What do you think of this? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 12-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
Question What do you think of this?

color combination. Silver gray (or perhaps the new Graphite) exterior with Natural Brown Interior?
Natural brown works with black - why wouldn't it work with dark gray?

Also, would you go with Silver cube or Black cube on the Natural brown interior?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3 & X3
A couple of months ago there was a long thread on natural brown and I asked if anyone
had seen sparkling graphite with NB interior. IIRC, Sarafil said his dealership had such a vehicle on order.

Steel gray (replaced by silver gray) looked great with NB. I suspect either of the grays would work, but I have not seen them in person. At least one 'fester has silver gray with natural brown interior -- I think pictures should be here somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
color combination. Silver gray (or perhaps the new Graphite) exterior with Natural Brown Interior?
Old 12-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Adolescent On-Call

Mein Auto: 330i
[QUOTE=icemanjs4]color combination. Silver gray (or perhaps the new Graphite) exterior with Natural Brown Interior?
Natural brown works with black - why wouldn't it work with dark gray?QUOTE]
It does work, and I think it works very well! Steel Grey / Nat Brown and a 2-tone interior theme - black dash, console, carpet, and plastic areas on seats and doors.

Old 12-09-2004, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto:
I saw the graphite with sand leather in the showroom and it looked great! I'm driving 2 hours on Sat to check it out outside. If I'm gonna spend 40 something on a car I have to make sure I like the color! (ANd make sure it doesnt look purple!!)
Old 12-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Account closed at users request

Send a message via AIM to mamasaid325CI
Mein Auto:
Quote:

Also, would you go with Silver cube or Black cube on the Natural brown interior?
i asked a similar question a few weeks ago since i'm looking for a white/blk leather 325ci...and apparently there aren't many white/blk leather 325s around so i thought that it wasnt a popular color combo or whatever...but i finally came to the conclusion that if YOU like it, then it works if you're questioning whether or not it's a good combo because you haven't seen it around too much...who cares...you don't want the same color as everyone else anyway
Old 01-10-2005, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Did you ever get a pic of the Graphite w/Natural Brown? Or did you order it? I'm also seriously considering it but haven't been able to find a car or a pic...any luck?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:01 PM
I do'nt make mistakes.

Mein Auto: Quadricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC
(ANd make sure it doesnt look purple!!)
What's wrong with purple? Are you afraid people will think you are :gay: ? Just don't wax your chest anymore.

I'm secure enough in my manhood to drive my big 4x4 Ram in "Deep Amethyst", although its looks like very dark blue unless its clean and the light is right.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i Sport/6spd
You guys will probably flame for this, but here goes: All shades of brown/tan interiors look terrible with all shades of silver/grey. Nothing personal, and if you disagree, that's fine. OK, let the flaming begin...
Old 01-11-2005, 01:13 AM

Mein Auto: M3, Toyota Land Cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H
You guys will probably flame for this, but here goes: All shades of brown/tan interiors look terrible with all shades of silver/grey. Nothing personal, and if you disagree, that's fine. OK, let the flaming begin...
Well, its personal opinion so I wouldn't flame you. I don't think brown looks BAD with a Grey or Graphite but I wouldn't choose it. In fact, I went with Natural Brown for my 330i that is Jet Black on the outside. I think its a great combination because the Natural Brown is trimmed (center console, doors, dash, floor, etc.) in black so its almost like a two-tone interior.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream23
Well, its personal opinion so I wouldn't flame you. I don't think brown looks BAD with a Grey or Graphite but I wouldn't choose it. In fact, I went with Natural Brown for my 330i that is Jet Black on the outside. I think its a great combination because the Natural Brown is trimmed (center console, doors, dash, floor, etc.) in black so its almost like a two-tone interior.
Thanks for not flaming...you're right--just my opinion. However, I would say that NB interior would look good with Jet Black. I prefer black interiors, but I like the two-tone of NB. Also, I think that NB would look better than Sand in Grey/Silver type car, but still think grey or black would look better. The beautiful thing about cars though, is you get to buy what you want.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:47 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:

