Tiger Woods is done. - Page 2 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. **Note** - Political posting is not allowed (or welcome) at Bimmerfest.

Old 02-13-2015, 07:13 AM
BMW 4 LIFE

Mein Auto: 16 M235i // Black
Golf at this level is 99% mental which leads to the confidence factor. When you're playing well you are absolutely not thinking about anything except executing the swing. Nothing negative creeps in your mind. All you see is the space in front of you. Boom, you swing. It usually find the fairway, usually hit it close to the hole, usually burn the lip or come close. Sounds so elementary but it's true. You are so relaxed and in the "zone" you actually have everything just slow down. You simply react and swing...like MJ hitting a winner jumper.

Tiger is on the other end of this now. Doubt is completely overwhelmed him. Fear has gotten a strangle hold on him and his so called "bad" back and has made come up with endless excuses. Playing subconscious golf is very difficult but those guys do it day in and day out. Sure I keep harping on this over and over but until you've been and understand you just dont know what it feels like. I've played with several top players who are on TV now making out there. It's a fine line between the PGA and a mini tour player. It really is. You look a player with a "perfect" swing and wonder how he isn't doing much better or having more success. It's between the ears. Tiger is playing in "straight" jacket right now. Absolute lunch meat upstairs so to speak. IT will only get worse.
2016 F22 - M235i // Black-Sapphire // Black dakota // stock for now... 2014 550xi // Carb Black// Ivory // M Sport // Exec Pkg // HK - 2012 335xi // Jet Black // Ivory // M Sport // HK // any many other added mods to make it really fast, handle great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i M-sport Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by damyankee View Post
Rory is crazy talented, but also can be very inconsistent. When he's on, he's just off the charts, but when he's off he's really off. It will be interesting to see him mature.

Speaking of Phil (in other replies), his back 9 at the '13 Open was the most spectacular golf I think I've ever seen.
Indeed. Stuff of Legend.
PCD - October 18, 2016

2010 328i M-Sport Coupe
TitanSilber|Jade|Manual|Premium|Sat|Auto high-beams|iPod|Heated Seats
Euro Delivery - October 20, 2009
PCD - December 16, 2009

Old 02-13-2015, 07:52 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Rory is crazy talented, but also can be very inconsistent. When he's on, he's just off the charts, but when he's off he's really off. It will be interesting to see him mature.

Speaking of Phil (in other replies), his back 9 at the '13 Open was the most spectacular golf I think I've ever seen.

Tell me about it. I was there. Merion is 30 min from me. What an amazing rally. Broke my heart he couldn't finish on top.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ3 View Post
Tell me about it. I was there. Merion is 30 min from me. What an amazing rally. Broke my heart he couldn't finish on top.
Muirfield golf course, Scotland, not the US Open .

Much better outcome for Phil..
Old 02-13-2015, 10:44 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Muirfield golf course, Scotland, not the US Open .

Much better outcome for Phil..

Whoops. Read it too fast. That US Open though was amazing. Would have made my decade seeing one of my favorite golfers win so close to my home. I despise Justin Rose now for that day.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 545i
Never liked or disliked Tiger ,just didn't want him to pass Jack.I starting golfing at 11 years old .High school ,college golf.Nine years ago at 40 I had to give it up.Knee surgery,back pain and shoulder rotator cuff .Look at Tiger's injury and surgery list before you decide WHY he has "lost it".I don't think he gives a rats a$$ about off course troubles at this point. Maybe he can develop a swing that can accommodate a back that is now toast ?
Old 02-13-2015, 11:44 AM
BMW 4 LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan13 View Post
Never liked or disliked Tiger ,just didn't want him to pass Jack.I starting golfing at 11 years old .High school ,college golf.Nine years ago at 40 I had to give it up.Knee surgery,back pain and shoulder rotator cuff .Look at Tiger's injury and surgery list before you decide WHY he has "lost it".I don't think he gives a rats a$$ about off course troubles at this point. Maybe he can develop a swing that can accommodate a back that is now toast ?
I hear you loud and clear. I've had injuries as well ...even the back. He is chronic with injuries for sure but...it seems to me he is reaching a little more to the back as an excuse. It might very well hurt a little but I've witnesses this time and time again with folks who start to hit it bad. It becomes their excuse for poor play even though it really isn't. Physical is one thing but this is now between his ears.

