New #1? C/D F-Pace - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)

X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
The second generation X3 added style and new features to the BMW's mid-sized SUV. Talk about the BMW F25 X3 with other X3 owners now!

Old 04-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 X3 35i M Sport DHP
New #1? C/D F-Pace

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

BMW better have a significant upgrade on their hands. If not, I am out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 X3 Black Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick2015 View Post
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review

BMW better have a significant upgrade on their hands. If not, I am out!
Last week I sat in an F Pace at the Jag dealer next to, and owned by, the Audi dealership where we bought our Q5. It was there for 3 days before moving on to other dealers in the area. A really nice vehicle. Prices go up quickly with options and Jaguar's reliability hasn't been too good (maybe it's improving) but a real looker.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 X3 35i M Sport DHP
5yr/60k full maintenance.

S model @57.

Tough argument, and for those that want some added size without going full out X5 size, can't think of a more perfect (and performing) vehicle on sale right now.

What a compelling vehicle this is. Only thing that I am waiting on is the X3M40i and/or the X3M. One year, going to be a very long one!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2016, 09:33 PM

Mein Auto: 96Impreza,07Vette,11X335i
When will the F-Pace Tatas come out in full production and fill dealer showrooms?
'11 BMW X3 35i, white
Old 04-28-2016, 10:21 PM

Mein Auto: Deutsch Automobil
Quote:

S model @57.
Once you start adding heated/cooled seats, HUD, full leather, ACC, etc, it's closer to $70k. More than the equivalent X3, less than the equivalent Macan.

Far more powerful and better handling than the X3 though.

It is tempting for sure. Can't wait to drive one.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2019 X3 Black Sapphire
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_Impreza View Post
When will the F-Pace Tatas come out in full production and fill dealer showrooms?
The guy at the dealership said they are hoping for some arrivals later in May. I just read that Jag has 10k pre-orders worldwide (2K of them in the U.S.) for the F Pace.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: 328D
Our local dealer has 3 sitting on his lot. One is a base model,one premium and the R Sport which I drove. I love the look of the car, it drove well but with a MSRP of 61K the fit and finish could not compare to the X 5 I have on order. We took it out for a long test drive and looked over the car really well. The instruments are nice but it's the little things like the plastic glove box, plastic door pockets that look very low end. I expected that on the base model but not the higher end R Sport. The sports seats were nice but the leg room in both the front and back is smaller than expected. The size appears to be between an X3 and X5. I do like the exterior look of this car and the drive is nice but expected more in the interior. We also didn't feel the gas tank size of 16.5 gallons was appropriate even for this small SUV.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:27 AM

Mein Auto: 08 E93 335i & 14 X3 35
Quote:

S model @57.

Tough argument, and for those that want some added size without going full out X5 size, can't think of a more perfect (and performing) vehicle on sale right now.

What a compelling vehicle this is. Only thing that I am waiting on is the X3M40i and/or the X3M. One year, going to be a very long one!!!!
Just because it's got full maintenace doesn't mean it's reliable... Sure, you won't pay for fixing things, but it's a PITA to have to go in for service anymore than you have to, once a year... BTDT with a Volvo XC70... Why I got rid of it in fact.

The car's listed at 186 inches long, compared to the X3 which is 184 inches. The X5 though is 193 inches long. It's only a couple of inches wider and longer than the X3. How can you say the F Pace would be closer to the X5 than an X3?

I am really curious how they managed to get 34 cu ft. of cargo space, compared to the X3's 28... I have to see it in person to believe it and see if it's usable space. Its passenger volume is listed as 96 cu ft, and as hard as I tried to find the X3's, I couldn't but most of the other cars like the X3, such as the Q5 were ~100 cu ft. So it's not like the Jag reduced dramatically its passenger area to get cargo space...
Old 06-06-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post

I am really curious how they managed to get 34 cu ft. of cargo space, compared to the X3's 28... I have to see it in person to believe it and see if it's usable space.
Its passenger volume is listed as 96 cu ft, and as hard as I tried to find the X3's, I couldn't but most of the other cars like the X3, such as the Q5 were ~100 cu ft. So it's not like the Jag reduced dramatically its passenger area to get cargo space...
It's quite usable. The trunk is very deep. I was pretty shocked to see it myself.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 BMW X3 35i
Quote:
I am really curious how they managed to get 34 cu ft. of cargo space, compared to the X3's 28... I have to see it in person to believe it and see if it's usable space. Its passenger volume is listed as 96 cu ft, and as hard as I tried to find the X3's, I couldn't but most of the other cars like the X3, such as the Q5 were ~100 cu ft. So it's not like the Jag reduced dramatically its passenger area to get cargo space...
Cargo volume measurements may vary depending upon the source and methodology. I would not assume that Jaguar's self-reported F-Pace cargo volume of 33.5 cubic feet is measured in the same manner as the cargo volume BMW reports for the X3.

