330e tuning? - Page 8 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #176  
Old 08-18-2017, 11:35 AM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janske21 View Post
@macrorain
Is everything still going well?
The original error codes (that I had with the first version of the device) did not return, but the car is running lean when driven hard.

I've been in contact with Ventura about this, and was adviced to reduce from map 5 to map 3. They also adviced me that this was a known problem on the 330e (probably the B48 in general), and that an ECU update from BMW was available.

I contacted BMW, and they confirmed that there was indeed a software update pending for the car. This was probably due to be updated on the next service interval, but I made an appointment to have the update independently (free of charge). The update is scheduled for August 25th. I will then continue on map 3 for a while to confirm there are no problems, and then try to set it back to map 5.

I will update the thread a couple of days after August 25th.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #177  
Old 08-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Janske21 Janske21 is offline
Registered User
Location: belgium
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrorain View Post
The original error codes (that I had with the first version of the device) did not return, but the car is running lean when driven hard.

I've been in contact with Ventura about this, and was adviced to reduce from map 5 to map 3. They also adviced me that this was a known problem on the 330e (probably the B48 in general), and that an ECU update from BMW was available.

I contacted BMW, and they confirmed that there was indeed a software update pending for the car. This was probably due to be updated on the next service interval, but I made an appointment to have the update independently (free of charge). The update is scheduled for August 25th. I will then continue on map 3 for a while to confirm there are no problems, and then try to set it back to map 5.

I will update the thread a couple of days after August 25th.
Thanks for your comment.
I hope that after the update everything is fine and the tuning works well.

Grts
Steven
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 08-18-2017, 12:54 PM
SteveinArizona SteveinArizona is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Greater Phoenix
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,392
Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrorain View Post
The original error codes (that I had with the first version of the device) did not return, but the car is running lean when driven hard.

I've been in contact with Ventura about this, and was adviced to reduce from map 5 to map 3. They also adviced me that this was a known problem on the 330e (probably the B48 in general), and that an ECU update from BMW was available.

I contacted BMW, and they confirmed that there was indeed a software update pending for the car. This was probably due to be updated on the next service interval, but I made an appointment to have the update independently (free of charge). The update is scheduled for August 25th. I will then continue on map 3 for a while to confirm there are no problems, and then try to set it back to map 5.

I will update the thread a couple of days after August 25th.
I am not planning on tuning my 2016 330e but I am interested in your update. Mine was updated in March:

"perform campaign B12 07 16 Programming tech 92131 connected battery charger 12.78V Programmed and encoded vehicle Via ISTA/P 3.61.0.500 per SIB 12 07 16"

I wonder if your update is the same and what, if anything, it changed.

Thanks.

Steve
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #179  
Old 08-18-2017, 01:07 PM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I am not planning on tuning my 2016 330e but I am interested in your update. Mine was updated in March:

"perform campaign B12 07 16 Programming tech 92131 connected battery charger 12.78V Programmed and encoded vehicle Via ISTA/P 3.61.0.500 per SIB 12 07 16"

I wonder if your update is the same and what, if anything, it changed.

Thanks.

Steve
I'll see if I'm able to get the BMW guys to explain the details of the update (if it is known to them). I'll let you know when it's done.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 08-28-2017, 06:47 AM
locotarde66 locotarde66 is offline
Registered User
Location: Poland
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Mein Auto: 330e
I've been following this thread for some time and decided to buy Ventura tuning for my 330e.
Right now I'm running map 6 for few days without any problems so far. The power increase on map 5 is considerable. However map 6 is totally different thing. It's brutal.

Full eBoost now comes very early, I don't have to do a kickdown to get full electric engine power in hybrid driving. 225 stock tires are clearly not wide enough now. ESP intervenes all the time.
Launching with ESP OFF equals to a lot of squaking tires and wiggling tail up to 60-70km/h.
Wider tires is a must now and i'm going for a staggered 255 back wheels setup.
Car flexibility right now is incredible. I've driven quite a few pretty fast cars but flexibility of a tuned engine + electric here is on a sportscar level. It's sick.

There is also a matter of driving in wet conditions. Fast driving/lane changing is borderline dangerous now. While I know 300+hp on rwd is quite much and lack of traction is to be expected, I found the quite unrefined and most importanlty non-linear power gain from eBoost problematic. If wider tires won't help i'll probably remove the box for winter.
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old 09-08-2017, 11:30 AM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
My 330e has now finally been updated (all ECUs and other software) to the newest version at my local BMW dealer.

So that means the Venturabox is back in the car, currently running at Map 3 (Standard is Map 5). I will drive with this for a while to verify that everything works fine before attempting to go back to Map 5.

