M2C vs Model 3 AWD - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > F87 M2 (2016 - current)

F87 M2 (2016 - current)
BMW will be unveiling the upcoming F87 M2 and this is the place to talk about it. Are you adding one of these to your garage?

Old 06-03-2019, 10:42 PM

Mein Auto: Future M2
M2C vs Model 3 AWD

Some may call me a traitor...

Finally, after years of exercising patience, saving, buying a home, and reasonable financial choices.... I plan to buy my first car. I survived on hand me downs.

All this time since the inception of the M2, I had thought it to be the one. But the M2C is just a bit over my already stretched budget at $66k USD (MSRP + taxes/fees). Assuming I find one at MSRP without traveling across the country.

Meanwhile, there exists the Model 3 AWD (Non Performance). While a very different car, it is still fast and fun. It makes more economical sense. With the rebates and gas cost saved, it is quite affordable for me. Yes it is not the same beast as the M2C with a high revving engine, 6spd gear box, and ballerina dancing abilities... but it is pretty darn good.

They just are a dime a dozen in the bay area. However, I think I am happy with the tech, and how unique the car is in the industry.

I can't help but feel I need approval from the BMW community to make this leap .

I would just like to know your thoughts on the vehicle (Model 3), and if/how you would decide between the two cars?

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto:
EVs have no visceral feel to them. Itís like driving a golf cart. M2C all the way
Old 07-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 X3 and 335i
I had a model 3 performance for a weekend. Other than acceleration I had nothing else to like about it.. Interior quality was crap as well as the paint job with all of the dirt in it. The interface to adjust the mirrors, steering wheel, etc is just plain stupid to use. Did I mention that the steering wheel looks like Fisher Price made it? I had high expectations and it was just a waste of time for me. Once you get use to the drivetrain it is pretty boring to drive and has no personality whatsoever. Then I drove a new BMW340 and I thought I went to heaven after have the Tesla for the weekend. Hell my wife's new Volvo XC40 T5 R-line is more fun to drive and has an easier user interface with real controls. Now, with that being said, I like the model S and would own one of those.
07 X3 - Sold
07 335 coupe - sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2020, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 3 Series Coupe
I own a 2020 M2 Competition and a 2015 M235i. I think you might find a good compromise for your needs and wallet in a late model low mileage M235 or M240. Great car, not at all boring. If you do leap for an M2, beware, get a M2 Competition not an older M2

Last edited by 95497; 01-19-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto:
No way will anyone recommend a Model 3 over an M2C. And not sure how far over your budget the M2 is, but there are deals to be had with the M2C right now if you are willing to deal and travel. Dont regret the decision to spend money on a car you didnt want. Dont convince yourself, a car cannot be returned like a shirt can

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1M & M2 > F87 M2 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search