BMW X1 lease Euro - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer

Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors from supporting BMW dealerships. Get all of your BMW pricing, ordering, buying, financing, and leasing questions answered here!

Old 05-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
BMW X1 lease Euro

I am looking to get the X1 Euro delivery. That price is Euro invoice. Can I get a further discount from that or is that as low as I can get?

MSRP = $39,520
Capital cost 35,081.13 -(grad 1000) = $34,081
MF = 0.0015
Residual = 60% = $23,712
Lease term = 36 months
Down payment = $0
Other fees = $500 (may be higher guestimate)
Tax = 6%

The calculator gives me a monthly payment of $428 which is too high. Suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Drink the koolaid or else

Mein Auto: 2017 Volvo XC60 T5
BMW X1 lease Euro

how are you arriving at the cap cost? also don't forget the MF is more with ED. plus dealer profit of at least $500-$750.
2015 X1 sDrive XLine - "Hamilton Maxwell"
2009 MINI Cooper Clubman - "Oxley"
2007 Volvo S60 2.5T
2007 X3.0si PlatBronze/Beige
2006 X3 3.0i, Flamenco Red/Beige
1997 528iA, Oxford/Tan
1994 318iS, Black/Gray
1979 528iA, RubyRed, Tan
1971 2002, Sahara, Saddle

Last edited by kjboyd; 05-14-2017 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjboyd View Post
how are you arriving at the cap cost? also don't forget the MF is more with ED. plus dealer profit of at least $500-$750.
I used the ED calculation on the forum to get the invoice price. I didn't know the MF is higher for ED. What is it? I will add in dealer profit. Even that money factor is too high and kills the deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 05:45 AM

Mein Auto: 18' Tesla Model 3 Perf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpole12 View Post
I used the ED calculation on the forum to get the invoice price. I didn't know the MF is higher for ED. What is it? I will add in dealer profit. Even that money factor is too high and kills the deal!
There is no "back end" profit for a euro delivery car per what has been posted here previously (so they dont get rebates on it, etc), but an X1 should not come out of dealers allocation so it should be ok to put in dealer profit between 500 to 1k.

The MF is higher (.00030 higher I believe), and that is at the base money factor. If that "kills the deal" from a financial perspective, meaning you cant afford it, then its likely this is not the right car for you.

I am not even sure if the grad discount applies to ED (most discounts dont). At your price point, you absolutely will not save a bunch of money by doing euro delivery, unless both the flight and the hotel is free.

ED MSRP on that car would be 37,544 based on the MSRP you mentioned. Also, "other fees" are 925 for lease acquisition, first months payment (in your deal 480), registration, and first month taxes.... so "No money down" will still add roughly 1500 not 500 as you "guesstimate".

That stuff will need to be paid, so you will either pay it up front, or put it into the deal (add it to the cap cost). Every 1k extra borrowed will add roughly $25-30 to the deal.

If the goal is to save money, Euro delivery will not save you money at that price point of a car.

2019 X3 M40i Phytonic Blue |Blk Leather W/Blue Stiching | Alu. Rhombicle trim | Adaptive Suspension | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | Wireless Charging | 21" 718 Wheels| | Executive Pack | HK Stereo (hers)

18' Tesla Model 3 Performance |blue /blk|Perf. pack|FSD

BMW CCA #477341
Old 05-15-2017, 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=jjrandorin;10158585]There is no "back end" profit for a euro delivery car per what has been posted here previously (so they dont get rebates on it, etc), but an X1 should not come out of dealers allocation so it should be ok to put in dealer profit between 500 to 1k.

The MF is higher (.00030 higher I believe), and that is at the base money factor. If that "kills the deal" from a financial perspective, meaning you cant afford it, then its likely this is not the right car for you.

I am not even sure if the grad discount applies to ED (most discounts dont). At your price point, you absolutely will not save a bunch of money by doing euro delivery, unless both the flight and the hotel is free.

ED MSRP on that car would be 37,544 based on the MSRP you mentioned. Also, "other fees" are 925 for lease acquisition, first months payment (in your deal 480), registration, and first month taxes.... so "No money down" will still add roughly 1500 not 500 as you "guesstimate".

That stuff will need to be paid, so you will either pay it up front, or put it into the deal (add it to the cap cost). Every 1k extra borrowed will add roughly $25-30 to the deal.

If the goal is to save money, Euro delivery will not save you money at that price point of a car.[/QUOTE

I added lease acquisition into the total MSRP. But I see what your saying, it will not be beneficial for me to do euro delivery. Are there any discounts on euro delivery? Thanks for the response!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 328d Sport Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpole12 View Post
I am looking to get the X1 Euro delivery. That price is Euro invoice. Can I get a further discount from that or is that as low as I can get?

MSRP = $39,520
Capital cost 35,081.13 -(grad 1000) = $34,081
MF = 0.0015
Residual = 60% = $23,712
Lease term = 36 months
Down payment = $0
Other fees = $500 (may be higher guestimate)
Tax = 6%

The calculator gives me a monthly payment of $428 which is too high. Suggestions?
If you're doing ED on an X1 for "economic" savings in order to achieve a "better" deal, you're going about it the wrong way. You might as well do U.S. delivery, spare yourself the ED adder and take advantage of domestic incentives. IMO, if you picked from dealer stock, you'd be closer to your desired monthly payment target than ED. Oh, and add in your expenses while in Europe and you're going to be spending more on an ED than a U.S. delivery.

Secondly, to make matters worse, you can't apply college grad incentive to ED's.

Thirdly, if you're trying to be under $400 per month, on a $40k BMW, it's not going to happen without some serious cap reduction. Try calculating a U.S. delivery on a base model that's not $39k.

Last edited by adrian's bmw; 05-15-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian's bmw View Post
If you're doing ED on an X1 for "economic" savings in order to achieve a "better" deal, you're going about it the wrong way. You might as well do U.S. delivery, spare yourself the ED adder and take advantage of domestic incentives. IMO, if you picked from dealer stock, you'd be closer to your desired monthly payment target than ED. Oh, and add in your expenses while in Europe and you're going to be spending more on an ED than a U.S. delivery.

Secondly, to make matters worse, you can't apply college grad incentive to ED's.

Thirdly, if you're trying to be under $400 per month, on a $40k BMW, it's not going to happen without some serious cap reduction. Try calculating a U.S. delivery on a base model that's not $39k.
Thanks Adrian! I'm going to look into some dealer stock then. I was planning on a trip to Europe anyway which is why I wanted to do euro delivery but not at that price. Like you said I want to be under $400.

Last edited by southpole12; 05-15-2017 at 08:52 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Buyers Guide - Dealers, resources, pricing, tips and trick > Ask-A-BMW-Dealer
Today's Posts Search