2016 750i drive was a lemon x2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)

7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
The next generation G11/G12 BMW 7 Series flagship forum. Unveiled June 10th, with production starting in August the 6th generation 7 Series comes in a light weight package with extensive use of BMW i carbon fiber technology. The interior quality raises the bar with a touch screen and gesture controlled infotainment system. Exterior styling has been a sticking point with mixed reviews so far.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:17 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 750i 2016
2016 750i drive was a lemon x2

we leased a 2016 750i xdrive in november. it died twice they towed it out. got it back a week later and it happened the next day. they towed it out. BMW put me on the top of the production line and made me another. 5 weeks later it was here. every month from january on it was in service..motor dies in steering wheel, 4g not working at all, blue tooth not working, driver assist not working, replaced steering motor, replaced antennas including shark fin, tablet in the back still was not working along with the 4g and the bluetooth, messages about no oil and then saying i have oil, then the icing on the cake was a message saying coolant low caution when driving and again i had it towed out of my garage only to find out that the coolant lines were leaking in my turbos. with that said, we gave car #2 back to BMW. with such a high tech car the engineers could not explain what was going on and how to fix it. my car was in service for a total of 38 days in 6 months. not only did my car, which was fully loaded, have this problem, but the 1st loaner they gave me shut off and the 2nd loaner was having the same wifi issues. has ANYONE else experienced this horror? I'm hoping that they fix their glitches within the next 3 years when the lease on my new car (not bmw) is up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2016, 09:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamomof3 View Post
we leased a 2016 750i xdrive in november. it died twice they towed it out. got it back a week later and it happened the next day. they towed it out. BMW put me on the top of the production line and made me another. 5 weeks later it was here. every month from january on it was in service..motor dies in steering wheel, 4g not working at all, blue tooth not working, driver assist not working, replaced steering motor, replaced antennas including shark fin, tablet in the back still was not working along with the 4g and the bluetooth, messages about no oil and then saying i have oil, then the icing on the cake was a message saying coolant low caution when driving and again i had it towed out of my garage only to find out that the coolant lines were leaking in my turbos. with that said, we gave car #2 back to BMW. with such a high tech car the engineers could not explain what was going on and how to fix it. my car was in service for a total of 38 days in 6 months. not only did my car, which was fully loaded, have this problem, but the 1st loaner they gave me shut off and the 2nd loaner was having the same wifi issues. has ANYONE else experienced this horror? I'm hoping that they fix their glitches within the next 3 years when the lease on my new car (not bmw) is up.
Where do you stand now? Did BMW take back the second one as well? Have you been refunded in-full? Reimbursed for any of your time / hassle / aggravation?

Which make / model are you going with now instead? Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Audi A8, Lexus LS, Jaguar XJ?
Old 08-14-2016, 10:11 AM

they took back the car. only partially refunded the last car payment. have NOT been reimbursed for anything. i ended up with a range rover v8 super charged. its def not my bmw.
mercedes s class we had 5 of them and now they do not come with a spare tire, the audi a8 is not but not eye catching, i drove the s8 but their lease was over the top ridiculous, not interested in lexus, my husband drives the jag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod
Quote:

Wow - like a 80's/90's Merc. Maybe that's why, don't see many.

Had Lexus LS - mediocrity lives and grows in that line. BUT - never ever malfunctioned. Contrast: Love my tight, confident, yet-to-reach-limits 3, modified. Top down rocket. Others struggle as they fade in the rear view. Um....might not be your cup o'tea, I know, it's the contrast that's striking as Lexus could never come close to that competence.

Is life strange?

Last edited by CALWATERBOY DUE; 08-15-2016 at 05:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2016 740Li
Seems like the N63 engine isnt problematic for most owners, but when it does have issues the dealers havent been great about figuring out how to fix them. One of mine was lemoned as well. Really depends on the state but some require the mfgr to reimburse you for most of the lease

In your situation id go with the s550 and just deal without having a spare. Audi leases prices do blow, def not worth it to me. Really arent any other comparable full sizes at the same level as the 7 or S. LS is too dated in many ways to keep up.
2013 750i Mineral White
2011 750i Jet Black
2007 750i Monaco Blue
Old 08-15-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
they took back the car. only partially refunded the last car payment. have NOT been reimbursed for anything. i ended up with a range rover v8 super charged. its def not my bmw.
mercedes s class we had 5 of them and now they do not come with a spare tire, the audi a8 is not but not eye catching, i drove the s8 but their lease was over the top ridiculous, not interested in lexus, my husband drives the jag.
Great both were taken back, but you should try to get refunded in-full.

The Range Rover is not bad, the full-sized one, right? Surely very nice.

Maybe an S-Class and retrofit the trunk with a 'space saver spare'?
Old 08-15-2016, 10:30 AM
HUFINGTON

Mein Auto: '18 MB E63S
Sorry to hear. Probably both were "Monday" cars. Sometimes, it just comes down to luck when leasing cars. I am very happy with my MB S550. All the things you went through were things that I was afraid of and reason why I decided not to get a 750 but instead leased a loaded 550 in December. I am hoping that they sort out all the glitches as good as they can until my 550 lease is up.
I agree with some posters above that you should get compensated by BMW for your suffering. Good luck with the Range.

