weird issues with gauges - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > E39 M5 (1998-2003)

E39 M5 (1998-2003)

Old 12-26-2018, 07:39 PM

Mein Auto:
weird issues with gauges

Im new to this forum and to m5 ownership (bought the car a week ago) and i have a few issues and have used the search feature to the best of my ability and havent found a fix so i was hoping to get some input from someone with more experience.

its a 2000 e39 m5 with 128k miles on it. It drives great and seems to have no mechanical issues at all but it is throwing a few codes and the oil temp engine temp and tachometer are all reading low. the tach will idle at 0 and the car bounces off redline at 5500. the oil and coolant temp are both not completely cold but just not quite up to temp but they stay stable there. Ive driven the car on the highway and in the city in 70 degree weather so im pretty confident that the gauges are just both low. I did some reading and initailly thought it was a faulty ignition switch but i replcaed it with a new unit from autozone and it fixed nothing. any idea what it could be?

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
coolant, e39, m5, oil temp, running low, tach

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M5 & M6 > E39 M5 (1998-2003)
Today's Posts Search