SteveInArizona: Unfortunately they did not have any details about the changes. They had a long printout of what had been updated, and the technician said it looked like everything in the car had been updated, but he didn't know what the updates included. My car was produced 03/2016, and this was probably the first time it received an update since then.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 09-08-2017, 12:14 PM
pkonijn pkonijn is offline
Registered User
Location: NL
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
My car is still running fine. I am running now on Shell Super+ petrol (98 RON) now. Fastest measured accelerating time from 0-100 km/h is 5.7 sec. Currently I have driven about 47.000 km with the car of which means that I am using the tuning without any issue for 40.000 km now.

FYI: The car went to the dealer for maintenance a few weeks ago and I am not aware that any sw-update is pending for my car.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 09-08-2017, 01:34 PM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkonijn View Post
My car is still running fine. I am running now on Shell Super+ petrol (98 RON) now. Fastest measured accelerating time from 0-100 km/h is 5.7 sec. Currently I have driven about 47.000 km with the car of which means that I am using the tuning without any issue for 40.000 km now.

FYI: The car went to the dealer for maintenance a few weeks ago and I am not aware that any sw-update is pending for my car.
That is good to hear that it's working reliably for you! I'm running only on 98 RON too.

With regards to the 0-100, my best so far is 5.8s, but that was with the useless runflats that come with the car and quite a lot of wheelspin. I've got new wheels with brand new, wider, non-runflat tires now that have a lot more grip. I'll let you know if I beat your time when I get the ventura back to map 5.

This I guess gives me an excuse to post a photo of the car with my new BBS CH wheels on Straight from the detailer too.

Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 09-08-2017, 01:48 PM
SteveinArizona SteveinArizona is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Greater Phoenix
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,392
Mein Auto: BMW 530e
I love the picture of your car. Did BMW/dealership debadge it or did you do it yourself?
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 09-08-2017, 02:13 PM
pkonijn pkonijn is offline
Registered User
Location: NL
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
@ macrorain: The car looks very nice. The wheels look very nice and make the car look aggresive.

I only succeeded once to do the 5.7s. I switched off 'dynamic traction' which in fact resulted in less wheel spin. 5.8/5.9 is not so difficult to accomplish. Anyway, the car is very quick

I also attached a picture of my car. I think that it looks great; no regrets about the color combination. The smell of a new car is still noticeable when I enter the car (even after more than one year). The feeling of driving a new car stays much longer than my previous cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW330e.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	661481  
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 09-08-2017, 06:25 PM
SteveinArizona SteveinArizona is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Greater Phoenix
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,392
Mein Auto: BMW 530e
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkonijn View Post
@ macrorain: The car looks very nice. The wheels look very nice and make the car look aggresive.

I only succeeded once to do the 5.7s. I switched off 'dynamic traction' which in fact resulted in less wheel spin. 5.8/5.9 is not so difficult to accomplish. Anyway, the car is very quick

I also attached a picture of my car. I think that it looks great; no regrets about the color combination. The smell of a new car is still noticeable when I enter the car (even after more than one year). The feeling of driving a new car stays much longer than my previous cars.
I like your color combo. Personally, I don't like black upholstery. It makes the whole inside seem too dark for me.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 09-08-2017, 11:28 PM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
@pkonijn - nice color, what is that color called?

@SteveInArizona - I debadged it myself, done in about an hour. Most of the work went into removing the tape residue after removing the actual badges. You may also note that I've blacked out the rear reflectors, I think that does a lot for the look of the car from behind, making it look a bit meaner and more agressive. From a distance the reflectors now look more like air ducts.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Aurieg Aurieg is offline
Registered User
Location: Portland Oregon
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 73
Mein Auto: 2014 F32
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrorain View Post
That is good to hear that it's working reliably for you! I'm running only on 98 RON too.

With regards to the 0-100, my best so far is 5.8s, but that was with the useless runflats that come with the car and quite a lot of wheelspin. I've got new wheels with brand new, wider, non-runflat tires now that have a lot more grip. I'll let you know if I beat your time when I get the ventura back to map 5.

This I guess gives me an excuse to post a photo of the car with my new BBS CH wheels on Straight from the detailer too.

Man those wheels are awesome, BBS CH?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 09-09-2017, 10:58 AM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurieg View Post
Man those wheels are awesome, BBS CH?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Bimmerfest mobile app
Thanks! Yes, BBS CH. 235/40R19 (8.5") front and 265/35R19 (9.5") rear.

