Questions about M-Performace - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Questions about M-Performace

Trying to decide between a 335 M-Sport and Sport

I love the look of the M-performance aero kit but it seems like M-performance requires M-sport??? Don't want to pay twice for an aero kit when I'd just like to outfit a 335 M-performance line instead.

Also - while I see a parts catalog and several posts of people picking up their ED 335 with M-performance parts, I have not yet seen any US delivery F30's with M-performance aero kits.

Any light someone could shed on this would be great. Hoping to make a decision by end of year to take advantage of the deals.

Ideal configuration with ED

Gray/Coral
M-Sport Line
M-performance power package
M-performance handling package
Black kidney grills

Is this even possible right now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 335i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post

I love the look of the M-performance aero kit but it seems like M-performance requires M-sport??? Don't want to pay twice for an aero kit when I'd just like to outfit a 335 M-performance line instead.

Also - while I see a parts catalog and several posts of people picking up their ED 335 with M-performance parts, I have not yet seen any US delivery F30's with M-performance aero kits.

Any light someone could shed on this would be great. Hoping to make a decision by end of year to take advantage of the deals.

Gray/Coral
M-Sport Line
M-performance power package
M-performance handling package
Black kidney grills

If you want the M-Performance aero kit, you must have an M-Sport. It won't fit on a non-M-Sport. But, there are other F30 aero kits out there. 3D Design makes a good looking one for a non-M-sport F30. I don't believe the M-Perfermance aero kit is available in the US yet. I'm not 100% sure of that.

I'm taking ED in December. M-Performance options are either port installed or dealer installed. Port installed or VDC is probably cheaper. I'm porting installing the M-Performance brakes front and rear (yellow calipers), black grills, and performance exhaust. I don't believe you can get them installed in Germany.

Looking at your list, sounds like a nice set-up. Red leather on a silver or grey car looks awesome.

The Dynamic Handling Package, which I've ordered too, is not a M-Performance option. It is factory installed and isn't part of that M-Performance line of upgrades. It's just semantics, but it can get confusing. It includes variable steering and adaptive "M" suspension.

Now to really confuse, you need to understand the what the M-Performance Power Package is. There are two packages with very similar names.

1) The M-P Power Package, I believe , is ONLY black grills and M-P Exhaust. It is VPC or deal installed. It is MSRP $1370. I'm not sure how long that price is good for. It might only be good till Dec. 31st.

2) The M-P Power Kit (PPK) is the 30 horsepower upgrade with additional hardware, like new engine cover, intake silencer, stickers, etc. It is not available yet, I believe it will be VPC or dealer install.

When I started this F30 purchasing process, it was so freeking confusing. These boards will save you money and help bring you up to speed.

Welcome to the confusing world of BMW. Good luck.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM
GasCompression

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post

It is getting late to order a vehicle for end of year delivery for the end of year incentives...335s are limited production. I ordered a 328i and it took 5 weeks. Does the dealer you are working with have any allotments left? It may be better to find out first.

2014 Black/Tan 335i M-Sport/Sport Automatic Transmission/Premium Package/Technology Package
Cold Weather Package/Driver Assistance Package/Harmon Kardon sound/19" Wheels 403M HP tires

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search