How much is this door damage going to cost me? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)

X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
First generation BMW X1 availbe as a X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i xDrive.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: X1
How much is this door damage going to cost me?

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone would have a rough estimate of the damage to my car. I have attached the pics, let me know if you can see them.

The car is a 2013 X1, Alpine white. It was in mint condition before this damage and the car is covered under insurance. I live by Jersey City/Hoboken area of New Jersey.
Just a side note, I recently got rear-ended by another car of which the driver was falling asleep on the road and got my bumper fixed through insurance. Other than that and this hit and run from street parking, I never had any accident before.

Hope you guys can help out with my questions:

1) Can anyone guess how much it will take to fix in dollar amount? Any rough estimate would help.

2) Should I go to my dealership?

3) Or should I go to an independent body shop? Will the independent shop be able to paint it the right color?

4) Should I call my insurance? I have collision coverage with $500 deductible. I am afraid if I use it my rates will shoot up. Currently I am paying around $500 per 6 months...how much do you think it will go up by?

5) Any suggestions for good independent body shops in the Hoboken/Jersey city area or even North Jersey around Fort Lee/Paramus, specializing in BMW?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by yichen07981; 05-12-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: adding picture

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - 2015)
Today's Posts Search