2019 340ix GT vs 2019 440ix GC Pros/ Cons - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums



Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2018, 06:50 PM
rctini rctini is offline
Registered User
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: BMW 330i Xdrive Wagon
2019 340ix GT vs 2019 440ix GC Pros/ Cons

Since 2019 F34 340ix GT will be built in Germany, I am trying to decide between these two vehicles. Would like to get Pros and Cons.

I do not want the 3 series first year G models being built in Mexico for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bimmerfest mobile app
__________________

2018 330I xdrive Sport Wagon
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-08-2018, 07:49 PM
jstein333 jstein333 is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctini View Post
Since 2019 F34 340ix GT will be built in Germany, I am trying to decide between these two vehicles. Would like to get Pros and Cons.

I do not want the 3 series first year G models being built in Mexico for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bimmerfest mobile app
When my mom was looking for a new 3 series to replace her E90 sedan, I went with her and actually looked at a 3 series wagon (F31), 4GC (F36) and 3GT (F34) as she wanted a hatchback. She eventually went with the wagon as she didn't care too much for the backseat space, didn't like the size or styling of the 3GT, didn't like the low ride height of the 4GC, and only needed a small engine since she drives like a grandma. She also thought the wagon would be best for carrying her dog in the back. I know your looking at the 4GC and 3GT, but just thought I'd add my experience, as I also really liked the wagon personally.

4 Series GC (F36)
Pros Larger cargo space than F30 sedan, Beautiful design and overall look, lower ride height (if you like that), pillarless/frameless windows (coupe like look), coupe like and better handling compared to 3GT, power hatch is standard, 4 series models include more standard equipment than 3 series models, more choice in individual colors and interiors (at least in online configurator, dealer situation may differ), more cargo space than a 3 series sedan

Cons Low ride height means lower step in and out, low roofline compromises front and rear headroom (emphasis on rear), as well as rear visibility, despite more standard features, a loaded 4GC and 3GT are $500 w/in each other, less cargo space than 3GT, rear legroom is even less than the 3 sedan, no manual transmission

3 Series GT
Pros Even larger cargo space than any F3X model, about 10 more cubic feet than the 4GC with seats up and down, higher ride height (if you like that), same 0-60 time as 4GC, standard all wheel drive, power hatch standard, price (when loaded) is close to 4GC, larger rear seat legroom than a 5 series and X5

Cons Questionable styling, All Wheel Drive ONLY, higher ride height (if you don't like that), somewhat slower 30i model compared to other F3X cars (5.9 sec), slightly worse fuel economy, extra weight compared to other F3X models, HUGE in size, almost 10 inches larger than a normal 3 series, closer in size to a 5 series, larger size diminishes handling compared to 4GC, no manual transmission
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2018, 11:01 AM
rctini rctini is offline
Registered User
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: BMW 330i Xdrive Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein333 View Post
When my mom was looking for a new 3 series to replace her E90 sedan, I went with her and actually looked at a 3 series wagon (F31), 4GC (F36) and 3GT (F34) as she wanted a hatchback. She eventually went with the wagon as she didn't care too much for the backseat space, didn't like the size or styling of the 3GT, didn't like the low ride height of the 4GC, and only needed a small engine since she drives like a grandma. She also thought the wagon would be best for carrying her dog in the back. I know your looking at the 4GC and 3GT, but just thought I'd add my experience, as I also really liked the wagon personally.

4 Series GC (F36)
Pros Larger cargo space than F30 sedan, Beautiful design and overall look, lower ride height (if you like that), pillarless/frameless windows (coupe like look), coupe like and better handling compared to 3GT, power hatch is standard, 4 series models include more standard equipment than 3 series models, more choice in individual colors and interiors (at least in online configurator, dealer situation may differ), more cargo space than a 3 series sedan

Cons Low ride height means lower step in and out, low roofline compromises front and rear headroom (emphasis on rear), as well as rear visibility, despite more standard features, a loaded 4GC and 3GT are $500 w/in each other, less cargo space than 3GT, rear legroom is even less than the 3 sedan, no manual transmission

3 Series GT
Pros Even larger cargo space than any F3X model, about 10 more cubic feet than the 4GC with seats up and down, higher ride height (if you like that), same 0-60 time as 4GC, standard all wheel drive, power hatch standard, price (when loaded) is close to 4GC, larger rear seat legroom than a 5 series and X5

Cons Questionable styling, All Wheel Drive ONLY, higher ride height (if you don't like that), somewhat slower 30i model compared to other F3X cars (5.9 sec), slightly worse fuel economy, extra weight compared to other F3X models, HUGE in size, almost 10 inches larger than a normal 3 series, closer in size to a 5 series, larger size diminishes handling compared to 4GC, no manual transmission
Thanks for your input. I agree with you and your mom, the F31 is a great vehicle. I have a 2018 F31 and my dogs and I love the sport wagon. I keep my rear seats down with the cargo net installed behind the front seats and custom covering for the seat backs/floor. I love the movable built in divider. Wish new 5 series sport wagons were still available in the U.S.A. My neighbor has a 2010 5 series sport wagon with the straight 6 engine.

Unlike your mom I am a great grandfather but I love the feel of acceleration. That is why I am looking at the straight 6. I love the M vehicles but feel I am to old.

