BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Alpine White 320i

4K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  GriffMcCord 
#1 ·
I need some on advice on blacking out my 320i....looking to start with some low budget ideas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Start with tinting the windows, replacing the front kidney grills with black ones, vinyl wrap all the chrome around the car, the bottom diffuser, add black exhaust tips, tint the rear lights black, paint the rims black

Personally I would get a downpipe, 328i ecu and xenons on the front lights instead but that’s just me

#7 ·
That looks really good.... I've watched a few videos on diy roof wrapping.... Doesn't look too bad. Any recommendations on what product? Also, flat black or carbon fiber? I think cf looks a bit young for me (I'm 37). What do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I have a 2014 328i Alpine White Sport Line edition and it came standard with black accents to make the car pop out and I love them.

I feel like I'm missing a few on the list, but noticeably a few things I can think of that mine has,

- black mirrors
- black grill
- black exhaust tips
- black trim along rear bumper (I don't think you could add this to yours without replacing the entire bumper)
- black inner rear front bumper with gray bars near fog lights that looks a bit different than yours (I'm thinking mine has different bumpers all together than yours)

So Far I have tinted the windows (20%), and I added the M3 rear lip spoiler in black which really set off the rear-end even more(looks like you already have one in white). I was actually considering the black roof wrap as well because there are a few Audi's and Mercedes I have seen white with the black roof and imo they look sick - But I agree with N52 Moistenor, I would have to take the antenna black as well probably.

#20 · (Edited)
I'd black out the chrome double-kidney grill, and leave it at that. The 320 doesn't come with a lot of chrome bling on it in the first place, and it will sort of look like the shadow-sport trim when you are done. $10 of 3M vinyl, a heat gun, and a Saturday afternoon is all that's required.

Perhaps different rims if you're really determined to spend some $.

The roof vinyl and mirror caps says ///M-wannabe to me.

Attachments

#21 ·
The only two things you should do are the black kidney grill and black wheels. There’s a guy down the street with a white 320 that has been blacked out. It’s very nice. But that’s all that he has done. Too much can ruin the cars look.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

#30 ·
I think it looks great; but I'm biased. De-badging has been a habit of mine on every car I've owned for the last 20+ years. Blow dryer, and old credit card, goo gone and the cleaner/seal wax of your choice. Here's mine, "Warrior Wagon". (Named for my oldest Greyhound, and after the John Wayne movie.)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.