Considering x6 35i but about the same price as 385hp GLE? - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 F16 (2015 - Current)

X6 F16 (2015 - Current)
The all new 2015 BMW X6 is the second generation luxury cross over. BMW referes to the X6 as a Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) as it combines the attributes of an SUV (high ground clearance, xDrive and all-weather ability) with the stance, styling and roof line shape of a coupe. The F16 BMW X6 is build side by side with the F15 X5 at BMW's BMW's Spartanburg, SC plant. Read all about the second generation BMW X6 here!

Old 05-01-2018, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: None
Considering x6 35i but about the same price as 385hp GLE?

Hi there,

New to this forum as I'm doing my research. I'm considering the X6 35i, but after adding the M Sport package, adaptive suspension, rear view camera, and the black wheels, the estimated price is close to the 385hp Mercedes GLE 43 with a few options that are nothing fancy, such as rear view camera, memory seat, and climate control. 300hp vs 385hp seems to a huge power difference. It's hard to convince myself paying low/mid $7X,XXX with lower HP, so I must be missing something? Am I? FYI - I've never owned a bimmer or mercedes before and I'm no expert about cars. I currently have the Lexus IS350 AWD, 308hp V6 and I like the power coming out of this small car when the Sport+ mode is on, but it's time for her to go. Lastly, I heard the 2019 x6 (fall 2018) will have some refresh, do you guys know what they will be?

Last edited by doctortt; 05-01-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2018, 04:30 PM

Mein Auto: None
Can someone please shed some light?
Old 05-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Mein Auto: All BMWs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR04 View Post
The 2020 model year X6, releasing in fall of next year, will be a complete redesign. The redesigned X5 is supposed to come out this fall.

I considered a GLE43 while shopping for my X6. The reason I didn't get it was because most dealers around here weren't willing to discount the GLE as much as the X6.

There are some things the GLE has that the X6 does not, like air suspension. Then there's some things that the X6 has that the GLE does not, like a digital gauge cluster. I also like the exhaust note better on the GLE.

Also you can add about 30-50 horsepower with a tune from BMW or aftermarket. I added a Racechip to my X6 and it increased the 0-60 time by half a second.
You made some good points. Both cars are great, the GLE43 is more up to date. Go for the better deal.

I just have to add something: There is also a lot of potential in the 43 AMG engine. It is even in one of our show cars:

(You'll find a lot of videos on YouTube).

So, this should not be the reason for going for a BMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2018, 10:21 PM

Mein Auto: 540i
I would not just consider HP In the decision.
Take a deeper look at the spec keeping in mind you drive torque.
When you start to compare it MB has more lag than BMW and their kick point is much higher. Meaning BMW kicks in at 1300rpm and MB at around 2500.

My suggestion is drive them both to get a feel for which one you really like.

The X6 can hang with the best of them.

There was a article where they compared 540 against 6 other cars all with more HP than 540 and the 540 best all but 2 of them. I will try and find the article and post.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Old 07-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 540xi, X6
- BMW X6 will lease much much better. You can lease one well optioned for like $650 /month with nothing down except tax and fees. Includes scheduled maintenance too...
- The in-line six engine is way better than V6 in my opinion - smoother, sounds better. Unless you are drag-racing every day, you are not going to need/reach the top HP. Especially in New York :-)
- Compare also the electronics, interior look-and-feel, ride quality

Both cars are fantastic, it is a personal decision - get what makes you happy!

------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 X6 | 2017 540xi | 2015 X5 (retired) | 2006 530i (sold) | 2001 325i (sold)

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X6 F16 (2015 - Current)
Today's Posts Search