Bill Glasson for sure had his share of injuries. His list is endless. Fuzzy Zoeller...back. Fred Couples... back. Tiger....everything including his ego has been hurt....now his psyche which was his coat of armor. Now the demons are in full bloom upstairs... I'm sure Jack and Arnie had their injuries. Ben Hogan...well,yes. Still think that is the most unbelievable comeback in history. But now Tiger has become the modern day Ian Baker FLINCH!
2016 F22 - M235i // Black-Sapphire // Black dakota // stock for now... 2014 550xi // Carb Black// Ivory // M Sport // Exec Pkg // HK - 2012 335xi // Jet Black // Ivory // M Sport // HK // any many other added mods to make it really fast, handle great!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:49 PM

Mein Auto: 740iL
I don't understand him, his ex wife was pretty hot in my opinion. Why he still wanted to do a whore? What's wrong with people these days.....
Old 02-13-2015, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: 1967 Barracuda convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw View Post
I don't understand him, his ex wife was pretty hot in my opinion. Why he still wanted to do a whore? What's wrong with people these days.....
It's not just him and it's not just in "modern times". People do self-destructive things.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 1967 Barracuda convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWatty550 View Post
Bill Glasson for sure had his share of injuries. His list is endless...
I don't know Bill, but his high school graduating class included another interesting "athlete" who won four NHRA fuel titles (three top fuel and one funny car), Gary Scelzi. My brother-in-law would have golfed against Bill in high school (before the BIL got kicked off the team for drinking in the parking lot).
Old 02-13-2015, 04:33 PM
BMW 4 LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkw View Post
Exactly! His ex-wife was about as hot as you can get so why do a whore(s)? EGO is the answer. Complete idiot imo.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:59 AM
BMW 4 LIFE

I stumbled across this today and WOW how things have changed for the man. He has gone down a few levels of sadness.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:16 PM
Grumpy and Cynical

Send a message via MSN to ed325i Send a message via Yahoo to ed325i
Mein Auto: 328Xi
Question, why does Tiger Woods and other pro golfers have so many back and knee issues? I am not a golfer, but the game seem easier on the body than contact sports or sports with lots of acceleration, deceleration, and direction changes, such as soccer.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Psychology Reversalist

Mein Auto: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed325i View Post
Question, why does Tiger Woods and other pro golfers have so many back and knee issues? I am not a golfer, but the game seem easier on the body than contact sports or sports with lots of acceleration, deceleration, and direction changes, such as soccer.
I'm not a golfer either, but I think it is all those forceful back twists and leg twists.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:49 AM
BMW 4 LIFE

Years later... he wins his 15th major. No one saw this coming but in all respect this is one of the most remarkable come backs in sports history.

He couldn't get out of bed much less walk. Multiple surgeries and will power gets him back to not just walk, not just golf but at the highest level there is. To go out and compete with the young guys and beat them at Augusta has me speechless. I don't care who you are or what you think of him but this is truly remarkable.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2019 440i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWatty550 View Post
Years later... he wins his 15th major. No one saw this coming but in all respect this is one of the most remarkable come backs in sports history.

He couldn't get out of bed much less walk. Multiple surgeries and will power gets him back to not just walk, not just golf but at the highest level there is. To go out and compete with the young guys and beat them at Augusta has me speechless. I don't care who you are or what you think of him but this is truly remarkable.
It's definitely remarkable, but his play this year since his Masters victory makes me think that win was probably akin to Jack's 1986 sixth green jacket win at Augusta (the first Masters I ever attended). I think he put everything he had left into that four rounds, and there might not be much left in the tank from a physical standpoint.
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Old 08-14-2019, 03:34 PM
BMW 4 LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
It's definitely remarkable, but his play this year since his Masters victory makes me think that win was probably akin to Jack's 1986 sixth green jacket win at Augusta (the first Masters I ever attended). I think he put everything he had left into that four rounds, and there might not be much left in the tank from a physical standpoint.

Right now he's playing like crap. He's using the "Injured" excuse too much it seems these days. His MO was always withdraw when he was playing bad because he was so called "hurt". In fact, maybe he was and still is but the bottom line is that he should be playing more to get his "golf" legs in order and his head right. He needs more playing time to get any type of confidence imo to shake off the cob webs and the mental demons that creep in when you haven't played lately.

PLAY TIGER, PLAY!!!!

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic
Today's Posts Search