I like the extra rear leg room in the 340ix GT when wanting to carry passengers. Love the styling of the 440ix and better handling with the track package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bimmerfest mobile app
__________________

2018 330I xdrive Sport Wagon
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM
jstein333 jstein333 is offline
Registered User
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 74
Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rctini View Post
Thanks for your input. I agree with you and your mom, the F31 is a great vehicle. I have a 2018 F31 and my dogs and I love the sport wagon. I keep my rear seats down with the cargo net installed behind the front seats and custom covering for the seat backs/floor. I love the movable built in divider. Wish new 5 series sport wagons were still available in the U.S.A. My neighbor has a 2010 5 series sport wagon with the straight 6 engine.

Unlike your mom I am a great grandfather but I love the feel of acceleration. That is why I am looking at the straight 6. I love the M vehicles but feel I am to old.

I like the extra rear leg room in the 340ix GT when wanting to carry passengers. Love the styling of the 440ix and better handling with the track package.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bimmerfest mobile app
In your case I see three options to choice from.

1) is unorthodox, but if your looking for a mix of a 4GC's sporty handling and styling, as well as a large cargo area, the Audi S5 sportback may be a good competitor, although it is lacking in the rear legroom.

2) the 340i GT as it seems the cargo area would be really great, it should handle pretty well still, and the styling can grow on you, I don't mind it in the right color and package (it looks better with the luxury package, the m sport doesn't suit it well).

3) There's also the third option of adapting to the new way of life of many customers buying new vehicles, SUVs. The X3 doesn't have the largest rear passenger space compared to the 3GT, but the cargo space is large and tall, and the M40i is one great handling and fast vehicle with a great sounding inline 6, and the overall design and interior is more up to date with BMW's current design. My neighbor bought one, and he has no complaints, and even says there's a fair bit of steering feel.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Skyliner32 Skyliner32 is offline
Registered User
Location: Florecn KY
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 335xi Gran Turismo
F36 is for people who wants a sports car with rear seat, F34 is for people who wants a SUV with the ability to steer. They're actually quite different cars considering the last time I dropped off my F34 at the dealer and they get me a F36 as a loner.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2018, 01:32 PM
rctini rctini is offline
Registered User
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: BMW 330i Xdrive Wagon
I am keeping my 2018 F31. My second vehicle needs to have the top of the passenger seat no more than 24 inches above ground (which the F31 meets already) to accommodate my wife's physical limitations.
I just found a 2019 440ix GC nicely equipped that is available aboard ship heading to the USA. What do you all think of this configuration?

Model 194V 440xi GC
Color 300 Alpine White
Upholstery LCNL Black Dakota Leather with Blue Stitching

Options
ZDA Driving Assistance Package
5AS Active Driving Assistant
8TH Speed Limit Info
ZMP M Sport Package
2VF***8224;Adaptive M Suspension
494 Heated front seats
5AG Active Blind Spot Detection
ZPX Executive Package
552 Adaptive Full LED Lights
5AC Automatic high beams
5DL Side and Top View Cameras
5DP Parking Assistant N/C
ZTR Track Handling Package
2NH M Sport Brakes
2VL Variable sport steering
337 M Sport Package
21W***8224;19" M Double-spoke orbit grey wheels
481 Sport seats
4GA***8224;Ash Grain Wood Trim with Metal Inlay
710 M steering wheel
715 Aerodynamic kit
760 Shadowline exterior trim
775 Anthracite headliner
1CA CO2 relevant vehicles
248 Heated Steering Wheel
2TB Sport Automatic Transmission
2VB Tire pressure monitor
302 Alarm System
319 Universal garage-door opener
322 Comfort Access keyless entry
3AG Rear view camera
3DZ Without Lines designation outside
423 Floor mats
430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors
431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror
465 Split fold-down-rear seat
488 Lumbar support
493 Storage package
4AE Adjustable front armrest
508 Park Distance Control
521 Rain sensor and auto headlights
534 Automatic climate control
575 Additional 12-V power sockets
5AP Decoding for no-dazzle high-beam assistance
609 Navigation system N/C
610 Head-up Display
655 SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 1year All Access
688 Harman Kardon surround sound system
697 DVD Area coding (North America)
6AC BMW Assist eCall
6AE BMW TeleServices
6AK ConnectedDrive Services
6AM Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
6AP Remote Services
6CP Apple CarPlay Compatibility with 1 Year Trial
6NW Wireless Charging
6WB Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster
6WD WiFi Hotspot
840 Increased top speed limiter
8KL Oil Chg 10,000 mls/12 months
8S4 Variable Light Decoding
8TN Daytime driving lights
925 Shipping package
9AA Transport protection
ZEB Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
ZTM Tier 2

Accessories
Z06 Black Kidney Grilles
Z09 Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Z11 M Performance Power & Sound
Z21 Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
Z3T M Performance Side Stripes
Z5T Rear Diffuser Painted Body Color
Z67 Wheel Locks - Spline Style
Z6M Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips
Z95 CF Front Attachment w/CF Lip
ZJ5 BMW First Aid Kit
__________________

2018 330I xdrive Sport Wagon
Reply With Quote
Reply

See More Related BMW Stories


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© 2001- VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.