Your in Austin, try to stay with light colors. It gets hot there
Old 01-11-2005, 11:32 AM

Mein Auto: Jeep GC
Quote:

I have this color como and it looks great. Check out the thead below, I posted a few picks in the first message and another on down.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ighlight=brown
Old 01-11-2005, 11:34 AM

Mein Auto: Jeep GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H

Seen it in person?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh1850
Seen it in person?
I've not seen NB with grey/silver in person. I have seen a picture. I did not care for it. I have seen Sand of course with a variety of colors in person. I just don't think that silvers/greys and browns/tans play well together. Again, just my opinion. Another opinion of mine is that you should buy whatever YOU like, not what anyone else says you should like (including me).
Old 01-11-2005, 12:18 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:

I would go with silver gray with black interior and silver cube to give some contrast!
Old 01-11-2005, 09:30 PM

Mein Auto: M3, Toyota Land Cruiser
The reason why soooo many colors and combinations are available is because we all have different tastes and opinions....this is a very good thing or the world would be boring. I, personally, think that there is one and only one color that identifies primarily with a BMW and that's Black. So, even though it will be a pain to keep clean, my very first BMW (can't believe I waited this long) will be Jet Black. Its like when you think of a Ferrari.....you see, you just did it....you pictured a Red Ferrari didn't you???
Old 01-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterRain
Did you ever get a pic of the Graphite w/Natural Brown? Or did you order it? I'm also seriously considering it but haven't been able to find a car or a pic...any luck?
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I especially appreciate that eveyrone respects everyone else's opinions.

I decided to go with the Silver Gray with Natural Brown Interior. Ok just to kick it up a notch, I went with the silver cube trim. The black cube looks nice - but it's too bland while you're driving and looking at the black dash with black trim. So I figured the silver adds a nice little pop. If i find i dont like it - i'll just swap it out for something else down the line.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...chmentid=41899 here's a convertible example of the sivler gray/nat brown.

http://gmail.google.com/gmail?ik=167...p=20&zx=y9k6ow
SCroll down to the 3rd pic - for nat brown with silver cube tirm.

An intersting observation. NB looks different in every photo i've ever seen of it. The shae changes from camera to camera- but it looks sweet in person.

Enjoy
Old 01-17-2005, 03:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 LCI X5 3.0d
Quote:

I am thinking of a 2005 330ci in Silver Grey with Nature Brown too. Trouble is, I love the wood finishes and am not too sure what color wood trim would suit this combination? Birch or Myrtle.

Also, in Australia we are able to order wood trims for the Individual Collection of which my preference is maple Wood Olive or Poplar Natural.

Any thoughts on what wood would work with a Silver Grey/Nature Brown Coupe would be appreciated.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:06 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I especially appreciate that eveyrone respects everyone else's opinions.

I decided to go with the Silver Gray with Natural Brown Interior. Ok just to kick it up a notch, I went with the silver cube trim. The black cube looks nice - but it's too bland while you're driving and looking at the black dash with black trim. So I figured the silver adds a nice little pop. If i find i dont like it - i'll just swap it out for something else down the line.

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...chmentid=41899 here's a convertible example of the sivler gray/nat brown.

http://gmail.google.com/gmail?ik=167...p=20&zx=y9k6ow
SCroll down to the 3rd pic - for nat brown with silver cube tirm.

An intersting observation. NB looks different in every photo i've ever seen of it. The shae changes from camera to camera- but it looks sweet in person.

Enjoy
Nice pic...Yeah that Silver Gray definitely works with the NB...I gave up on the Graph/NB combo. Finally got to see the Graph. in natural light and the purple hue just didn't do it for me. The black one on the lot kept drawing my eye. So needless to say, I just drove my dealer crazy and changed my order twice from Graph to Black Saph to Jet Black. Went with the Jet Black/NB..can't wait for Spring!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Oh my goodness, I just realized that one of the two links I originally posted was a bad link.
This is the good link!

Natural Brown - Silver Cube

Scroll down to the 3rd picture. I hope you all enjoy.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)
Today's Posts Search