M57 Oxygen sensor adaptation - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts

BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
Do you own a diesel powered BMW? Maybe a 335d or a BMW x35d? Come and talk about what makes your car great!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Diesel
M57 Oxygen sensor adaptation

Suspect of my regeneration schedule, I'm regenerating every 175 miles and feel like I am on a mileage schedule and not regenerating based on sensor readings. (a jumpy 3-15 mbar just before regen, out of allowed 35[jumpy=5mbar swing, should I just look at the average?]). Car passes Diff pressure sensor ista test by a sweet margin.

I have been poking around in Ista to see if I can spot anything off, and came across the functional check for the oxygen sensor, and got this:

Quote:
"The oxygen sensors have not yet been adapted. The functional check can therefore not be performed at the moment.
Possible reasons that adaptation has not been carried out: DDE new, DDE reprogrammed

Oxygen sensor adaptation procedure:
-There must be no faults in air mass system
-Drive vehicle at operating temperature
-While driving, assume overrun phase for several seconds approximately 10 times

The functional check has been aborted."
When I first got the car last summer the dealer did reprogram the DDE with a software update.
Over the last couple days, after attempting to get the sensor to adapt multiple times, it is still not completed.

Reading through the application for certification, this overrun adaptation process is reliant on a fully functioning MAF sensor. It also states there is an adaptation schedule for weakened readings (something to that effect). At 100k miles, I truly believe that O2 and MAF are both wear items, the O2 sensor clearly a more severe environment. I'd like to have a code but none active or pending.

Other stuff:
At warm idle Measured air mass 62.26 kg/h, nominal value 40.74
Also still suspect of my differential sensor giving false good readings.

Not sure the best way to rule either of these as good or bad...
Im generally not opposed to throwing parts (like this) at it to see what happens, but if anyone has been through this before or has better comprehension....

Last edited by dzlbimmer; 04-16-2018 at 08:25 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Diesel Owners & Enthusiasts
Today's Posts Search