Carbon trim (4MN), 21W (19" wheels), ZL0, ZL1, ZMP, ZPX, ZTR, MPE, 5AG & 5AS.
Can't wait...

#17 · (Edited)
Since the topic is " What did you do to your F3X today", I made my car sit outside so that mrs. jummo's new X1 could spend the night in the garage.

Yesterday, it thought it was going to Denver for a brake fluid change and had no idea we were adopting another.

Today was even worse, the new 440xi Snapper Rocks Blue with Cognac Leather and a bunch of msport stuff loaded onto the Tosca in Bremerhaven.

And my car has no idea, all it knows is it's outside and it's dark.

Yeah, that's what I did to my car today.

jummo

#18 ·
Performed an oil/filter change [emoji846]. Aft engine mounted oil filter housing is inconvenient but it's still a pretty easy job.....Nice looking vert jackieeeexd!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

#26 ·
Installed the JB+. It took 6 minutes but 5 of those were waiting to be sure it had completely gone to sleep before plugging it in. My overweight xDrive Convertible can almost get out of it's own way now.

#27 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Today, I put the bike rack on. Last week the car was on a ski trip to Mammoth (with a few days in Death Valley for good measure) and now it is ready to haul our Mtn. Bikes around CO.

It still doesn't know its replacement is on a ship and it's still living outside.

That's what I did to my car today.

jummo

#59 ·
View attachment 597341

Today, I put the bike rack on. Last week the car was on a ski trip to Mammoth (with a few days in Death Valley for good measure) and now it is ready to haul our Mtn. Bikes around CO.

It still doesn't know its replacement is on a ship and it's still living outside.

That's what I did to my car today.

jummo
OEM bike rack? How many bikes can you haul?

#35 ·
Quick wash.

#40 · (Edited)
added screen mirroring via coding so I can have waze on the big idrive screen and wife and kid can watch kodi/movies/YouTube on our trips!
Don't tease, how did you code your idrive to do that? I know bimmwetech has a solution, but I thought it was more than coding...It's great news for the community, if coding is all that's required for phone mirroring.

#41 ·
I have the Bimmer Tech mirror system and it required a hard wire installation with the box so that the phone could connect to the Box through screen mirroring. The Aux port is used for mirror box.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Bimmerfest mobile app

#42 ·
I did it over the weekend but I added a Naviks rearview camera interface and rear camera with wireless transmitters.

Naviks F30 Rear Camera Interface $299: http://naviks.com/i-24075405-2012-2...ng-guide-lines-dpgl.html?ref=category:1136682

The camera was from Amazon $24: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CU98BWW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used a wireless transmitter because I was lazy and didn't want to run cable from the back to the Naviks interface $16: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KXJPO6W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Overall it was fairly straight forward install, similar to other vendor kit installs. The only thing that caused me trouble was power to the rear wireless transmitter. Ended up having to connect it to the outlet in the trunk as the reverse light didn't provide enough power. That wasn't terrible, just popped it off and wire tapped it into the wires behind the plug and then ran the wires to the camera under the liners. The rear camera looks pretty good, don't know if I could tell any difference with a more expensive one, unless this one doesn't last long :dunno: The trunk unlocking mechanism works fine with it. I did notice a static like picture twice in 4 days by setting it to reverse and adjusting my steering wheel right away with the wireless that I would be sure if I hardwired the camera it wouldn't be an issue. I0t lasted maybe 5 seconds at most.

The Naviks instructions were pretty good when it came to the removal of the display and optical wire and hooking up their plug and play harness. Their directions lacked how to hook up the FAKRA cables. You need take your original FAKRA cable and connect it to the "LCD In" location on the interface box and Back to the head unit. You then need to run the new longer FAKRA from the "LCD out" to the display. Their is also a "rear detection" wire and "rear camera" power which I used the rear camera power to hook up the wireless transmitter. The rear detection was not needed, not sure what model it is needed on, but could be confusing for someone down the road. Link to their install video below:

Naviks Install Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeLiia_Zl0I

The picture looks good and the dynamic parking lines move and look great and accurate so far even without PDC. I only opted for the rear camera but could have added a front camera on this interface as well. They also have another interface that includes hookups for a smartphone mirror as well for an extra $100.

Attachments

#44 ·
I swapped out the black single slat kidney grills for carbon fiber double slat.

stock:

comparison:

post-install:

I think I like it but need a carbon fiber front splitter now to balance out the look and other exterior cf components with a carbon fiber rear diffuser. gotta figure it out but looks good as a whole, for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.