2011 X5 E70 ABS connector pinout, dsc warning, passenger restraint malfunction warnin - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:36 PM

Mein Auto: x5
2011 X5 E70 ABS connector pinout, dsc warning, passenger restraint malfunction warnin

Hi,

My 2011 E70 X5 got both dynamic stability control (DSC) and passenger restraint system malfunction warnings the same time. after few days, both disappeared together, then re-appear together and stayed on the last 2 weeks.

There are many potential fix ideas from steering between left & right, change battery, wheel speed sensor corrosion, YAW acceleration sensor, steering wheel angle sensor etc. I had replaced with a new battery. it does not help. I'm trying to find out the next step by reading wheel speed sensor on ABS module connector.

Does anyone have the pinout of E70 ABS connector? I saw many of E46 listed online. The E70 ABS connector looks different. It has pin 1 to 16 at the bottom row, pin 17 to pin 31 in the middle row, then a wide open gap, and pin 32 to pin 47 on the top row. it is black color. I attached a picture of it.

Why the DSC and passenger restraint system malfunction warnings appear/disappear together. Does anyone know?

In addition, my OBDII scanner reads no error code at all. I had tried 2 different OBDII scanners. one of them is KESU C101. I was hoping to read out if the problem is wheel speed sensor related, or YAW, or steering angle. Does it require a certain type of OBDII scanner to read these types of error codes?

Thanks,
-Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e70_x5_ABS_connector.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	826433  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Welcome to BF.

www.newtis.info for schematics, pinouts, picture, service manual

Next, understand that there is a computer system generates and logs code, errors, erc. it is much more than the simple OBD system that is mandated by regulators. In a BMW, only a relative handful are actually OBD code. Just an OBD scanner will NOT read all BMW codes

You want a BMW compatible 'reader'. (I use quotes as it is way more than a reader- lets you interrogate modules, control things, query modules) Carly is one; ista another.

Finally if you are doing pin outs, you are WAY in the weeds.

GL

OE is Original Equipment aka 'BMW Original Parts' aka 'What you buy at the BMW dealer with a BMW label'

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer... EITHER the company that made the OE part or.... A part this is identical to the OE part, but is sold by the OEM under their own label

OEM is not what BMW sells

http://www.bimmerzone.com/category/T...ricks_OEM.html

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-OEvsOEM
Old 11-04-2018, 10:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 530xi 6sp, '09 X5 3.0
I would also caution that probing around connectors that have airbag stuff on them can sometimes be dangerous. Just be aware of what you are probing and where you are sitting when you do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2018, 09:58 PM

Thanks, ard & twh. Let me first get a BMW code scanner.

-Nick
Old 11-18-2018, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto:
Check fuses in rear box! Same problem last week. Expected worst. 5 amp fuse was cause.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:23 PM

Thank you, jjburke5! I eyeballed the uses in rearbox once before, but let me double check them.

Do you know how to check the fuses in the front fusebox? It is very hard to reach each fuse.

Regards,
-Nick
Old 12-08-2018, 02:06 PM

replaced parking module and speed sensor, DSC F-CAN error, DSC sensor error

Hi,

I had checked all the fused in the rearbox and the front fuse box, all of them are good.

I had replaced parking module (EMF?), because the button is loosy. didn't help anything.

I tried a second rotation acceleration speed sensor (YAW?) under the front passenger side underwell, still the same errors of

6E58: DSC: F-CAN DSC sensor

6E04: DSC: DSC sensor: variant

D36F: DSC: No F-CAN message (DSC sensor, D8)

6EC4: DSC: steering-angle sensor, adjustment // this error is intermittent

when engine starts, DSC malfunction and passenger restraint system malfunction errors remain.

This "DSC" is the rotation acceleration speed sensor (YAW) under front passenger underwell, isn't it? I don't believe both parts are dead. could it be wiring issues?

Can someone help?

Thanks,
-Nick
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Nuclear engineer

Mein Auto: CPO2012 X5 35d M57(E70)
No help, but - Error codes do not identify a failed part (to be changed) but identify a symptom that may be caused by any number of failed components or adjustments to be differentiated among by execution of a BMW Test Planİ guide through the fault tree. BMW Test Plansİ are closely held and you will pay for them.
Scepticism is the chastity of the intellect, and it is shameful to surrender it too soon or to the first comer: there is nobility in preserving it coolly and proudly through long youth, until at last, in the ripeness of instinct and discretion, it can be safely exchanged for fidelity and happiness.
(The Works of George Santayana p. 65)

Eschew eristical argumentation. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 PM

2 days after replacing the YAW rotation acceleration speed sensor, restraint system malfunction warning is no longer shown.

These 3 codes disappeared too:
6E58: DSC: F-CAN DSC sensor
6E04: DSC: DSC sensor: variant
D36F: DSC: No F-CAN message (DSC sensor, D8)

However, these 2 codes below and DSC malfunction error remain:

6EC4: DSC: steering-angle sensor, adjustment // this error is intermittent
6DC3: DSC: DSC sensor: adjustment

If anyone has any idea where to check next, please give me a hand.

Thank you,
-Nick

See More Related BMW Stories

Tags
abs, dsc, e70, steering wheel angle, wheel speed sensor, x5, yaw rate sensor

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search