Last edited by macrorain; 09-09-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 09-09-2017, 11:16 AM
Aurieg Aurieg is offline
Registered User
Location: Portland Oregon
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 73
Mein Auto: 2014 F32
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrorain View Post
Thanks! Yes, BBS CH. 235/40R19 (8.5") front and 265/35R19 (9.5") rear.
Beauty I always wanted those

Sent from my Pixel XL using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 09-11-2017, 03:26 AM
pkonijn pkonijn is offline
Registered User
Location: NL
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
@macrorain: Very nice wheel indeed. I am curious if you still will have wheel-spin with such wide tires :-)
The color of my car is champagne quartz metallic.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 09-22-2017, 06:16 PM
olebury olebury is offline
Registered User
Location: spain
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: bmw 320i
I have buy the ventura chip, and I must say that the car gain power, but not as much as the 250 HP that they seduce to me with the graphic tha they send me.

But I must say too, that is enough for the moment. However Im a litle afraid because I ask them for the boost pressure in each map configuration, in order to choise one that didnt overtake 1 bar (15 psi) of pressure to protect my engine, but they didnt give me dis data arguing to the proffesional secret.

But I'm confused, I dont know if this is the real reason or they have extremly overboost pressure, and they dont want this is known, and so, I`m considering in buy another one, like JB4, because they are more transparent and clear.

Any body has data of boost pressure of the Ventura?

Last edited by olebury; 09-22-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 09-23-2017, 03:40 AM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
According to Ventura during a discussion I had with them, it is running maximum +0,35bar compared to stock. This is on the default map (map 5). I'm not sure what the stock pressure is.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 09-23-2017, 09:47 AM
olebury olebury is offline
Registered User
Location: spain
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: bmw 320i
Many, many thanks, this lets me more calm. So may car, has 320i with B48 engine and the mx. pressure boost for stock is about 0,60 bar. So this means that the max. pressure with the chip will be 0,60+0,35=0,95 bar (14 psi). So this is a prudent value. Now Im going to take a ride with my new BMW and step on accelerator without fear!
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 09-23-2017, 09:49 AM
macrorain macrorain is offline
Registered User
Location: Norway
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 63
Mein Auto: BMW 330e
Quote:
Originally Posted by olebury View Post
Many, many thanks, this lets me more calm. So may car, has 320i with B48 engine and the mx. pressure boost for stock is about 0,60 bar. So this means that the max. pressure with the chip will be 0,60+0,35=0,95 bar (14 psi). So this is a prudent value. Now Im going to take a ride with my new BMW and step on accelerator without fear!
You do that. By the way: How do you know that you didn't gain the claimed 250hp? Have you tested the car on a dyno?
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 09-23-2017, 09:57 AM
olebury olebury is offline
Registered User
Location: spain
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: bmw 320i
Not really. but in comparison with other cars, I feel that is not so powerfull, maybe im wrong. I have ride it with bencine 98 in map 6, but when Ill refill with 95, I`ll select map 5.

Last edited by olebury; 09-23-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 AM
hotwheels1 hotwheels1 is offline
Registered User
Location: X
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: BMW330e, E92 M sport, E87
Hi all,

I also have a Ventura box installed in my 330e for the last 9k Kilometers. I installed it when the car clocked in 2k and now a bit over 11k with "touch Wood" no issues.

I have it on Setting 4 and always use German BP Ultimate Racing which Claims to have 100RON or Aral Super Unleaded which Claims to be 102RON....

I'm planning of Switching up to 5 in the next few days but also worried about Errors as it is a lease car.

Here a couple of pics with Carbon boot lip, Carbon M4 mirrors and grill, hard to see in the dark grey paint unless you are very close to it but I like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	675665  

Last edited by hotwheels1; 09-27-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 09-27-2017, 10:08 AM
hotwheels1 hotwheels1 is offline
Registered User
Location: X
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: BMW330e, E92 M sport, E87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1 View Post
Hi all,



I also have a Ventura box installed in my 330e for the last 9k Kilometers. I installed it when the car clocked in 2k and now a bit over 11k with "touch Wood" no issues.



I have it on Setting 4 and always use German BP Ultimate Racing which Claims to have 100RON or Aral Super Unleaded which Claims to be 102RON....



I'm planning of Switching up to 5 in the next few days but also worried about Errors as it is a lease car.



Here a couple of pics with Carbon boot lip, Carbon M4 mirrors and grill, hard to see in the dark grey paint unless you are very close to it but I like that.


Attachment 675753



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Last edited by hotwheels1; 09-27-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 09-27-2017, 10:10 AM
hotwheels1 hotwheels1 is offline
Registered User
Location: X
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: BMW330e, E92 M sport, E87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1 View Post
Attachment 675753



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app






Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 09-27-2017, 10:10 AM
hotwheels1 hotwheels1 is offline
Registered User
Location: X
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: BMW330e, E92 M sport, E87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1 View Post
Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app


Attachment 675761



Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

Last edited by hotwheels1; 09-27-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
330e, stage 1, tuning


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.