16 BMW F10 550xi - 4.4 L 330 kW
13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW
89 BMW E30 M3 147 kW

18 MB E63S
17 MB C217 S550 4MATIC Coupe
15 MB W222 S550 4MATIC
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230
Old 08-15-2016, 10:40 AM

Mein Auto: Audi A6
Worry, worry, worry

Posts like this sure make me nervous.

I'm picking up my new 2016 750x on the 28th in Oregon and immediately embarking on a 6 week road trip to Maine with my family.

I did something similar to this 3 years ago in a 2014 Audi A6, with no issues.

I guess that all I can do is cross my fingers....

HBH
Old 08-15-2016, 11:52 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Sorry you had to go through this. My 2016 arrived in the states in November. It's been solid and haven't had any issues.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:55 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2017 750ix 2019 X3 30
If you only took into account Internet posts, you would never buy a car, or a camera either for that matter. People don't often post that everything is great. They post when they have problems. The OP here is a bit over the top with 2 lemons and bad loaners etc., but even if it is all true (and she does seem sincere), my reaction is that she had very bad luck. If we want cars that are 100% bullet proof and come out of the factory 100% perfect, then we have to be prepared to pay for extremely expensive additional quality control because while zero defects is a nice goal, it is not economically realistic. The issue to me is not whether BMW is building bad cars but how they react when problems arise, big or small. If in fact OP had two demonstrable lemons in a row, IMHO she should have gotten a full refund. If the second car was not a lemon but simply produced some buyer's regret, that's another story. Of course, we will probably never know.
'19 G01 X3 30
Other: '14 MB E350 wagon
Past: 3 (F31, others), 5 (E39, E61 and F10), 7 & 8 series (twice!) BMW, C, E and S MBenzes, Alfa Romeo GTV, MGB, Toyota Celica, Lincoln, Saab, Volvo, Audi A6, A4, and others (even a Nash Rambler)(yes I am old )
Old 08-16-2016, 09:08 AM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2018 540i xDrive M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysab133 View Post
...I'm going to give the poster the benefit of the doubt.

Same here. I'm actually wondering if the OP critic has a wife and kids :-)

I have five kids ages 19 down to 7 and I own and operate a 40+ employee software company so am very busy. But my wife is very hard working and detail oriented. Even with the five kids, she finds time to do things like install a floor to ceiling stone backsplash in a bathroom or dig up the part number and schematics to a range vent to replace it.

She drives a GL 450 that has had that constant bad smell from the A/C that MB's tend to have. I don't have time to deal with that and two trips to the dealer haven't solved it, so she got on the MB forums and read all about it. She hasn't posted anything yet, but she's getting close. And if she does, she'll sign up same day and post.

I could be wrong, but I see nothing in the OP's post to lead me to believe she's a troll.
2008 535xi Sport | Jet Black | Cream Beige | Burl Wood
Old 08-16-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
But my wife is very hard working and detail oriented. Even with the five kids, she finds time to do things like install a floor to ceiling stone backsplash in a bathroom or dig up the part number and schematics to a range vent to replace it.
With all due respect, this is awesome!
Old 08-16-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimori View Post
Sorry you had to go through this. My 2016 arrived in the states in November. It's been solid and haven't had any issues.

My FIRST 750 was delivered to my door step in november. that was the one that died the following day twice and one week later....and then the loaner did it two weeks into driving it lol
Enjoy yours
Old 08-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: Various
Posts removed, let's put this back on track. OP sorry to hear about your issues.

Tim
Old 08-23-2016, 04:40 PM

Mein Auto: F02
It's shame that you had such bad luck.

2018 Lexus LS500 (current)
1984 Chevy Monte Carlo SS (current)
2018 BMW X6
2016 Chevy Corvette
2012 BMW 750Li
2014 Lexus GS350
2013 Lexus ES350
2010 Nissan Maxima
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
2006 Dodge Charger SXT
1990 BMW 735i
Old 08-23-2016, 05:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinschela View Post
If you only took into account Internet posts, you would never buy a car, or a camera either for that matter. People don't often post that everything is great. They post when they have problems. The OP here is a bit over the top with 2 lemons and bad loaners etc., but even if it is all true (and she does seem sincere), my reaction is that she had very bad luck. If we want cars that are 100% bullet proof and come out of the factory 100% perfect, then we have to be prepared to pay for extremely expensive additional quality control because while zero defects is a nice goal, it is not economically realistic. The issue to me is not whether BMW is building bad cars but how they react when problems arise, big or small. If in fact OP had two demonstrable lemons in a row, IMHO she should have gotten a full refund. If the second car was not a lemon but simply produced some buyer's regret, that's another story. Of course, we will probably never know.
As if paying $100k plus shouldn't entitle you to a vehicle that works as designed. I'm constantly amazed at the pass that people give to BMW for not only their substandard products but also their piss-poor service in making everything right. And yes, I have a 2012 750 that guaranteed will be my last BMW based on my ownership experience and how BMWNA chose to handle ongoing issues.

Sorry to hear not much has changed with the new G, but I'm also not surprised.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:59 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: Cayman S 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Posts removed, let's put this back on track. OP sorry to hear about your issues.

Tim
Guys, please pay attention to this post.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: 35d
Quote:
Spare tire? You're not buying a car over a spare tire on a vehicle with run-flats? This is a problem of your own making.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series & 8 Series > 7 Series - G11 / G12 (2016 - current)
Today's Posts Search