Need some advise from you seasoned pros....... - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 F16 (2015 - Current)

X6 F16 (2015 - Current)
The all new 2015 BMW X6 is the second generation luxury cross over. BMW referes to the X6 as a Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) as it combines the attributes of an SUV (high ground clearance, xDrive and all-weather ability) with the stance, styling and roof line shape of a coupe. The F16 BMW X6 is build side by side with the F15 X5 at BMW's BMW's Spartanburg, SC plant. Read all about the second generation BMW X6 here!

Old 07-05-2018, 02:06 PM

Mein Auto:
Need some advise from you seasoned pros.......

Hi there,
Im new here and I joined because Im in the market to buy my very first BMW. Funny thing is I grew up in Munich Germany, been around them my entire life, just never owned one. So heres the deal, Im looking at a 2018 X6 xDrive 50i, it has lots of bells an whistles, even the M bodykit which I think adds a lot when it comes to looks. MSRP is around $85,000, was able to agree on a price of $75,000. Is that good, or do you guys think I could do better? What are the pros and cons you guys love and hate? I really want to see how you guys feel about this car, your imput is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 540xi, X6
The car is great. I have X6 35xi for 6 months but with the in-line 6 engine and it has plenty of power. I do not feel the need to go to V8 and happy to be saving some gas. Test drive both and decide for yourself. The car handling is outstanding for SUV (or they call it SAV).

- I ordered mine to be built with the options and colors I wanted through the dealer, got a great deal with a discount comparable to yours and in 4 weeks the car was delivered. Pro advise: consider ordering the exact car you want - you can get the same deal and get exactly what you want if you can wait a few weeks. You can shop around the order with a few dealers too.

- I ordered the rear axle air suspension - that is a must if you plan to have kids/passengers in the back seat as the ride in the back can get quite bumpy without air suspension and DDC (dynamic damping control). I am coming from X5 and it was really bumpy in the back - front is fine, just in the back seats it does get bumpy on rough roads.

- The only negative is that with stop-and-go traffic the fuel consumption is horrendous - I am getting like 17 MPG... or less. Highway driving is much better - 21MPG to 22MPG. With V8, expect worse fuel consumption. Also, the door entry - the roof line is a little low so you may hit your head when getting in but that is the trade-off for the gorgeous sporty look compared to X5 for example.

The electronics (nav system, HUD, iDrive, music, parking sensors) are amazing...

The only other consideration is that BMW is changing the X5 look and probably X6 will follow redesign shortly. Probably better to lease it now and in 3 years get into the new design.

Avoid low profile tires and big size wheels if you care more about comfort than looks. Depends on the roads where you live but by me with so many pot-holes, 19 inch wheels are the way to go. Wheel size and tires make a huge difference in the ride. Try test-driving different sizes and decide for yourself.

Do your research, get what you want, there are always better deals! The car is fantastic - not perfect but much better than anything else from the competition. Good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 X6 | 2017 540xi | 2015 X5 (retired) | 2006 530i (sold) | 2001 325i (sold)

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 F16 (2015 - Current)
Today's Posts Search