BMW reports cargo space for the X3 of 27.6 cubic feet and for the X5 of 22.9 cubic feet, which suggests even BMW's own methodology may not be consistent. Consumer Reports lists a cargo volume for the X3 of 33.0 cubic feet, for the X5 of 34.5 cubic feet, for the Mercedes GLC of 28.0 cubic feet and for the Jaguar F-Pace of 34 cubic feet.

FWIW, one might question some of Consumer Reports compiled information as it also lists the Jaguar F-Pace width at 87" (this may include the mirrors,2175 mm in the Jaguar press release, or excluding mirrors 1936 mm or about 76"). CR reports the width for the X3 of 74".
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...comparison.htm

Cargo volumes may be misleading as the shape and dimensions may also affect the practicality. To illustrate, Consumer Reports lists the Porsche Macan as having a 29.0 cubic foot cargo volume
Old 06-07-2016, 10:13 PM

Mein Auto: 08 E93 335i & 14 X3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeglenn View Post
Cargo volume measurements may vary depending upon the source and methodology. I would not assume that Jaguar's self-reported F-Pace cargo volume of 33.5 cubic feet is measured in the same manner as the cargo volume BMW reports for the X3.

BMW reports cargo space for the X3 of 27.6 cubic feet and for the X5 of 22.9 cubic feet, which suggests even BMW's own methodology may not be consistent. Consumer Reports lists a cargo volume for the X3 of 33.0 cubic feet, for the X5 of 34.5 cubic feet, for the Mercedes GLC of 28.0 cubic feet and for the Jaguar F-Pace of 34 cubic feet.

FWIW, one might question some of Consumer Reports compiled information as it also lists the Jaguar F-Pace width at 87" (this may include the mirrors,2175 mm in the Jaguar press release, or excluding mirrors 1936 mm or about 76"). CR reports the width for the X3 of 74".
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...comparison.htm

Cargo volumes may be misleading as the shape and dimensions may also affect the practicality. To illustrate, Consumer Reports lists the Porsche Macan as having a 29.0 cubic foot cargo volume
I think you nailed it. I don't know how they managed to with the same exterior dimensions of the X3 basically, and same interior passenger volume, to pull out a relative 21% extra cargo space than the X3. Unless their engine compartment is way smaller!

What you say is the most likely scenario. Which is why when I was shopping for cars, I've taken a tape measure with me and measured each car. Cu ft is also misleading because in an SUV vs a wagon, it's got a lot of unusable cargo space from the extra height compared to a wagon, but not as much in width and depth often, which is what really counts most of the time.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:00 AM

Quote:
I don't know how they managed to with the same exterior dimensions of the X3 basically, and same interior passenger volume, to pull out a relative 21% extra cargo space than the X3. Unless their engine compartment is way smaller!
The length of the engine compartment on the Jaguar F-Pace appears comparable to the X3. Reports are that Jaguar is developing an inline configuration for its next generation 6 cylinder engine that is due to arrive in late 2017. Like the X3, the engine compartment of the Jaguar F-Pace may have been designed to accommodate an inline 6 engine.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-sho...unch-in-20171/

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...crossover.html

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...n-2017--report

For those interested in the Jaguar F-Pace, do you order it with the "dated" supercharged V6 engine that may be replaced in less than 2 years or wait for the inline turbocharged six to arrive?

Last edited by mikeglenn; 06-08-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:54 AM

Jaguar sold about 84,000 vehicles globally in 2015 in all of its lines. The F-Pace will be manufactured at the flagship Solihull plant along with various other Land Rover and Jaguar models. I could not find any production targets or capacities announced by Jaguar for the F-Pace. I would speculate that production capacity for the F-Pace may be limited to perhaps 20,000 to 30,000 units annually during the first couple of years. The majority of the initial F-Pace production is likely targeted for Europe where the Jaguar dealer and distribution network is more robust and demand has already created 9 month waiting lists. Supply of and support for the F-Pace in the US is likely to be limited for at least a couple of years.

http://www.jaguarlandrover.com/gl/en...ales-for-2015/

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...-9-months.html

For comparison, BMW has current capacity to produce 450,000 SAVs and SACs at the Spartanburg plant.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeglenn View Post
For those interested in the Jaguar F-Pace, do you order it with the "dated" supercharged V6 engine that may be replaced in less than 2 years or wait for the inline turbocharged six to arrive?
Going off of JLR's track record, I think I would be inclined to get the older SCV6 over the I6
Old 06-08-2016, 02:38 PM

The F-Pace offers 35 cubic feet of cargo space and a compact spare tire under the cargo area. However, one compromise made to save space in the F-Pace is a smaller 16.6 gallon fuel tank. The V6 engine in the F-Pace only has an EPA rating of 23 mpg on the highway, which results in a practical range on the highway of about 100 miles less than that of the BMW X3 35i.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - 2017)
Today's Posts Search